Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 01:36:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do people compare betting and investing in bitcoin (in terms of risk)?  (Read 929 times)
Sanugarid

Activity: 1442
Merit: 153

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
March 03, 2020, 04:40:59 PM

I don't really understand why people see bitcoin as betting. That's what most people believe; they have this mindset that investing in bitcoin is more like playing a bet. But is that true? Capital NO!
I had a conversation with two of my siblings who both know that I'm into cryptocurrency. The older one was asking how much he would earn if he invested about 1,500$ worth of bitcoin. (Tho, I gave him a good explanation that it doesn't work that way). But then, my other sibling was saying that bitcoin is more like betting. Well, I ended up proving my point and here's it:
Betting is risky and so is investing in bitcoin. However, there's a big bridge between them. When you bet, your money is highly at stake than when you invest in bitcoin. This is because when you bet and lose, YOU LOSE ALL YOU STAKED. On the other hand, YOU CAN NEVER LOSE ALL IF YOU INVEST IN BITCOIN. Bitcoin can't just fall to zero. That's impossible. Tho it may need a long growth for one to gain, it should never be compared with betting (in terms of risk).
The reason why some people see bitcoin as betting is that, the risk level in both bitcoin trading or investment and betting are very much equal. With betting you can't actually tell the outcome even with all the statistics. Bitcoin also has similar characteristics since you can actually tell the next possible market value. Both Bitcoin and betting share similar risk levels and their profit margins are also quite similar. But personally, betting is more risky than Bitcoin. With Betting, it is very high to lose all the money you invested in the bet.
Maybe the reason why they are comparing bitcoin as betting and investing because, in my own opinion, you are likely to be betting when you are investing, you are actually taking risks with a possibility that you will make a profit is 50%, it is either you will earn or you will lose money. But in investing, you can make your own standards in which you are choosing particular project that will make sure that you will make profit in the future by doing some study and checking out if that particular project can succeed with their platform.
This is the problem I have with some people, even some of them on this forum. When people say that they lost everything in bitcoin, I keep wondering how that is even possible. Seriously, how do you even lose all your money in bitcoin, so you were not checking the price or what? And there is no way that bitcoin price will fall all at once and fall to zero.

There is a huge difference between bitcoin and gambling. Bitcoin is a pure investment, but the thing is that the risk involved is quite high than some other investments like gold, and that’s because bitcoin is still new and volatile. As time goes on it will become more stable and better than it is right now.
In gambling, you are actually taking risks with a 50% percent chance of winning while in bitcoin investment you can somehow make sure that you can earn by choosing top coins and making your own plans that will secure your profit in the future. Although we cannot predict the price and the market's situation but we can do better plans to make it possible.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Traderbtcc

Activity: 1190
Merit: 123

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
March 03, 2020, 05:25:29 PM

From my point of view   investing bitcoins is totally different from betting in terms of risks I don't see any reason why people would compare  the investment of Bitcoins with betting  whereas betting pose more risks  than investments in the sense that you are faced with the fate of  luck investments on the other surfaces more profits if there is potential increase in the price of Bitcoins betting is the same as gambling

gundala

Activity: 896
Merit: 108

View Profile
March 03, 2020, 09:25:14 PM

A misconception is widely circulated, ordinary people often assume bitcoin is not much different from betting. I really understand this because my family considers it that way, and advised me to leave bitcoin. I try to explain as best I can, that bitcoin is not entirely just a bet, there is an analysis that must be done, so it does not entirely depend on luck, but also strategy. After that, I just smiled and focused on my choices, and showed the best of what I got here.
Betting is risky, as well as investing using bitcoin. Investing with bitcoin will be the same as betting if it is not based on analysis and strategy, buying without calculation and clear analysis basis is bad. So make a difference with analysis.

We cannot blame anyone, lack of knowledge often leads to wrong understanding, and the best thing we can do is provide better information.

alizarosa2123

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 21, 2020, 11:10:50 AM

Wagering and contributing isn't quite an equivalent together another and that i never observe Bitcoin as something we simply wager. in particular else, wagering is for here and now while contributing is end of the day . the 2 of them have chance however we'll generally depict it wagering just in case we're betting. Essentially, Bitcoin isn't considered as a game we will simply wager. Wagering resembles more on karma however contributing isn't. I'm wagering we'll generally believe a transient technique while in contributing we'd like end of the day arranging.
CoinFoxs
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1004

Campaign Management & Translation Service

View Profile
May 15, 2020, 09:17:58 AM

There is a huge difference between bitcoin and gambling. Bitcoin is a pure investment, but the thing is that the risk involved is quite high than some other investments like gold, and that’s because bitcoin is still new and volatile. As time goes on it will become more stable and better than it is right now.

Bitcoin price is not stable and it increases or decreases in minutes most of the time, we have seen bitcoin dropped from 21k$ to 14k$ in 2017 so the one who bought bitcoin at 21k$ definitely lose their money. So there is a risk in bitcoin so invest money when you think this is the right time and I will get some good profit in 2-3 months.
Ucy

Activity: 2576
Merit: 401

View Profile
May 15, 2020, 10:48:20 AM

Typical day trading on cryptocurrency exchanges are more like bettings in my opinion. You place a bet that price will move to certain level, if it doesn't you lose, if it does you gain.
It's less risky(specifically Bitcoin trading) betting compare to others. This is probably why it's more tolerable. It can be very risky too, especially if you are betting on "pump and dump" or very volatile projects.
kayvie

Activity: 1022
Merit: 257

View Profile
May 15, 2020, 11:01:23 AM

Investing in bitcoin is different from betting. People most likely to compare it maybe because it's just the same thing when it comes to risking your money. It is just their easiest way to at least explain how risky to do both. But yes, they are really different, if you are investing in bitcoin, you are expecting a return in a certain period of time, while in betting, there is no guarantee of return because it all depends on your luck whether you will win or not.
syedakhlaque

Activity: 396
Merit: 30

View Profile
December 16, 2021, 01:35:49 PM

There is said"No risk No gain".In every business, there is a risk of losing capital. And there is no business in the world that has no chances of loss. So the same matter is with bitcoin. This trade, there involves hard work, study, knowledge, experience, and investment. It depends on your study and knowledge that how much you invest and what strategy, and planing you adopt. So bitcoin is not betting.

ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org     ElonCoin.org     ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org
●          Mars, here we come!          ●
██ ████ ███ ██ ████ ███ ██   Join Discord   ██ ███ ████ ██ ███ ████ ██
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: