Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 12:25:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 5 Key words (short sentence) to explain BTC  (Read 384 times)
Magicalking

Activity: 378
Merit: 135

View Profile
November 06, 2021, 02:17:43 PM

1. Decentralized
2. Digital currency
3. Encrypted
4. Peer to Peer
5. Blockchain
The keywords listed above best describes Bitcoin. Bitcoin is a decentralized digital currency encrypted on the Blockchain network and can be transferred from one person to another on the p2p bitcoin network.
mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 3843

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
November 06, 2021, 02:24:21 PM
Merited by BlackHatCoiner (1)

Reading on whitepaper would sum it all.

A purely peer-to-peer version of electronic cash would allow online
payments to be sent directly from one party to another without going through a
financial institution

https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf

A very short sentence but would answer it all.

I'd beg to differ. This would probably makes sense for some people(albeit a minority), but most people wouldn't even know what peer-to-peer is. I definitely don't think that there's a "one fits all" answer for this.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
lucates

Activity: 222
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 06, 2021, 03:02:11 PM

Perhaps kids nowadays can understand such things even you don't explain it to them very dip,  i mean just a simple words wherein a "decentralized currency or digital currency" , that no physical asset such fiats but it's more profitable when it comes investment and trading  because of being so volatile unlike stock reason mostly investors are focused on it. And you can say that it's more useful as well in making transactions because of its speed and etc. Perhaps on that way they can get you what's bitcoin..
Exactly nowadays kids are really technology driven so they can understand easily. But I don't know they can understand within 5 short sentences because definitely they have many doubts even me too but I am trying to answer this question.

We can say bitcoin is a currency developed by a new technology. Bitcoin is also called digital currency because we can't touch it or, smell it or see it. It can transfer only through digitally by using computer, phone etc. But in many places we can't use bitcoin to buy anything because it's a new technology, to aprove it government take some time, some law and order issues. But it have huge value than any other currencies like US dollar, Indian rupee etc. So we are buy more bitcoin now then we can convert it into our countries currency like we buy and sell a land, gold etc. So if we invest in bitcoin we will get  huge return than we invest in a bank.

Simple «buy-hold-earn» system!      │     TRIDENT PROTOCOL     │      HIGH FIXED APY  >>> 382,945%
THE HIGH PAYING AUTO-STAKING & AUTO-COMPOUNDING PROTOCOL
████████████|           Twitter           |          Telegram          |            Reddit            |████████████
terrorJR

Activity: 1302
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 06, 2021, 05:03:51 PM

i can say it is possible to make it clear to my child that bitcoin is real digital money but non government.
because indeed money is not completely issued from the government and bitcoin is one of them.
besides bitcoin is p2p where we can directly send the money we have to someone or to a group of people without having to have an intermediary.
maybe it will be a bit like imposing when explaining things like this to children but of course they must be able to re-describe what we are saying because indeed when talking about this and being taught about theory they will not understand, they have to go directly and observe and feel then they can understand

███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████████████████
████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄██
███████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀█████
████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████
██████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀█████████████████
████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
tygeade
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1059

View Profile
November 06, 2021, 05:05:14 PM

If I am to explain Bitcoin to anyone, I’m just going to say that Bitcoin is a decentralized and peer to peer method of transaction.

And of course, it is volatile and you can decide to choose whether you would like to invest your money in it and hold it as an asset. But, the most important thing is to let them know that it is a currency that can be used for transaction.

When Bitcoin came out, we all know that the main purpose that it was created was just transaction, but for the fact that people realized that it is volatile and can then increase in value to make them profit, that made them decide that it would be good for investment and they started investing heavily on it which for sure it is a good investment. so it can be a lot of things.

witcher_sense
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 4372

🔐BitcoinMessage.Tools🔑

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2021, 06:33:26 PM

Bitcoin is digital scarce money. These five words are sufficient to describe the phenomenon of bitcoin or, at the very least, to get you interested enough in order for you to start your own diving down the rabbit hole. Before bitcoin, we hadn't been thinking much about what money really is, why scarcity is so important for money to perform its functions more efficiently, why digital money offered by central banks is no better than paper currency. Before bitcoin, we couldn't even imagine that digital scarcity was possible. Bitcoin got us thinking about things we had no idea had existed. Bitcoin is digital scarce money of which the combination of multiple disciplines is base.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
dupee419

Activity: 1344
Merit: 261

View Profile
November 06, 2021, 11:29:30 PM

Words that are encouraging, words that will actually make them interested and curious about Bitcoin, I think 5 words are actually enough for someone to at least learn about Bitcoin, 5 words ain't enough for someone to invest on Bitcoin though, it may need a further discussion about how profitable Bitcoin will be, that is unless someone can actually give us 5 convincing keywords for someone to instantly invest on Bitcoin.
24Kt

Activity: 1092
Merit: 67

View Profile
November 06, 2021, 11:35:41 PM

Bitcoin is digital scarce money. These five words are sufficient to describe the phenomenon of bitcoin or, at the very least, to get you interested enough in order for you to start your own diving down the rabbit hole. Before bitcoin, we hadn't been thinking much about what money really is, why scarcity is so important for money to perform its functions more efficiently, why digital money offered by central banks is no better than paper currency. Before bitcoin, we couldn't even imagine that digital scarcity was possible. Bitcoin got us thinking about things we had no idea had existed. Bitcoin is digital scarce money of which the combination of multiple disciplines is base.

That's a very good start to introduce it to your friends. But expect, there will be more inquiries after that. But this simple statement for bitcoin is great in my opinion. With scarcity, comes the idea that it may rise its value thru time because of its limited supply. But explaining all about bitcoin needs more than 5 key words. But I agree, to pick up the interest of people around you, you need to give them something to think about.
Alisha-k

Activity: 840
Merit: 23

View Profile
November 07, 2021, 06:59:38 AM

I think kids within certain ages shouldn't be let into the lime light of what Bitcoin is, they definition you've given though describes Bitcoin but may not be understood by kids it you're going to explain it to them against odds....

Bitcoin is a decentralized currency that can be purchased, sold or exchanged for a value without the a middle person like the bank..
By decentralized, Bitcoin isn't owned, managed it controlled by one person.

center]██                      ►          ⦁               1xBit.com     │     S p o r t s b o o k   &   C a s i n o               ⦁          ◀                      ██
                  WELCOME BONUS UP TO 7 BTC!                  ♣
██  ██████████████          ■                   30+ ALTCOINS AVAILABLE                   ■          ██████████████  ██[/center]
Lotus

Activity: 107
Merit: 7

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2021, 08:13:20 AM

Bitcoin is an internet currency with no central authority to confirm transactions and issue new money.

This is the major problem bitcoin solved.
True, but it's the benefits of decentralization that matter to most users than the fact that it's decentralized. If there was some way to ensure that a centralized alternative was censor-resistant and uncontrollable it would have fit that function (maybe some satellite central node that is immutable). BTC just happened to do it via the ingenious decentralized design.

Forgotten Crypt - Zero-Trust trading. Take the guesswork out of trading.
http://www.ForgottenCrypt.com
D-law

Activity: 672
Merit: 19

View Profile
November 07, 2021, 10:34:14 AM

Decentralized.
Peer to peer network.
A currency on the internet.
One of the most used, if not the most use digital currency currently around the world.
Government are against it because they have no full control over it.

██                      ►          ⦁               1xBit.com     │     S p o r t s b o o k   &   C a s i n o               ⦁          ◀                      ██
                  WELCOME BONUS UP TO 7 BTC!                  ♣
██  ██████████████          ■                   30+ ALTCOINS AVAILABLE                   ■          ██████████████  ██
V-t.Ester

Activity: 532
Merit: 25

View Profile
November 07, 2021, 10:36:04 PM

Everything depends on what explanation you want to give. An easy explanation for a child from the age of 3 years: “Bitcoin is Internet money that can be changed on paper money to buy you somethings” maybe not 5 words but every small cute child will understand you. If you are talking with an adult person then main points for me are 1) decentralized bank free asset; 2) digital asset; 3) very volatile asset; 4) transparent asset (all transactions are available and can be found in blockchain); 5) BTC can bring profit by mining, trading and hodling. A lot of details can be given on every point.
Mpamaegbu
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 1219

Once a man, twice a child!

View Profile
November 08, 2021, 05:15:36 PM

Bitcoin is money that can be sent to anyone anywhere at any time without the need for a trusted third party.
I believe that basically easily explains it to a kid (hypothetically visualized). Besides, I'll add that every kid (adults included) should be made to realize that Bitcoin isn't a "Get Rich Quick Scheme" In fact, that's the easiest way I like to explain it to anyone who comes inquiring from me. I start with that disclaimer, knowing that a lot of people come into Bitcoin hoping to hit a goldmine.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Vaskiy
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1106

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
November 08, 2021, 11:06:04 PM

• It is same as our traditional fiat, but you can have it digitally
  • Internet connectivity is a must to make use of it
  • With time it grows and can be used similar to stocks/forex trading
  • Holding it as an investment give assured profit
  • Same as Bitcoin you've got more other cryptocurrencies developed over different platforms

Nowhere I mention about the technical things associated with Bitcoin, because most of them who have asked me about bitcoin have come after knowing its profit. Briefing about the technical features isn't gonna reach their minds.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
tuertezii

Activity: 58
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 09, 2021, 08:11:51 AM

Bitcoin is an idea, technology, and payment system.
Wawa2013

Activity: 1666
Merit: 267

View Profile
November 09, 2021, 08:57:28 AM

5 short words to explain bitcoin to the layman for me
1, bitcoin is virtual money
2. Bitcoin can be called digital gold
3. Its decentralized nature
4. can be used as a long-term investment
5. the advantage of buying bitcoin when the red market can reach 100%

but all of that needs extra explanation and accurate evidence so that it is better understood by people who are blind to what bitcoin is

I agree that the 5 short words you have mentioned can indeed briefly explain Bitcoin. I'm sure some lay people have started to understand what
Bitcoin is from these 5 short words. But we must remember that everyone's perception is different and everyone's insight is also different.
so the choice of words must use general terms that are often used. So for ordinary people it is easier to understand, but unfortunately in the third
point, not everyone understands what decentralization is. Maybe decentralization can be replaced with short words such as transactions without
the need to involve third parties. The conclusion Bitcoin should be explained in detail, so that there are no misunderstandings, therefore I prefer
to explain Bitcoin to others with a long explanation. So that people understand Bitcoin better and don't make wrong decisions.

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████▄
████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
▀██████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
Metavault.Trade
████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████████████████████████████████████████
NEXT GENERATION PERPETUAL DEX WITH
ZERO SLIPPAGE SWAPS & UP TO 30X LEVERAGE

██████████████████████████████████████████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████████████
Faster, Safer, Smarter!
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ██   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
TWITTER  |  DISCORD  |  TELEGRAM  |  MEDIUM  |  GITHUB
btc78

Activity: 2506
Merit: 212

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
November 09, 2021, 09:08:58 AM

For me simple words for simple understanding , and that is

"" Spendable Money Via Online Transaction ""

Bitcoin is also considered as Online money so for a Younger listener we must adopt in what they can carry .

But of course eventually you'll need to extend explanation like what those mentioned above that are great to learn.

Swapzone_pr

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 10, 2021, 02:30:22 PM

Hi all,

I've been reading a lot about Bitcoin, watching interviews from Michael Saylor, Robert Breedlove, Pomp, Preston Pysh, read a book on Bitcoin/Blockchain......but for some weird reason, i still cant formulate a basic description of what is Bitcoin.
Yesterday, I was by myself and I asked myself : If you had to describe Bitcoin to a kid, or anybody, the very basic or simple aspect of it, how would you do it ?

For some reason, I wasnt able to say much beside :
-Its decentralised, its a «store of value», it can be seen as «property» (as opposed to land or house or anything that a govt can seized from you), and that all transactions or public to everybody via Blockchain.

I dont know if im retarded (loll) but I was very insastisfied of my description of Bitcoin compared to the work i've done to educate myself. Seems like the informations dont want to sync in my brain...
In a simple way, if you would like to explain  to a friend  the basic concept or nature of bitcoin, what would be the 5 key points/short sentence that  you would say ?

Once again, thank you Bitcoin family.
Always interesting to see your response !

Maybe not in 5 words, but easy enough "BTC is decentralized digital currency, that can be sent from user to user without the need for intermediaries".
If a kid asks about "what is an intermediary?", you can answer "a central bank or a single administrator in this case"
nicolerichardson

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 22, 2021, 04:38:05 AM

The keywords that come to my mind while I hear bitcoin (BTC) are:
· Mining
· Wallet
· Blockchain
· Private key
Cryptocurrency
AicecreaME

Activity: 2352
Merit: 454

View Profile
November 22, 2021, 11:33:30 AM

Hi all,

I've been reading a lot about Bitcoin, watching interviews from Michael Saylor, Robert Breedlove, Pomp, Preston Pysh, read a book on Bitcoin/Blockchain......but for some weird reason, i still cant formulate a basic description of what is Bitcoin.
Yesterday, I was by myself and I asked myself : If you had to describe Bitcoin to a kid, or anybody, the very basic or simple aspect of it, how would you do it ?

For some reason, I wasnt able to say much beside :
-Its decentralised, its a «store of value», it can be seen as «property» (as opposed to land or house or anything that a govt can seized from you), and that all transactions or public to everybody via Blockchain.

I dont know if im retarded (loll) but I was very insastisfied of my description of Bitcoin compared to the work i've done to educate myself. Seems like the informations dont want to sync in my brain...
In a simple way, if you would like to explain  to a friend  the basic concept or nature of bitcoin, what would be the 5 key points/short sentence that  you would say ?

Once again, thank you Bitcoin family.
Always interesting to see your response !

Decentralized asset with high volatility.

Bitcoin is known to be a decentralized, speculative asset that has a high volatility which makes it a good investment vehicle as long as you know how to assess and manage risks. It is also good to be utilized in trading platform given its price fluctuations in the market, you can make a very big profit if you know how to do proper technical analysis with the right timing on when to take profit whenever the price skyrockets. Of course, you should also know when to cut loss to avoid more losses if ever you predicted the price trend of a coin wrong.

Bitcoin can give you so many opportunities, you just have to be determined to earn with it. It offers many income generating ways such as investing, trading, and campaigns in which you can utilize to your own advantage to have money most especially in this time of a pandemic crisis. Bitcoin could be one of the greatest tool you will ever have and know. It has a very promising value as of today and in the future as predicted and backed up by the history. If you missed to invest way back before its value is still too low, it's never too late to invest right now. Just be sure to do your very own research first and risk only the amount you can afford to lose because after all, no matter what prediction we do, the future of anything isn't really guaranteed. Trade and invest at your own risk.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: