Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 10:25:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Dip, Dipper, Dippest  (Read 619 times)
JaakkoS

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2022, 10:57:22 AM

I am following a lot of crypto-Twitter people and based on their opinions and my own I am not worried at all.
I also used to check the BTC course daily, but I found this affecting too much to my emotions. I feel a lot better just checking the markets weekly or so, as I prefer to hodl on the long term.
Be patient and I think 100k+ is very possible in 1-3 years. Just my thoughts

A couple of weeks ago I was excited that bitcoin price had gained 23k+. I was positive that it was going to at least stay steady at that point for some and the go up gradually, but boy was I wrong. On Twitter this user - Richard Heart, tweeted "Pray that #Bitcoin doesn't hit $11,000. For if it does, the sound of me patting myself on the back will be heard around the world."(What does this even mean?). Anyways, I decided to open my Binance app(I do not check the price daily. Is this normal?) only to find out that the price has plummeted to 20k. Honestly, I am not perturbed at all because I am a long term hodler. But why can't the price stay steady? Are we moving towards the dippest part of the dip? Just wanna know your thoughts. Thank you.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
coinmanhere

Activity: 70
Merit: 12

View Profile
August 30, 2022, 11:04:15 AM

I will remove all your confusions in one line "count the number of times Bitcoin has been declared dead since it came into existence."
andriarto

Activity: 1344
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 30, 2022, 11:24:35 AM

A couple of weeks ago I was excited that bitcoin price had gained 23k+. I was positive that it was going to at least stay steady at that point for some and the go up gradually, but boy was I wrong. On Twitter this user - Richard Heart, tweeted "Pray that #Bitcoin doesn't hit $11,000. For if it does, the sound of me patting myself on the back will be heard around the world."(What does this even mean?). Anyways, I decided to open my Binance app(I do not check the price daily. Is this normal?) only to find out that the price has plummeted to 20k. Honestly, I am not perturbed at all because I am a long term hodler. But why can't the price stay steady? Are we moving towards the dippest part of the dip? Just wanna know your thoughts. Thank you.

Though no one want the bitcoin price to come down even those who are buying in the bear Market would still want it to be high for them to sell. But people who are dealing with bitcoin supposed to understand the movement by now. Yes when bitcoin price goes up bitcoiners rejoice. But you don't have to over rejoice because it has its own peculiar way of movement. Yes when BTC was going up I also predicted that the price would not come down again but the price drastically come down to 19k last weekend.

Richard Heart is not supposed cry as a strong bitcoin influencer in that matter. He would have been the right person to encourage others that not strong in the faith. Now that he is the one doing the opposite what will the other that are not strong in the bitcoin faith will do?
Moving to the dipest part is what we can not predict. But I believe it would stay on this figure of 19k to 20k within this imber month period. 
actually if we understand the performance of bitcoin from the beginning to the present, of course we will not be too worried about the price, it's just that many people are focused on price fluctuations and that makes them enter in doubt. from the beginning before bitcoin grew, many people were pessimistic about bitcoin, even before there was a decline from $21k to $3500, and finally it rose significantly and this time in a bearish season, from that picture we can look for opportunities in the current situation

██▄     ▄▄░
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
████▀                   ▀████
████       ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▄   ████
████      ▄██████████▄▀    ████
████      ████████▀▀       ████
████  ▄▀ ▄██▀▀▀   ▄██      ████
████   ▀▀     ▄▄███▀       ████
████▄                   ▄████
▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
SECONDLIVE
CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS
|    Twitter    |  Telegram  |   Medium   |  YouTube  |   Discord   |    TikTok    |    GitHub    |
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   S T A K E   L I T T L E   W I N   B I G   
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
        ▄▄███████▄▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
   ████████████████████▄
  ███████▀▀▀█████████████
 ██████▌     ▀████████████
███████▀ ▀▀▄▄██▀▀▀█████████
██████             ▀███████
██████▄             ███████
 ███████▄▄        ▄███████
  ███████████▄▄▄▄█████████
   ▀███████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀▀
   ██████████████████████
Anguwa

Activity: 714
Merit: 30

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
August 30, 2022, 12:26:44 PM

A long-term crypto holder should not be concerned about the price because he is holding for an extended period of time. The only time you should check the price is when you intend to add more to your portfolio; regular price checks may result in a loss of interest, which may result in selling without meeting your desired target. It is recommended to follow the price movement alone for the majority of the time during a bear market until the market regains its equilibrium.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PLINKO    |7| SLOTS     (+) ROULETTE    ▼ BIT SPINBITVESTPLAY or INVEST ║ ✔ Rainbot  ✔ Happy Hours  ✔ Faucet
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Mr.right85

Activity: 896
Merit: 645

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2022, 12:50:06 PM

I guess we are at dipper as your threads topic rightly says. At least price is at $20k today as opposed to yesterday's $19k. Ironically, we aren't selling, be it high or low, we mostly prefer holding except for a few users that swaps there coin to stable coins just to ensure the value stays stable but most other users don't. Why?
Most of there coins are on there wallets and not exchanges like myself. Hence, we just watch the value fluctuates but, that's good for the currency and investors looking to invest. Bitcoin is just being nice by giving others and eve those who wish to own more a chance to invest, lol... of course am kidding but, yeah, it's a time for investment.
Therefore, we might hold on being happy to see our investments on the rise. That time will still come!

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK  
          100%   MULTICHARGER  
Mpamaegbu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1208

Once a man, twice a child!

View Profile
August 30, 2022, 02:16:41 PM

On Twitter this user - Richard Heart, tweeted "Pray that #Bitcoin doesn't hit $11,000. For if it does, the sound of me patting myself on the back will be heard around the world."(What does this even mean?).
I repeat (I've said this elsewhere), no individual knows accurately where price is headed. We can only speculate. Don't base your judgment of Bitcoin price on what a single individual says. Even if whales were to come together to conspire to sell off at the same time, they still won't be able to dictate what level price will fall to let alone a single individual. So, ignore Mr Heart. He's merely seeking attention.

Honestly, I am not perturbed at all because I am a long term hodler. But why can't the price stay steady? Are we moving towards the dippest part of the dip? Just wanna know your thoughts. Thank you.
If you're a long term hodler, I don't see why current price should be of concern since you ought to know that the current price is at a discount; offering an opportunity for new investors to get in. Have 2024/25 in mind as the expected time to sell off. From the look of things, I even expect a further price dip after a momentary rally in November. My November pick is based on how I've seen price react in that particular month, not of anything else. I've to say that so people don't misconstrue that speculation.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Kbourcrypto

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2022, 02:44:24 PM
Last edit: August 30, 2022, 05:52:09 PM by Kbourcrypto

Personally I think that Bitcoin can go lower, however, being convinced that Bitcoin will be the safe haven of the future, I am calm and continue to buy it regularly! The price does not change anything!

---------------------------------------------------------------------

BTC My site: https://bitcoin-evasion.com/ BTC
Mauser

Activity: 1778
Merit: 528

View Profile
August 30, 2022, 02:55:33 PM

There are a few reasons why the reasons why the bitcoin price is not more steady. The first reason is that we still live in very uncertain times right now. The Russia Ukraine war is still raging with no end in sight, the USA and China relations are at a lowest over the Taiwan issues, and global economic growth is not picking up again. All these issues make investors worried and losing trust in crypto currencies. Another factor is the high inflation which finally forced central banks to increase interest rates now. Now banks are starting to offer interest on saving accounts again and fixed income products become more attractive. For HODL investors nothing really changed, but for short term investors they feel like making higher returns in other asset classes.
Bitstar_coin

Activity: 2422
Merit: 693

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2022, 03:27:20 PM

This discussion will always come up anytime there is a price dip but it is uninteresting when they come from bitcoiners who have been in the space and witnessed the previous bear season I believe. No doubt it feels uncomfortable whenever the price is on a downward slop but I expect anyone who has already witnessed the past bear period to be used to it by now, complaining about it won't change anything, this period separates the true long-term players from occasional short-term investors.
@op braze yourself cos I read September is the most bearish month historically.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
lixer

Activity: 2492
Merit: 586

View Profile
August 30, 2022, 09:28:04 PM

You are a long term hodler and yet you are still wondering on why those things are happening? It is normal for a price to go down again after it increases because there might be people who take advantage of that small pump. Also there might be factors which have affected the price in a negative way. The price can be steady sometimes. Can't you see that we have stayed on 20k for so many weeks last time?

But, it's not possible for a price to remain stagnant forever because we are not talking about stable coins here but we are talking about volatile coins. At the moment, we don't know if the dip will continue or not but if yes then you better buy and just continue hodling since you said you are a long term hodler. There is no need to worry about your side.

Zilon

Activity: 966
Merit: 421

Bitcoindata.science

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2022, 09:48:51 PM
Last edit: August 30, 2022, 10:15:47 PM by Zilon

As a long term hodler paying attention to your chart and how price keeps falling will grow some unwanted emotions in you. Even if price falls to $11k it should rather be another entry point for you. As far as supply and demand keeps fluctuating price will never be stable the greater part of the curve will always control the market
Mahanton

Activity: 2688
Merit: 625

View Profile
August 30, 2022, 09:59:41 PM

As a long term hodler paying attention to your chart and how price keeps falling will grow some unwanted emotions in your. Even if price falls to $11k it should rather be another entry point for you. As far as supply and demand keeps fluctuating price will never be stable the greater part of the curve will always control the market
If you do have the habits something like this then it would be most likely resulted into some disaster later on when you do already make out bad decisions because of it.
Market does have all the possibilities whether it would dump or not into a certain extent on which people been expecting.Whenever we do see these instances or situations then to those people
who do have sufficient experience will really see these things as an opportunity and not something do talks about the end of the market which is really not true at all.
Always make yourself prepared for whatever things that lies ahead.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████