Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 06:17:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Have Multibit Classic app + .key file + password list, what now?  (Read 421 times)
johniemi (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 22, 2021, 03:38:13 PM

Ok, will try this once more now that holidays are coming and I have spare time to think and tinker Smiley

I used MultiBit classic in 2007-2008 to store some BTC and thought I lost them forever but today I installed the Multibit Classic app and I have my "multibit.key" file and also found a decent (as in "I can make sense what the words are") list of 12 wallet words that also has a "date stamp" of some sort.

I have now spent two hours of researching this subject and this is what I know:
-I don't have a .wallet- file anywhere - and don't know if it's needed or not?
-I don't have the one "master password" if there is one, but I have a few very very strong candidates (used to use just a few simple pw's back in those days) so I think I can just try ten times and get it right,

=> My computer runs the MultiBit Classic but I just don't know what to do in there with my "multibit.key" file and 12 wallet words + timestamp.

So: what to do next in order to open my old MultiBit account (or wallet, or whatever the correct term is) so I can then transfer the BTC somewhere else? I have two working BTC wallet addresses to send them to once I just get the MultiBit account/wallet open again so I can see the balance etc... It could be 1 BTC or 0.001 BTC, can't remember but I think it's worth my time to try and see. Thank you in advance and Happy Holidays Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: