Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 01:43:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Easiest way to acquire Bitcoins?  (Read 4045 times)
thisguy (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 05, 2011, 03:14:46 AM

Hello!

I am new to these forums and have done a bit of bitcoin information gathering, but I was wondering: If someone were to have cash on hand what would be the quickest way to converting the cash to bitcoins? Currently I am using Dwolla to link a bank account but the whole process takes about 3 days just to get cash from my bank to Dwolla.

Any tips for a newbie? Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
arfeniel

Activity: 22

View Profile
December 05, 2011, 03:23:40 AM

I know paxum now accept credit card to fund account but they charge a 4.95% + $0.50 fee.
You may want to try http://www.tradebitcoin.com/. It will, as they put it, help you "find local Bitcoin traders in your area".

Hope this help.

Cheers!
RyNinDaCleM
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1009

Legen -wait for it- dary

View Profile
December 05, 2011, 03:56:27 AM

Dwolla... so you must be heading for Gox? You can deposit cash at any Chase bank. I believe funds are supposed to be available in an hour or so after deposit, though it may be 24hrs, in either case it's still faster. You'll still have to use Dwolla for withdrawal.

bigmofog

Activity: 7

View Profile
December 05, 2011, 06:20:14 AM

I've been using dwolla too, and my experience has usually been that 3 full business days is rarely the reality.

my experience is that:  regardless of what time you post, the transaction does not even "begin" until the following day, even if you do so well within banking hours on the east coast (say no later thn 12:30 PM Pacific time).

starting THE NEXT DAY, you count 3 days:  day 1 you post... day 2 is "1,"  day 3 is "2," day 4 is "3" and then sometimes that day by 5 PM central time it will show up.

I have had at least 3 transactions where day 5 is "4" and the money shows up, but those are typically when I post the transaction at a time when the weekend is going to slow things down.

but yeah I think your best bet is a walk-in deposit.  I have never tried the money order postal schemes.  Theoretically they SHOULD be faster, because Dwolla or whomever has your MO, which is "money in the bank" so to speak.  its not counterfeit, its not a check that might bounce, and its not a possible depleted gift-card.  its legit cash.
Those "cash" services like Bitcoin4cash and Bitcoin2cash were sooooooo attractive until I found out that B4cash is dead/gone/disappeared, and that when he WAS operating, it took fucking WEEKS.   Someone needs to figure out a service that can be dealt with super quick.... like in 1 day.  We need a super quick exchange, a super quick anonymizer (bitcoinfog takes like 12 hours minimum) ,  and then we are set baby!
BurtW
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1130

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2011, 06:43:55 AM

If you already have a Mt Gox account you can usually buy BTC coupons instantly with PayPal or credit card at http://www.mrcoins.org - and you will pay a bit more to get them instantly.  But I just went there and he is out of stock at the moment.  Sent him a PM to see what's up.

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
Electrongolf

Activity: 139
Merit: 100

What's Your Gig?

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2011, 10:27:48 PM

Another easy way to get Bitcoins, other than buying them, is to offer a product or service. It may be even faster than waiting for the transaction to go through Mt. Gox.

Offering a service also helps to stimulate the BTC economy.

BurtW
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1130

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2011, 12:13:06 AM

Starting today you can buy BTC directly with a credit card, see https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=53803.0

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
coin_toss

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 09, 2011, 09:50:45 AM

Cryptoxchange also lets you buy bitcoins via local bank deposit, or even internet banking transfer - doesn't get much easier than that.
evoorhees
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1021

Democracy is the original 51% attack

View Profile
December 10, 2011, 06:20:33 PM

Cryptoxchange also lets you buy bitcoins via local bank deposit, or even internet banking transfer - doesn't get much easier than that.

+1 CryptoXChange.com.  Deposit cash at Bank of America, appears in your Crypto account within 24-48 hrs.
terrytibbs

Activity: 560
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 10, 2011, 06:22:57 PM

+1 CryptoXChange.com.  Deposit cash at Bank of America, appears in your Crypto account within 24-48 hrs.
Are you associated with CryptoXChange, Eric? I see you posting about them practically everywhere.
terrytibbs

Activity: 560
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 10, 2011, 06:28:32 PM

Are you associated with CryptoXChange, Eric? I see you posting about them practically everywhere.
On second thought, I think you spell your name "Erik".

Sorry, Erik!
evoorhees
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1021

Democracy is the original 51% attack

View Profile
December 10, 2011, 07:17:41 PM

I am indeed - I met the owner (Ken) several weeks back and was really impressed by what they were building, so I'm running communications and marketing now for Crypto. And yes it's Erik with a K Smiley
bitcoinbear

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 11, 2011, 12:11:40 PM

Hello!

I am new to these forums and have done a bit of bitcoin information gathering, but I was wondering: If someone were to have cash on hand what would be the quickest way to converting the cash to bitcoins? Currently I am using Dwolla to link a bank account but the whole process takes about 3 days just to get cash from my bank to Dwolla.

Any tips for a newbie? Smiley

The quickest way to exchange cash to bitcoins is find somebody near you with bitcoins and hand them your cash.

CryptoNote needs you! Join the elite merged mining forces right now here in Fantomcoin topic: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=598823.0
SLVR4ME

Activity: 120
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 22, 2011, 03:26:15 PM

I will def checkout CryptoXchange. We need more seemless apps and sites to make the bitcoin community grow. Knowledge is power
Iceman423

Activity: 9

View Profile
December 23, 2011, 01:55:20 AM

where?
BTCurious

Activity: 714
Merit: 504

^SEM img of Si wafer edge, scanned 2012-3-12.

View Profile
December 23, 2011, 02:00:26 AM

Is deposit/withdraw cheaper than $15 yet? That's really the main thing keeping me from using CryptoXChange, at the moment…

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: