Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 01:20:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 [70] 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 ... 127 »
  Print  
Author Topic: A Resource Based Economy  (Read 288301 times)
Crypt_Current

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Shame on everything; regret nothing.

View Profile
November 08, 2012, 07:26:39 PM

Creativity ~= unpredictability.

The last thing we need is a "creative" computer system running the world.

I don't fully agree with that definition, but going with it for argument's sake:
Predictable or not (assuming we mean "predictable" here as "predictable by humans" [arrogant IMO]), if the ruling class (in this case sentient machines) is actually smarter, more powerful, and more able to rule the world than humans, than humans simply have no say anymore.  It would not matter if the ruling computer system came to the (much processed) conclusion that humanity should be eradicated -- it would be a good and correct decision, because the smartest most powerful class of intelligence in existence has deemed it so.
So it also doesn't matter to a wolf when humans decide that a wolf-less world is better for them?

You're asuming humans are more inteligent than wolves, but that is not true.

Heh,. maybe not, but we can be intelligent in way more ways!
That is what makes human brains different from other mammals brains.

There is only one right way, and it's quite certain that ones who know way more ways will distract themselves with wrong ones.

You obviously haven't solved many practical problems...

Random trivial problems are just that.  But we are talking about the ultimate problem of the universe's existence, something along the lines of ultimate purpose.  And there may be many purposes for the universe's existence along the way, but ultimately when infinity is actualized, it will only happen that once and in one way, and this way will necessarily be correct.

10% off at CampBX for LIFE:  https://campbx.com/main.php?r=C9a5izBQ5vq  ----  Authorized BitVoucher MEGA reseller (& BTC donations appreciated):  https://bitvoucher.co/affl/1HkvK8o8WWDpCTSQGnek7DH9gT1LWeV5s3/
LTC:  LRL6vb6XBRrEEifB73DiEiYZ9vbRy99H41  NMC:  NGb2spdTGpWj8THCPyCainaXenwDhAW1ZT

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
myrkul

Activity: 532

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2012, 07:28:25 PM

But we are talking about the ultimate problem of the universe's existence, something along the lines of ultimate purpose.  And there may be many purposes for the universe's existence along the way, but ultimately when infinity is actualized, it will only happen that once and in one way, and this way will necessarily be correct.

You live in Colorado, don't you? Wink

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
Crypt_Current

View Profile
November 08, 2012, 07:31:00 PM

I don't fully agree with that definition, but going with it for argument's sake:
Predictable or not (assuming we mean "predictable" here as "predictable by humans" [arrogant IMO]), if the ruling class (in this case sentient machines) is actually smarter, more powerful, and more able to rule the world than humans, than humans simply have no say anymore.  It would not matter if the ruling computer system came to the (much processed) conclusion that humanity should be eradicated -- it would be a good and correct decision, because the smartest most powerful class of intelligence in existence has deemed it so.
So it also doesn't matter to a wolf when humans decide that a wolf-less world is better for them?
And that justifies the humans killing all the wolfs? Because, you know, they are more intelligent?
Great way forward!
 Embarrassed

You make the error of thinking that something that exceeds humans evolutionary development would not be selfish.
You also make the error of thinking that having a human-like intelligence regulating society is optimal.

I don't think we need a human-like AI at all but if you insist you still have a problem in that it will have its own ideas of what is good or bad that don't stroke well with what humans think is good or bad. That is what human-like intelligence is all about.

I don't recall making the errors you listed, and I would be happy to re-examine that if you could point me toward them
We as humans eradicate pests all the time.  We have deemed wolves as non pests.  I think a higher form of life might deem us similarly.

10% off at CampBX for LIFE:  https://campbx.com/main.php?r=C9a5izBQ5vq  ----  Authorized BitVoucher MEGA reseller (& BTC donations appreciated):  https://bitvoucher.co/affl/1HkvK8o8WWDpCTSQGnek7DH9gT1LWeV5s3/
LTC:  LRL6vb6XBRrEEifB73DiEiYZ9vbRy99H41  NMC:  NGb2spdTGpWj8THCPyCainaXenwDhAW1ZT
Crypt_Current

View Profile
November 08, 2012, 07:31:48 PM

But we are talking about the ultimate problem of the universe's existence, something along the lines of ultimate purpose.  And there may be many purposes for the universe's existence along the way, but ultimately when infinity is actualized, it will only happen that once and in one way, and this way will necessarily be correct.

You have an obsession with marijuana culture, don't you?

But no, I don't.

myrkul

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2012, 07:35:38 PM

No, but I recognize the ramblings of a stoned-stupid mind.

No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
Crypt_Current

View Profile
November 08, 2012, 07:37:39 PM

No, but I recognize the ramblings of a stoned-stupid mind.

How so?

myrkul

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2012, 07:45:26 PM

[How so?

I've heard stuff like this before, from people baked out of their minds:

That is how I recognize it.

mobodick

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 08, 2012, 07:47:56 PM

You're asuming humans are more inteligent than wolves, but that is not true.

Heh,. maybe not, but we can be intelligent in way more ways!
That is what makes human brains different from other mammals brains.

There is only one right way, and it's quite certain that ones who know way more ways will distract themselves with wrong ones.

You obviously haven't solved many practical problems...

Random trivial problems are just that.  But we are talking about the ultimate problem of the universe's existence, something along the lines of ultimate purpose.  And there may be many purposes for the universe's existence along the way, but ultimately when infinity is actualized, it will only happen that once and in one way, and this way will necessarily be correct.

The universe has no problems with existing.
Finding a purpose is something invented by humans for humans.
And if there are, as you say, many purposes for the universes existance then we would not know anything about it. Considering it from our perspective is simply ridiculous.

Purpose implies intention so i'm eager to know what it is inside (or outside) the universe that has these intentions of reaching a goal. I want to bet these things are your own searches for goals and purpose that you project on the universe as a whole. Don't worry tho, that's a human trait. Smiley

We haven't got a clue whether infinity exists and even then calling the outcome correct is silly as since it is the only outcome there is nothing to compare it to.
Correct according to itself?
Something can only be called correct in context.
Crypt_Current

View Profile
November 08, 2012, 07:53:40 PM

Do you think maybe ZGers or Omega Point Theorists smoke too much pot?   Cheesy  Wink

myrkul

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2012, 07:59:41 PM

Do you think maybe ZGers or Omega Point Theorists smoke too much pot?   Cheesy  Wink
I wouldn't rule it out.

mobodick

View Profile
November 08, 2012, 08:13:39 PM

And that justifies the humans killing all the wolfs? Because, you know, they are more intelligent?
Great way forward!
 Embarrassed

You make the error of thinking that something that exceeds humans evolutionary development would not be selfish.
You also make the error of thinking that having a human-like intelligence regulating society is optimal.

I don't think we need a human-like AI at all but if you insist you still have a problem in that it will have its own ideas of what is good or bad that don't stroke well with what humans think is good or bad. That is what human-like intelligence is all about.

I don't recall making the errors you listed, and I would be happy to re-examine that if you could point me toward them
We as humans eradicate pests all the time.  We have deemed wolves as non pests.  I think a higher form of life might deem us similarly.

Well, let me remind you Smiley :
"It would not matter if the ruling computer system came to the (much processed) conclusion that humanity should be eradicated -- it would be a good and correct decision, because the smartest most powerful class of intelligence in existence has deemed it so."

First error is assuming that what this ruling class of most powerfull intelligence tells you is good (for them) is also good for you.
In reality these kinds of questions cannot be generalized.
I could now again ask if you think it is good or correct to the wolf that humans found it good to kill them off.

Second of all, you seem to imply that these super duper ultra intelligent AIs would be better at regulating society than something with less intelligence.
This is not true. Regulating a process requires only enough 'intelligence' to regulate the process. No need for systems that start to think for themselfs.

The assumption that higher/better intelligence is the way to achieve a well balanced human society is simply false. Actually we don't need these AIs at all because we could allready play nice and divide the resources if we wanted. But humans don't like to play nice an the AI thing is just an excuse to make people listen because, you know,allmighty computers says no. It's a bullshit excuse for the fact that society needs structure as we already have the answer. We need to consume less as a species or we will break everything. That is the simple truth that is hidden by RBE stuff.
The real problem, and why i think RBE is complete bullshit, is how to get people to listen to someone (or something) telling them they need to change their behaviour because that is more efficient.
Or, and i just like to repeat it, how will you get Putin to give up his resources?

Crypt_Current

View Profile
November 08, 2012, 08:22:46 PM

The assumption that higher/better intelligence is the way to achieve a well balanced human society is simply false. Actually we don't need these AIs at all because we could already play nice and divide the resources. But humans don't like to play nice an the AI thing is just an excuse to make people listen because, you know,allmighty computers says no. It's a bullshit excuse for the fact that society needs structure as we already have the answer. We need to consume less as a species or we will break everything. That is the simple truth that is hidden by RBE stuff.

Thank you.  Agreed.  People DO need to consume WAY less.  I personally live on less than $5000 / year.
We have successfully completely debunked the RBE paradigm and pulled the rug out from under ZG's feet.

The real problem, and why i think RBE is complete bullshit, is how to get people to listen to someone (or something) telling them they need to change their behaviour because that is more efficient.
Or, and i just like to repeat it, how will you get Putin to give up his resources?

Psyops combined with making sure your technology is as current as theirs?

myrkul

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2012, 08:28:55 PM

So... you'd steal it?

Crypt_Current

View Profile
November 08, 2012, 08:32:29 PM

So... you'd steal it?

No.  They will give it up.

ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2012, 08:32:39 PM

So... you'd steal it?

Actually that would be defrauding it.
mobodick

View Profile
November 08, 2012, 08:40:16 PM

The assumption that higher/better intelligence is the way to achieve a well balanced human society is simply false. Actually we don't need these AIs at all because we could already play nice and divide the resources. But humans don't like to play nice an the AI thing is just an excuse to make people listen because, you know,allmighty computers says no. It's a bullshit excuse for the fact that society needs structure as we already have the answer. We need to consume less as a species or we will break everything. That is the simple truth that is hidden by RBE stuff.

Thank you.  Agreed.  People DO need to consume WAY less.  I personally live on less than $5000 / year.
We have successfully completely debunked the RBE paradigm and pulled the rug out from under ZG's feet.

Hehe.,
But it's not about technology at all, it's about the fact that they are willing to protect their resources with their lifes. As i said, a social problem that can only be solved with subduction, in whatever way. You know the drill, agression, propaganda, genetic selection... The usual methods of getting yer things done.
So in some ways i would even go as far as saying RMB requires some form of fascism to become reality.
It needs a way to coerce people into cooperation otherwise people just won't cooperate.

But i think that the bigger this consumption problem becomes the more people will be willing to change.
The change just won't be RBE but something that more naturally fits our way of living and won't have the same dramatic consequences that a change to RBE would have.
myrkul

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2012, 08:45:58 PM

But i think that the bigger this consumption problem becomes the more people will be willing to change.
The change just won't be RBE but something that more naturally fits our way of living and won't have the same dramatic consequences that a change to RBE would have.

Market economy. Once people start paying the REAL price of things, that should take care of it.

mobodick

View Profile
November 08, 2012, 09:02:41 PM

Market economy. Once people start paying the REAL price of things, that should take care of it.

I think if you let the market play out from supply to demand you would already be too late.
It would be a brutal transaction.
One of the problems is that it is indeed the future generations that will be presented with the bill if you play it through the market.
molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
November 08, 2012, 09:15:16 PM

yes, exactly. and sound money.

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
myrkul

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2012, 09:26:50 PM

I think if you let the market play out from supply to demand you would already be too late.
It would be a brutal transaction.
One of the problems is that it is indeed the future generations that will be presented with the bill if you play it through the market.

The future generations are already being presented with the bill. Any delay in beginning to pay it only raises the eventual cost.

It's already too late no matter what we do.

Pages: « 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 [70] 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 ... 127 »
  Print  

Jump to: