Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 06:51:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Question about Lealana 5 Monero  (Read 114 times)
Cryptogreatdane (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 984
Merit: 407

View Profile
November 07, 2021, 10:33:27 PM

Hi,
   I've been contemplating buying a Lealana 5 Monero slabbed from a private dealer. However, I'm concerned because its so difficult (or impossible) to verify the funded value. Most likely this coin would never be peeled, but the inherent value of the coin lies in being able to prove the Monero is indeed on there. Am I missing something? Is there an easy way to figure this out? Help, please.
2stout

Activity: 2366
Merit: 586

View Profile
November 07, 2021, 10:42:09 PM

Hi,
   I've been contemplating buying a Lealana 5 Monero slabbed from a private dealer. However, I'm concerned because its so difficult (or impossible) to verify the funded value. Most likely this coin would never be peeled, but the inherent value of the coin lies in being able to prove the Monero is indeed on there. Am I missing something? Is there an easy way to figure this out? Help, please.

Does the private dealer have the View Key and Addresses?  This would have been provided by Smoothie with delivery.  With this info, you should be able to verify funding here:  https://xmrchain.net/

-2stout
Eclipse33
Copper Member

Activity: 961
Merit: 418

Eclipse© Experimental Cryptographic Technology

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2021, 11:34:36 PM

What is strange is that smoothie never included the specific coin number to reference with a specific address, just a list of 20 addresses.

So let's say someone buys a roll with 20 coins, you get 20 addresses but no matching number for the specific coins to addresses.

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███

███

███

███

███
Eclipse
)███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███

███

███

███

███
   MARKETPLACE
▀   TELEGRAM
   TWITTER
▀   INSTAGRAM
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███

███

███

███

███
███▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀█▀█████▄
▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
███████████▀█████▄▄
██████████████████████▄
▀████████████████████▀██
██████▄█▄██████████▀█████
███▀▀████████▀█▀███████
██████████████▄███▄██████
████████████████▄███████
██████████▀███████████▀
████████████▀▀█████▀▀
| BTC |
| XMR |
ACCEPTED
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███

███

███

███

███
[/quote]
Spokanistan51

Activity: 1726
Merit: 190

X/Twitter @MarkD_509 ; Facebook: @509bitcointrader

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2021, 11:53:02 PM

There is a forum member Owlcatz I always lean on for XMR advice.

X/Twitter: @MarkD_509
Facebook: www.facebook.com/509bitcointrader
Cryptogreatdane (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
November 08, 2021, 01:25:54 AM

Hi,

Does the private dealer have the View Key and Addresses?  This would have been provided by Smoothie with delivery.  With this info, you should be able to verify funding here:  https://xmrchain.net/

-2stout
Thanks for the info. im going to look into it and see if he has this.
Cryptogreatdane (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
November 08, 2021, 01:26:54 AM

There is a forum member Owlcatz I always lean on for XMR advice.
OK, thanks. Turn on the Owlcatz bat signal
owlcatz
Legendary

Activity: 3640
Merit: 1968

View Profile
November 08, 2021, 01:33:17 AM
Last edit: November 08, 2021, 02:10:36 AM by owlcatz

Hi,

Hi - Generally speaking, you can trust the loaded value is on the coin even without docs, and peeling is also possible without the view key or docs.

What is the coin's number, I purchased quite a few rolls and still have the view keys for all of them , even the ones I sold.

What is strange is that smoothie never included the specific coin number to reference with a specific address, just a list of 20 addresses.

So let's say someone buys a roll with 20 coins, you get 20 addresses but no matching number for the specific coins to addresses.

That has never been the case with me for any funded XMR coins - Maybe with Bitcoin buyer funded or something, but NEVER with XMR coins - You ALWAYS get the PGP/GPG signed list of coins with all coin numbers, their addresses, and view keys for every coin in the roll.. If you did not get that, you either forgot to ask, and/or smoothie forgot to give it to you. In that case, I'd reach out to him for it, as it's part of the deal, a text file PGP signed with all the coin's signatures, addresses, and view keys. 

Thanks!

- owl

I  C  Λ  R  U  S
██████████
██████▀▀▀██
████▀█████▀█
██████████
██████████
█████████████
░▄████
█████████████
███████████████████