Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 08:23:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Laptop for gaming purposes?  (Read 11500 times)
JohnBitCo

Activity: 2030
Merit: 356

View Profile
March 28, 2021, 05:21:39 AM

I bought one last year, ASUS brand. Not because I'm gamer, rather the opposite.
Gaming laptops are great for their power and portability so you can buy it once and have it for a few years and you'll still be able to run heavy software. That's why I've bought mine.
Nothing fancy, just an i5 and a GTX 1080 with 16gb RAM. Point is that if you're the kind of person that travels for work or is constantly on the move, you should do a one time investment and get a gaming laptop.

These days all the new laptops generally equipped with enough ram and hard disk space for all type of use and you can play games on them too. However if you need to play very heavy graphics intensive games, then you should focus on a laptop which have a high end graphics card with a lot of ram. I have an HP laptop with a builtin graphics card which is enough for playing games like PUBG.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
JJJJames

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 28, 2021, 03:15:16 PM

I currently use and Erazer p17815 (sister company to lenovo)

never had any issues even when OBS is running with games such as APEX
big_octopus

Activity: 37

View Profile
March 30, 2021, 02:31:00 PM

Almost any laptop is suitable for these games. But for many other games it is better to use a PC after all. It will be cheaper, more productive, etc.
JJJJames

View Profile
March 31, 2021, 05:44:40 PM

Almost any laptop is suitable for these games. But for many other games it is better to use a PC after all. It will be cheaper, more productive, etc.
Some people don't have the space, however I think you are correct and even if you needed a day to day laptop you could probably get both for the price of a modern day gaming laptop
Mauser

Activity: 1778
Merit: 528

View Profile
March 31, 2021, 09:07:28 PM

Some people don't have the space, however I think you are correct and even if you needed a day to day laptop you could probably get both for the price of a modern day gaming laptop

I have made bad experiences with gaming Latops, they either got very hot after a few month or just broke down completely. In my opinion if you have the space better go for a desktop PC. PCs these days are fairly small and much cheaper than a gaming Laptop. If you get a Mini Tower and put the Monitor on top it takes only a little bit of space away. The wireless Mouse and Keyboard you can just store away in a cupboard after using it. Or if you want to save money you just play over your TV and don't even buy a Monitor.

▄██████████████
███████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀░
███████████▀▄░█
██████████░███░
███████▀▀░▀▀█▀▀
█████▀░░░░░░░▀▄
█████░░░░░░░░░█
█████▄░░░░░░░▄▀
███████▄▄▄▄▄███
███████████████
▀██████████████
▄██████████████
███████████████
████████████▀██
█████████▀▀░░░▀
████████░░░░░░░
██████░░░░░░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░
██████▄░░░░▄▄▄░
█████████▀▀░░░▀
████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████████████
▀██████████████
▄██████████████
███████████████
██████████▀▀▀▀▀
███████▀░▀█▄░░░
██████░░░░░█▄░▄
█████░░▄▄▄▄▄██▀
█████▀▀▀░░░░▄█▄
█████░░░▄▄█▀▀░█
██████▄█▀▀░░░░▀
███████▄▄░░░░░░
██████████▄▄▄▄▄
███████████████
▀██████████████
▄████████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
█████████████░████████████
████████████▀▄████████████
█████▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀█████
████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀████
████░░░██░██░░░░█░░░░░████
████░░░▄▄▀▄▄░░▀▀▄▀▀░░░████
████▄░░▀▀░▀▀░░░░▀░░░░▄████
█████▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█████
▀████████████████████████▀

The Avatars: (Pick one)
JJJJames

View Profile
March 31, 2021, 11:32:57 PM

I have made bad experiences with gaming Latops, they either got very hot after a few month or just broke down completely. In my opinion if you have the space better go for a desktop PC. PCs these days are fairly small and much cheaper than a gaming Laptop. If you get a Mini Tower and put the Monitor on top it takes only a little bit of space away. The wireless Mouse and Keyboard you can just store away in a cupboard after using it. Or if you want to save money you just play over your TV and don't even buy a Monitor.

So funny you should say this, my hand started tingling earlier and I couldn't figure out why for ages. I realised it was the fan kicking out the hot air on the side of my laptop burning my hand, I now have a rash.

It's so strange because it's the first time it's ever happened. but yeah PSA be careful!
Robinson66

Activity: 140
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 02, 2021, 03:51:42 AM

I personally feel that playing games on a laptop is not very fun, but it is more comfortable to play on a desktop computer.
Mauser

Activity: 1778
Merit: 528

View Profile
August 24, 2021, 05:59:23 PM

I wouldn't advise buying a laptop for gaming. Yes, it has a significant advantage since it's portable, but wouldn't it be better to invest in a larger monitor with a better resolution? It just makes the whole gaming experience so much better when you can see everything well. Also, it will last you longer than most laptops will since gaming takes up so much of your battery's life.

I agree, if you are going for high end games than a gaming laptop won't be enough for you. Playing on the highest graphic settings require a really high end PC. Just take a look at the current newest generation of graphic cards. The size of them is huge, they don't fit in a laptop or even one of the older PCs, you need a new PC tower to fit them in. Another good thing for owning a desktop PC instead of a laptop is that you can easily exchange components if you need to.

▄██████████████
███████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀░
███████████▀▄░█
██████████░███░
███████▀▀░▀▀█▀▀
█████▀░░░░░░░▀▄
█████░░░░░░░░░█
█████▄░░░░░░░▄▀
███████▄▄▄▄▄███
███████████████
▀██████████████
▄██████████████
███████████████
████████████▀██
█████████▀▀░░░▀
████████░░░░░░░
██████░░░░░░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░
██████▄░░░░▄▄▄░
█████████▀▀░░░▀
████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████████████
▀██████████████
▄██████████████
███████████████
██████████▀▀▀▀▀
███████▀░▀█▄░░░
██████░░░░░█▄░▄
█████░░▄▄▄▄▄██▀
█████▀▀▀░░░░▄█▄
█████░░░▄▄█▀▀░█
██████▄█▀▀░░░░▀
███████▄▄░░░░░░
██████████▄▄▄▄▄
███████████████
▀██████████████
▄████████████████████████▄
█████████████░████████████
████████████▀▄████████████
█████▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀█████
████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀████
████░░░██░██░░░░█░░░░░████
████░░░▄▄▀▄▄░░▀▀▄▀▀░░░████
████▄░░▀▀░▀▀░░░░▀░░░░▄████
█████▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█████
▀████████████████████████▀

The Avatars: (Pick one)
Xinarae*

Activity: 1414
Merit: 326

View Profile
August 25, 2021, 04:19:21 AM

PCs are better than laptops for gaming purposes most comfortable on pc than laptop. With a high quality motherboard more usb ports graphics cards a desktop rich in high quality power supply you can do professional work very easily which will make your gaming feel interesting gaming monitors can be an added benefit for you. Desktops are very efficient for maintaining longterm performance also currently available in good quality all in one pc if you are not thinking of a portable laptop then choosing a desktop may be right for you.
Chato1977

Activity: 1148
Merit: 58

View Profile
August 25, 2021, 04:45:43 AM

I personally feel that playing games on a laptop is not very fun, but it is more comfortable to play on a desktop computer.
Lol what is on pc that cannot be done in laptop?

if you are talking like the comfort then Put the laptop in table, put separate Mouse and Keyboard then that is already a desk type computer.
bitterguy28

Activity: 1988
Merit: 175

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2021, 10:49:30 AM

Any suggestion whats the best laptop for gaming purposes like dota 2/Cs go
Even intelcore 5 can be used to play dota , though this post is from 2017 when I believe that i5 is still high End laptop .
But nowadays this is very cheap and you can even Purchase 100-200$ and that's good already .
Always Personal Computer is the best for gaming , But now there are Laptops that really created for Games though they are so much expensive .

boyptc

Activity: 2982
Merit: 677

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
August 26, 2021, 08:14:02 AM

PCs are better than laptops for gaming purposes most comfortable on pc than laptop. With a high quality motherboard more usb ports graphics cards a desktop rich in high quality power supply you can do professional work very easily which will make your gaming feel interesting gaming monitors can be an added benefit for you. Desktops are very efficient for maintaining longterm performance also currently available in good quality all in one pc if you are not thinking of a portable laptop then choosing a desktop may be right for you.
That's true about PCs.

But if someone is likely going from point a to point b most of the time, he just can't bring his desktop most of the time. That's why it's a situational thing to bring laptop always with you.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Saif33

Activity: 115

View Profile
August 28, 2021, 10:55:21 AM

You can play games online with the current smartphones but I think I can suggest you if you play games on laptop or desktop especially if you play games on laptops then you can play games very conveniently and if you want each separately  You can use the device to play games, so you must be very good at playing games on a laptop, and more fun than that. If you use a desktop, you must have an internet connection to play a game.  I think if you need an internet connection, you can play games on a laptop. You can easily play online games. You can get a good feeling here. You can play games together with everyone here.
perLay3r

Activity: 26

View Profile
October 03, 2021, 08:24:48 PM

both games are proccesor focused , so get a laptop with a decent proccesor and a mid type video card and you will be good
eastactivist

Activity: 28

View Profile
November 18, 2021, 07:46:23 PM

Any suggestion whats the best laptop for gaming purposes like dota 2/Cs go

Hp models over intel core i3 are great for low games.
_optimus_

Activity: 5

View Profile
November 25, 2021, 07:33:39 AM

As a suggestion for what parameters you should look up to ill just give you an example of the minimum you should have.I play sc/go for quite a bit of time.

GPU: NVIDIA GeFroce GT630 or  higher class
RAM: 2GB
Directx at elast version 9.0
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13]  All
  Print  

Jump to: