Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 01:01:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin - Is HODL the only strategy?  (Read 625 times)
syedzakir

Activity: 95
Merit: 2

View Profile
December 14, 2021, 03:58:58 PM

Well holding is not the last and only strategy but it is the best one of you want to gain a lot from bitcoin.
To hold it for long term can give you a lot more profit then you have ever thought

►           ►     enVoy       │        envoydefi.com     ◄           ◄
▐ █│     Sustainably Green Trust in Trade     │█ ▌

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
StanleyBoyle

Activity: 93
Merit: 23

What you worry about will control you

View Profile
December 15, 2021, 02:03:32 AM

Long-term holding is definitely the most effective investment method, and the principal can be withdrawn gradually, which is relatively conservative.
Zilon

Activity: 966
Merit: 421

Bitcoindata.science

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2021, 01:50:10 PM

I own different crypto and mostly I stake with them because I am interested in the long return. With bitcoin I am actually doing nothing. Can you suggest any strategies to make even a little APR? I know that I can't stake with bitcoin.
Hodl isn't the only strategy for Bitcoin. You can earn from Bitcoin through other means such as trading although you might not get the long term profit as the market volatility keeps moving up and down. To earn in a long term holding should be the only strategy. Just buy hold of the price drops buy more and hold since you have other portfolio where you still earn from you simply pay less attention to the price fluctuation
ChiBitCTy
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 3007

View Profile
December 15, 2021, 02:04:19 PM

Staking coins for the most part is pretty risky.  All this DeFi stuff is not sustainable at it's current levels, so first off you want to make sure that you are okay with that..because things could come crashing down at any time.  When it comes to bitcoin, my personal suggestion would just be to hold long term and let things ride out.  As I always state, one must make sure they've got a well rounded portfolio with traditional assets first and foremost.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Ultegra134

Activity: 1554
Merit: 744

View Profile
December 15, 2021, 03:59:50 PM

Staking coins for the most part is pretty risky.  All this DeFi stuff is not sustainable at it's current levels, so first off you want to make sure that you are okay with that..because things could come crashing down at any time.  When it comes to bitcoin, my personal suggestion would just be to hold long term and let things ride out.  As I always state, one must make sure they've got a well rounded portfolio with traditional assets first and foremost.
Even the vaults that are deemed as safe, contain a pretty high risk factor. Despite investing mostly in stable LP pairs, I've had a near miss a couple of months ago, with one of Iron.Finance's contracts. Even though both coins were relatively stablecoins, after an exploit on Polygon, Iron lost significant value, while Steel was zeroed. Fortunately, I was in Binance Smart Chain, and it wasn't directly affected.

Currently, I'm staking through Pancakeswap, USDO - BUSD, it's thought to be a relatively safe investment, without too much risk involved, however, as I've already mentioned, the risk is always there, rug pulls, exploits etc.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
retreat

Activity: 1008
Merit: 371

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2021, 05:05:08 PM

I own different crypto and mostly I stake with them because I am interested in the long return. With bitcoin I am actually doing nothing. Can you suggest any strategies to make even a little APR? I know that I can't stake with bitcoin.
binance has provided a place where you can stake your btc there, even though the APR is small but I think it's very suitable for those who want to hold their bitcoins for the long term, that's if you believe in storing your assets on an exchange.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
NelfiNovita

Activity: 640
Merit: 104

View Profile
December 15, 2021, 05:39:12 PM

Long-term holding is definitely the most effective investment method, and the principal can be withdrawn gradually, which is relatively conservative.

Yes, just being patient and holding Bitcoin in the long term will give very promising returns. Judging from the current market price I prefer to hold and buy rather than sell at a loss. From holding Bitcoin we will get a very large profit if the market price recovers.

Quidat

Activity: 2562
Merit: 539

View Profile
December 15, 2021, 10:23:12 PM

If you do go for 2x profits then it cant be possible but if not then Bitcoin would be the best choice and some people dosnt really like that kind of profits on a very long prospect or situation or time thats why they do opt on dealing with altcoins which could still give out 2x-10x
even to those low cap coins which could provide out even more multiplier. HODL is a good strategy but it would be sensible
that you would really go for other options to take.
Yes, just being patient and holding Bitcoin in the long term will give very promising returns. Judging from the current market price I prefer to hold and buy rather than sell at a loss. From holding Bitcoin we will get a very large profit if the market price recovers.
BaeSuzy

Activity: 854
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 16, 2021, 07:40:07 AM

It's not the only strategy. But for me I'd rather hodl than trade because I have no idea how to do it and I feel anxious doing something I don't really know well.

AakZaki
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1076

zknodes.org

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2021, 05:16:43 PM

Holding bitcoin is the right and safer option, because bitcoin will not collapse just like that, unlike the altcoin Defi which can collapse at any time. A healthy portfolio is a portfolio that holds coins that have good potential in the future.
Hold is a good strategy to get maximum results.
but trades must also be made to profit from any price fluctuations that occur.
adzino
Copper Member

Activity: 2968
Merit: 574

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
December 17, 2021, 10:38:02 PM

You are right. You can't stake bitcoin and earn rewards. Platform that allows you to "stake" bitcoin isn't actually staking your coins. They are just using your coins to perform their operations and they give you a return. More like you are lending them your coins, and they give you back profit. It's risky. Once you give it to them, you are no longer the owner of the coins. If they lose everything, you lose everything. So holding is the only strategy to make profit in the long run. It is the safest option too because in the long run, you will be making profit. Trading is another option where you can take advantage of the volatility. But you have to be very active and the risk should also be considered.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Hypnosis00

Activity: 2352
Merit: 339

View Profile
December 17, 2021, 11:56:05 PM

That gonna be a case-to-case basis as I hold when the market dumps but later when it recover back, I just sell them. I think, Holding is an option, we can make a trade, staking and etc...if we wanted to earn more. It is only finding a way where you can assure that you won't lose but instead of profit.

But if we don't have skills like trading, then it has no choice but just to hold until we decide to sell. As I've said, holding alone doesn't give you much unless you bought a lot of Bitcoin or potential altcoins.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
KaliLinux

Activity: 1344
Merit: 565

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2021, 06:30:46 AM

I believe you are already doing the best strategy for Bitcoin which is HODL.
That gonna be a case-to-case basis as I hold when the market dumps but later when it recover back, I just sell them. I think, Holding is an option, we can make a trade, staking and etc...if we wanted to earn more. It is only finding a way where you can assure that you won't lose but instead of profit.

But if we don't have skills like trading, then it has no choice but just to hold until we decide to sell. As I've said, holding alone doesn't give you much unless you bought a lot of Bitcoin or potential altcoins.
True that. only if you really understand trading then that is another way for you to accumulate on Bitcoin but this is also the easiest way for you to lose your Bitcoin Hodlings too. I don't stake Bitcoin and don't think it is a wise choice but just to HODL till the price is right.
Wipeout2097

Activity: 840
Merit: 255

SportsIcon - Connect With Your Sports Heroes

View Profile
December 22, 2021, 10:56:17 PM

Its urgnt stratgy for thee newbis and unskilld crypto lover to HODL an inrse rypto by staking.It is btter if you'll learn about that, beyond any doubt you may see numerous ways to develop your bitcoin sum. But you have got other choices such as loaning your bitcoin to dealers within the trades and indeed in the event that the return isn't much, I think that's worth doing as long as you know how much bitcoin you need to loan to them. It can help, you are doing not got to do numerous things and as it were observe the rate or the return regularly.Also learn to know about low cap coins with great future and HODL till reach to the moon.

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██▀       ▀█       ▀████████████        ▀█         █▀       ▀██
██   ▀██▄▄▄█   ██   ████████████   ███   ████   ████   ▀██▄▄▄██
███▄     ▀██       ▄████████████       ▄█████   █████▄     ▀███
██▀▀▀██▄   █   █████████████████   █▄  ▀█████   ████▀▀▀██▄   ██
██▄       ▄█   █████████████████   ██▄  ▀████   ████▄       ▄██
██       ██▀      ▀█████████████    ▀██   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▄██▄   ████████████     ▀█   █████████████████████
████   ███   ████████   ████   █   ▄  ▀   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▀██▀   █   ████   █   █▄     █████████████████████
██       ██▄      ▄███        ██   ██▄    █████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████                                                             ████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████          ████████████████                                 ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██