Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 02:46:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Titan Mint Coins- Serious Issue- Titan Mint Bitcoin Coins ***NEW UPDATES***  (Read 12705 times)
FFrankie

Activity: 2254
Merit: 960

100% Deposit Match UP TO €5000!

View Profile
November 14, 2021, 06:47:49 AM

I didn't know the website was not processing redemption requests until yesterday, and I'm not sure why it is failing yet.  We did do server maintenance a few weeks ago and verified things were working at that time.

Dev team is on the case, but I won't have an ETA on the fix until we know what is happening.

I'll update here when there's news on the site being back to full functionality.

So you personally tested it a couple weeks ago and it worked?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
TitanBTC

Activity: 366
Merit: 258

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2021, 05:22:36 PM

We test a few dummy coins whenever we have to cycle the servers and the last tests worked. 

If particular coins are working and others are not then its a database issue and that's what we're trying to track down now.

The site may be down entirely for a few minutes at a time this week while we do some deeper maintenance efforts but if we run into a scenario where its going to be down for longer than an hour or so, I'll reroute traffic to a cloned version of the servers via DNS to keep some version live for checking coins.

ChiBitCTy (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2240
Merit: 2989

View Profile
November 17, 2021, 09:18:51 PM

We test a few dummy coins whenever we have to cycle the servers and the last tests worked. 

If particular coins are working and others are not then its a database issue and that's what we're trying to track down now.

The site may be down entirely for a few minutes at a time this week while we do some deeper maintenance efforts but if we run into a scenario where its going to be down for longer than an hour or so, I'll reroute traffic to a cloned version of the servers via DNS to keep some version live for checking coins.

"And we are sorry for the inconvenience, not returning calls/emails etc" Sure no problem Titan  Roll Eyes 

Please keep us posted ASAP

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
GTA4141

Activity: 5
Merit: 2

View Profile
November 18, 2021, 01:27:28 AM

Newbie here, but I was wondering if anyone has had any issues with registration of the Titan 2013 2fa bitcoin.  I purchased two (2) of these at the end of 2013.   I have been trying to register the coins for funding by Titan.  However when I enter the email confirmation code and then the delivery confirmation code (which are 100% correct from the paperwork I received from titan) the website states that the confirmation codes don’t match.  I have left numerous messages for Tim Fillmore via phone, text, along with emails to guardians@titanbtc.com.  No response.  Anyone else having these issues.
Darklight1

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 18, 2021, 01:40:32 AM

He replied to this thread 2 days ago which is a good sign that he's alive and still in communication. You might try to PM him again now since he's recently active. Hopefully there won't be anymore long periods of radio silence.  Smiley
ChiBitCTy (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 18, 2021, 02:50:00 AM
Merited by Kryptowerk (1)

Newbie here, but I was wondering if anyone has had any issues with registration of the Titan 2013 2fa bitcoin.  I purchased two (2) of these at the end of 2013.   I have been trying to register the coins for funding by Titan.  However when I enter the email confirmation code and then the delivery confirmation code (which are 100% correct from the paperwork I received from titan) the website states that the confirmation codes don’t match.  I have left numerous messages for Tim Fillmore via phone, text, along with emails to guardians@titanbtc.com.  No response.  Anyone else having these issues.

More issues, smh. Sorry you’re having to deal with this. Just curious, how’d you find out about this thread?

Hopefully Titan will be back in contact here soon to make sure they get everyone’s issues resolved.

.Duelbits.
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
gwu79611

Activity: 102
Merit: 6

View Profile
November 18, 2021, 03:00:42 AM

More issues, smh. Sorry you’re having to deal with this. Just curious, how’d you find out about this thread?

Hopefully Titan will be back in contact here soon to make sure they get everyone’s issues resolved.
I had similar issues with 2FA in 2014, and never bought 2fa again from Tim. Hope he comes out clean!!
GTA4141

Activity: 5
Merit: 2

View Profile
November 18, 2021, 03:38:17 AM
Merited by ChiBitCTy (2)

I stumbled across this forum while doing research on Titan Mint’s whereabouts including Tim Fillmore.  I have tried every which way possible to get in touch with him.  Phone messages, email to all his e-mail addresses, as well as correspondence. No responses at all, not even an acknowledgement. I know he is getting my messages.  I think something is very strange.

While doing a google search I came across this forum where I saw a thread mentioning his name where someone was accusing him of securities fraud sometime in 2015.   While reading that thread, Tim had posted a post stating that if someone needed help with redeeming their coins they could email him at Tim@titanbtc.com and he would assist.

So I thought that I would join to see if others were having the same issues as me and to see if Tim would actually respond to a PM that I sent out to him earlier today, but as of right now no response.
blucepheus
Copper Member

Activity: 531
Merit: 212

View Profile
November 18, 2021, 06:44:47 AM

Tim has yet to prove that he isn't a fraudster. Very surprised this thread isn't littered with apologies from him, and a much clearer plan for addressing the concern. Not a good sign.
Kryptowerk
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1401

Disobey.

View Profile
November 18, 2021, 12:30:58 PM

Ugh, what a horror-story to read.
First of all, thanks for calling out these issues @ ChiBitCTy !

In the next few days I'll go to my vault and check my Titan coin. Not even 100% sure it was a non-2fa coin. Hopefully not, then next step is to check the firstbits.
That being said, 2fa always seemed like "false extra security" to me. - Sure, you may be protected against someone reading out your private key in any way and directly transfering the BTC, however relying on an external service to access your funds always sounded like a nightmare to me.

Good luck to all affected. Glad to see there was a recent response from TitanBTC. Will keep an eye on this thread.

Get educated about Bitcoin. Check out Andreas Antonopoulos on Youtube. An old but gold talk: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rc744Z9IjhY

Daniel Schmachtenberger on The Meta-Crisis: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kBoLVvoqVY&t=288s One of the most important talks about the current state of this planet. Go check it out.
MoparMiningLLC
aka Stryfe
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 2199

EIN: 82-3893490

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2021, 12:51:39 PM

another thought with the 2fa coins - they don't give you the private key when you redeem it - they send the bitcoin to the address you provide correct?

what happens to the forks? does Titan keep them?

Mine BTC @ kano.is
Offering escrow services https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5154480
All Bitcoin 3D printing needs at CryptoCloaks
Darklight1

View Profile
November 18, 2021, 02:10:26 PM

Tim has yet to prove that he isn't a fraudster. Very surprised this thread isn't littered with apologies from him, and a much clearer plan for addressing the concern. Not a good sign.

Not to nitpick, but how does one prove they’re ‘not’ a scammer? You can’t really prove you’re not anything. One can only prove they are something. Has Tim done anything to definitively prove they’ve scammed anyone? I understand the frustration of people holding 2fa coins that they have trouble redeeming but that in itself doesn’t by default make the person a scammer. Maybe lazy with website/database upkeep sure and poor customer service but that’s a far cry from being fraudulent.

This thread has gotten a little out of hand with people now rushing to peel and destroy their PK Titans just because the 2fA redemption system needs addressing. 
ChiBitCTy (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 18, 2021, 02:41:44 PM
Last edit: November 18, 2021, 05:30:40 PM by ChiBitCTy

Not to nitpick, but how does one prove they’re ‘not’ a scammer? You can’t really prove you’re not anything. One can only prove they are something. Has Tim done anything to definitively prove they’ve scammed anyone? I understand the frustration of people holding 2fa coins that they have trouble redeeming but that in itself doesn’t by default make the person a scammer. Maybe lazy with website/database upkeep sure and poor customer service but that’s a far cry from being fraudulent.

This thread has gotten a little out of hand with people now rushing to peel and destroy their PK Titans just because the 2fA redemption system needs addressing.  

I think what a lot of people are saying is that Titan/Tim can't be trusted any longer.  First off, just look how they've handled this situation (and lack of handling for well over a year now).  Not very professional if you ask me.  Secondly, I've never said Tim/Titan are scammers, just that I would not trust their coins any further.  You've got 7 posts, so I'm not sure how familiar you are with this hobby (or if you're simply using an Alt) but when a coin maker shows major signs of trust issues, it's a big fat red flag that you probably shouldn't trust them...for me it comes down to would I rather sleep better at night knowing my coins are safe on a Trezor or paper wallet, or trust someone who's shown signs of being quite shady.  Simple as that.  I certainly hope this all gets resolved, Tim/Titan regain legitimacy etc, but personally I will never trust their coins going forward, but that's just me.  It's fine if other people want to take on that risk. This hobby in general is risky, and if  you post about these collectibles on say Reddit you will get blasted as we are a small sub-group who even entertains these collectibles at all.  Just the truth.

.Duelbits.
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
ChiBitCTy (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 18, 2021, 05:28:16 PM
Last edit: November 18, 2021, 05:58:04 PM by ChiBitCTy

@Titan/Tim-  If I am reading this correctly, the website can make changes without notice or even be shut down without notice, therefore leaving anyone with 2FA coins who need the site to be live and running properly to redeem their coins out of luck.  Is there any sort of contingency plan if you were to pass away or become incapacitated? These Terms and Conditions of Use seem to be very troubling and set up to where Titan is not required to make sure people are able to redeem their coins legally speaking no matter what/no matter when..

"4. Limitations
In no event shall Titan Mint Inc. or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption,) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on Titan Mint Inc.’s Internet site, even if Titan Mint Inc. or a Titan Mint Inc. authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.

5. Revisions and Errata
The materials appearing on Titan Mint Inc.’s web site could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. Titan Mint Inc. does not warrant that any of the materials on its web site are accurate, complete, or current. Titan Mint Inc. may make changes to the materials contained on its web site at any time without notice. Titan Mint Inc. does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.

6. Links
Titan Mint Inc. has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its Internet web site and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Titan Mint Inc. of the site. Use of any such linked web site is at the user’s own risk.

7. Site Terms of Use Modifications
Titan Mint Inc. may revise these terms of use for its web site at any time without notice. By using this web site you are agreeing to be bound by the then current version of these Terms and Conditions of Use".

-https://www.titanbtc.com/terms-of-use/

.Duelbits.
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Darklight1

View Profile
November 18, 2021, 06:03:40 PM

I think what a lot of people are saying is that Titan/Tim can't be trusted any longer.  First off, just look how they've handled this situation (and lack of handling for well over a year now).  Not very professional if you ask me.  Secondly, I've never said Tim/Titan are scammers, just that I would not trust their coins any further.  You've got 7 posts, so I'm not sure how familiar you are with this hobby (or if you're simply using an Alt) but when a coin maker shows major signs of trust issues, it's a big fat red flag that you probably shouldn't trust them...for me it comes down to would I rather sleep better at night knowing my coins are safe on a Trezor or paper wallet, or trust someone who's shown signs of being quite shady.  Simple as that.  I certainly hope this all gets resolved, Tim/Titan regain legitimacy etc, but personally I will never trust their coins going forward, but that's just me.  It's fine if other people want to take on that risk. This hobby in general is risky, and if  you post about these collectibles on say Reddit you will get blasted as we are a small sub-group who even entertains these collectibles at all.  Just the truth.

I mean that’s fine. I get what you’re saying. I’m only sitting on a single 0.1 Titan atm which is a minuscule % of my entire stack so maybe that’s why I’m in no great hurry to peel. I guess if you had dozens and dozens of coins you may tread more carefully or be in a bit of a panic - however, and I’m not trying to defend or not defend anybody - but I still don’t see this as Tim being “untrustworthy”. Lazy? Maybe. Poorly handled the situation/communication, definitely. I just can’t personally make the connection between what we know for sure and the fear of the PK coins suddenly being compromised. I understand why if you had 2fA coins right now you’d be concerned.

But yeah I see the other side too. If he mucked this up who’s to say the PKs aren’t at risk too? I see that argument I just feel (at this stage) it’s a bit of a leap. Let’s hope I’m right.

(I’ve been around since 2014 this is just a recent account.)
TitanBTC

Activity: 366
Merit: 258

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2021, 06:02:07 PM

I don't like to update before things are fixed, but it is taking longer than I hoped to get the redemption process fixed for ALL coins. We're making progress but we're still working on it this week.  Our work is now being done on a clone of the server/DB so there shouldn't be any downtime until we re-route traffic to the new server.

To answer a couple questions, The website is difficult to maintain because it is:

1. Running on a database that uses multilayer encryption which is fairly unusual
2. Constantly under attack

In the event that maintaining the site becomes untenable, we will be tracking down all owners of unredeemed coins and manually redeeming. 

There's a considerable amount of time that does into redeeming manually, so we're pushing to keep the site going as long as possible, but there is a contingency plan in place.   

I'll update again here when the new server is ready.

WinterParker

Activity: 356
Merit: 250

Dock.io

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2021, 08:26:38 PM

IMO if you own a non-2FA Titan you should peel it sooner than later immediately.  It's been over an entire year with no response, and all we can do is speculate at this point, so it would be wiser to speculate a potential scam and peel rather than be sorry down the road.  One of our fellow collectors is a lawyer and have spoken to them a bit about how to approach all this.  What's even more disturbing at this point, and should be a valuable lesson to all of us, is to read the shit out of a coin makers terms of service/use.  I should know better too, as some of the companies I've done scam write ups about before did the same thing Titan did, and wrote in verbiage that basically states after you buy the coin, if anything goes wrong, or if you plan on the website always being up to redeem the 2FA coins, sorry but fuck you Titan takes absolutely zero responsibility and could shut down services or change them at any time.  - https://www.titanbtc.com/terms-of-use/   The fact that the terms were written up like this shows this dudes character.  If you create a 2FA coin then you better keep up with the website and have a succession plan if you become incapacitated or die.  This is alone is enough to show why these coins should never have a 2FA characteristic like this.  

I do not have anything to lose here, as I have never owned any of these 2FAs, but I'm going to do what I can to try and contact this guy and or figure out how to go about helping out/ obtaining legal council for the group.  I will post updates here.  Please come forward if you own any of these either in this thread or privately via DM if you care about getting your money back. I really hope no one is willing to let this slide..if you own any of these and don't want anyone knowing, maybe there is someone else you trust who could come forward on your behalf or something? Tim needs to be held accountable and working together is the best route to trying to solve all this.  Also I'm sure obtaining a lawyer won't be cheap, so the more people there are, the better that will be for everyone of course (If that's even the best way to approach this).

Do we have any idea at all how many were sold?  I know that he refused to release final mintages\addresses..which also is another red flag.

So please chime in if you can help, if you have any ideas, if you're a lawyer and can provide some assistance etc.  These may not be that big of a deal to some of the millionaires here who collect, but they certainly are for plenty of other people so please keep that in mind here.  The more who come forward the better it will be for everyone.  ( I'm sure a decent amount sold to hands who will never see this post..I'm hopeful we can get this fixed so when they go to redeem down the road to buy a car, or put a house payment down or whatever, that they'll be able so.  SMH.

I didn't realize he had a profile here... a neg left Jan 2019, and even one back in 2015.  Has anyone here, or know of anyone who's successfully redeemed a 2FA ever?

Yes,  I redeemed a silver 1 BTC coin back in 2017 using 2fa.  So it worked back then.  I feel for you guys.  I had two -  I redeemed one in 2017 and sold the other in 2018.  Hopefully that person redeemed or he is prob screwed as well.  I hope you find a resolution to this. 

▀ ▀ ▀▀▀
                 ▄█▄
         ▄▄      ███
         ▀██▄    ███
      ▄▄▄▄▄███▄  ███
   ▄███████████▀ ███
 ▄███▀    ▄██▀   ███
▄███     ██▀     ███
███              ███
███              ███
███▄            ▄███
 ███▄          ▄███
  ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
    ▀▀████████▀

██                            ██               ▄▄
          ██                            ██               ▀▀
          ██                            ██     ▄▄
  ▄██████▄██    ▄██████▄      ▄██████▄  ██   ▄██▀        ██    ▄██████▄
▄██▀    ▀███  ▄██▀    ▀██▄  ▄██▀    ▀▀  ██ ▄██▀          ██  ▄██▀    ▀██▄
██        ██  ██        ██  ██          █████▄           ██  ██        ██
██        ██  ██        ██  ██          ██▀▀██▄          ██  ██        ██
▀██▄    ▄██▀  ▀██▄    ▄██▀  ▀██▄    ▄▄  ██   ▀██▄   ▄▄▄  ██  ▀██▄    ▄██▀
  ▀██████▀      ▀██████▀      ▀██████▀  ██     ▀██  ███  ██    ▀██████▀

▬▬   WHITEPAPER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
FACEBOOK        TWITTER        TELEGRAM
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN THREAD   ▬▬

Agrawas

Activity: 1736
Merit: 501

https://rollbit.com/referral/Agrawas

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2021, 09:54:28 PM
Merited by ChiBitCTy (1)

In the event that maintaining the site becomes untenable, we will be tracking down all owners of unredeemed coins and manually redeeming. 

So no incentive for people holding the coins for that long due to your incompetency? what if someone comes around after a year, will u still be around to answer questions or will you be MIA like u were for the past couple of yrs..

(FYI - I don't own any titan anymore and redeemed one of my last ones recently at a loss because of the incompetency and unreliability of the maker)

ChiBitCTy (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 23, 2021, 11:50:00 PM
Last edit: November 24, 2021, 03:11:01 PM by ChiBitCTy

I don't like to update before things are fixed, but it is taking longer than I hoped to get the redemption process fixed for ALL coins. We're making progress but we're still working on it this week.  Our work is now being done on a clone of the server/DB so there shouldn't be any downtime until we re-route traffic to the new server.

To answer a couple questions, The website is difficult to maintain because it is:

1. Running on a database that uses multilayer encryption which is fairly unusual
2. Constantly under attack

There's a considerable amount of time that does into redeeming manually, so we're pushing to keep the site going as long as possible, but there is a contingency plan in place.    

I'll update again here when the new server is ready.

1) Are BTC keys encrypted in the multi layer encryption database ? (Only accessed when the 2FA redemption occurs because inaccessible otherwise, so then the transaction to the destination address is made automatically)

2) Does Titan makes the funding manually after a 2FA coin has been redeemed ?

.Duelbits.
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
MoparMiningLLC
aka Stryfe
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 2199

EIN: 82-3893490

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2021, 12:39:01 AM

as some of these may be pre-fork titans - who gets the forks once the coin is redeemed?

Mine BTC @ kano.is
Offering escrow services https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5154480
All Bitcoin 3D printing needs at CryptoCloaks
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  

Jump to: