Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 12:47:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcointalk.com what is it?  (Read 301 times)
cabron

Activity: 2856
Merit: 603

https://www.betcoin.ag

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2021, 05:47:20 AM

They were educated enough to use the dot org top-level domain, but not smart enough to register those few (.com, .net) which would definitely manipulate the users if the project ever succeeded? Struggling to accept this.

It was all about making the world better again...
If I ever come up with a mind blowing idea to free human race and the plan is to give it away to anyone interested I wouldn't HODL all the other TLDs just for the sake of it. Where is the decentralization if I own them all ?  Cheesy  .Practice what you preach I guess...

If it was meant for business I think they are going to buy all the extensions needed for them to not get attacked by phishing sites. Or maybe the cryptographers are not just into webmaster's and domain business. They are coders and close to being geeks which at the beginning may have little idea about the economic effect of Bitcoin. All they want is to have some board to discuss on which is documented online.

And that's about all you need to know about the other site--and I've been fooled into entering my login information there once or twice when I've forgotten that this site has the .org extension instead of .com.  Luckily I was able to change my password quickly enough such that I didn't get hacked.
Knowing how sophisticated hackers and scammers can be, I take the extra measure of always bookmarking every interesting site I visit or put them on phone's homepage. It's not just enough checking the url for that extra "s" in http. Hackers don't even go that route anymore, they look for slight variations elsewhere. Since I stumbled on this forum in 2017 through CMC while searching for Bitcoin articles, I haven't even typed the url myself elsewhere. I usually copy and paste even if I'm sending it to someone else or using it on another device. Glad you took a reverse action of changing your password. Though I ain't sure it's a phishing site. And like you rightly observed, we haven't heard sobbing stories of phishing hacks from it. So, I think the site is harmless.

Bookmarking works better. Bitcointalk.org I believe was hacked before, I'm probably not around yet but they do recommend resetting passwords every now and then.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: