Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 02:21:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: If we fail to jump above $100K in December, do you sell?
Yes, the stock to flow model is done. - 4 (9.5%)
Yes no matter what. Always sell in December every 4 years. - 8 (19%)
No, Bitcoin will keep rising. It’s different this time. - 20 (47.6%)
No, I will never sell my Bitcoin. - 10 (23.8%)
Total Voters: 42

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Poll] If this happens, is it time to sell your Bitcoin?  (Read 415 times)
magneto

Activity: 1666
Merit: 753

View Profile
November 12, 2021, 04:02:45 AM

Voted for the fourth option.

I'm keeping BTC as a long term hedge against a fiat collapse, which will be imminent.

I'm not interested in taking profits in the short run quite honestly - you might feel great for a while, and you could even potentially buy back for cheaper, but history has taught us that more often than not BTC will be on an uptrend long term due to its scarcity.
A total collapse? Probably a long way off of that currently. However, we can definitely expect something similar to 2008/2009 where there was a global recession. This has undoubtedly been escalated by Covid, and the measures that needed to be taken for that. A global recession something like 2008/2009, probably bigger is likely to be imminent, but I wouldn't go as far to say that a complete collapse is imminent.

Also, there is likely a ceiling that Bitcoin will hit, as with everything. Though, at this moment considering the currency is relatively new, it's hard to figure out what that ceiling might be when it has already broken a lot of peoples expectations.

Oh, you'd be surprised how fast things can unravel.

Zimbabwe and Venezuela were both very prosperous countries a few decades before their economic systems were subject to complete collapse. I believe one stage Zimbabwe even had a higher exchange rate than the USD.

When your whole economic system is built upon a house of cards, it's not going to last.
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
wxa7115

Activity: 2702
Merit: 704

View Profile
November 12, 2021, 10:10:46 PM

With some people starting to talk about double tops and calling Bitcoin’s ATH in the rear view, do you think it’s time to sell if we don’t see the stock to flow $100K target hit in December?

With other bubbles in 2013 & 2017 being in December, do you sell next month no matter what happens?

Is it different this time? Will there be no bear market?

I can understand why some people could be interested in selling right now, as they may be expecting that history will repeat itself once again and they want to keep the profits they have accumulated during the past year.

However I think we are slowly reaching the scenario in which we will never have to sell our coins, I do not think the price will crash as massively as it did back then as the circumstances are completely different now, we have institutional investors, adoption has grown massively since 2017 and an economic crisis is looming on the horizon, so I think the market is not going to behave as it did back then.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
Silberman
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1332

View Profile
November 14, 2021, 07:27:54 PM

Voted for the fourth option.

I'm keeping BTC as a long term hedge against a fiat collapse, which will be imminent.

I'm not interested in taking profits in the short run quite honestly - you might feel great for a while, and you could even potentially buy back for cheaper, but history has taught us that more often than not BTC will be on an uptrend long term due to its scarcity.
A fiat collapse is basically guaranteed as it is impossible to maintain a system that steals from the majority in the form of inflation up forever, however I am not so sure about this being imminent, governments are experts at manipulating the population and most of the population is sleeping and cannot see what is happening, so I would think the current system can last a few more decades even if it is becoming more unstable as we speak, as the pandemic forced governments to print a lot more money than what they would have liked to print and this is finally showing in a level of inflation which cannot be ignored by the population.
tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3934
Merit: 1406

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
November 17, 2021, 05:55:29 PM

Interesting poll result...  Would it be possible to know what the rank of those who voted that ‘it’s gonna be different this time.’?  I’d say most of them are newbie accounts and have entered the space around late 2020, early 2021 or so.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3262
Merit: 4110

View Profile
November 17, 2021, 11:40:03 PM

Oh, you'd be surprised how fast things can unravel.

Zimbabwe and Venezuela were both very prosperous countries a few decades before their economic systems were subject to complete collapse. I believe one stage Zimbabwe even had a higher exchange rate than the USD.

When your whole economic system is built upon a house of cards, it's not going to last.
I'd argue that the political stability was much more fragile than that in the USA. We all know that the US has a lot of problems, and at times things can start to look like the balance has tipped, but I still think they've got a lot more resources to combat any significant dip. Civil unrest, and various other factors contributed to Zimbabwe. You're right though, I might be slightly underestimating how quick things can change, though I think I still stand by my original stance, not going to happen anytime soon (within 10 years).

Interesting poll result...  Would it be possible to know what the rank of those who voted that ‘it’s gonna be different this time.’?  I’d say most of them are newbie accounts and have entered the space around late 2020, early 2021 or so.
I tend to find that the older users here are a little more optimistic, than the ones that have just invested. I would wager a guess that most long term users, were hoping for the best which swayed their vote to thinking it was different. For example, I don't actually tend to take notice of much of the patterns, because I like to follow the correlation doesn't equal causation approach. Though, I hadn't voted on this poll.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: