Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 12:14:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [AUCTION] Casascius coin, 1 BTC, loaded AUCTION ENDED  (Read 594 times)
selassiesoildier
Copper Member

Activity: 674
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 13, 2021, 06:23:20 PM

...as a trial for this as a marketplace for these, it was a costly lesson but at least I can be fairly confident this board no longer has the reach (in terms of proportion of potential buyers) that it used to and seems to be mainly dealers who pay 'trade' prices.

Had this gone well, the next on the list would have been the first of the Cas silver-gilt tens but I won't risk a repeat of this disappointment x10 and will now need to thoroughly research other options.

It has been funny coming back here after the years away (after Theymos's many shenanigans and the blocksize malarkey) and kind-of apt that it has ended with disillusionment again. Ah well, such is life. Wishing you all the best.tf

For what it's worth, selling here on forum has become a struggle due to the amount of scams and fuckery that go on here..... I can see why people are hesitant to bid.
On the converse, places like Scarce City have been killing it in terms of premium.
Previously a few varied year Cas coins have gone for 1.4BTC and 1.8BTC

While this is somewhat true for cas brass coins here on the forum (silver and gilt don’t come up much recently)
The recent crypto imperator auctions have been causing quite a stir with premiums 5-7x the load.
Something tells me as these coins consolidate into stronger and stronger hands, it’s going to take larger premiums to shake them out. Every day a coin is and can be peeled; after peeled, there is no turning back

Sel
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: