Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 12:41:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Avalon 1246 acting strange HELP  (Read 463 times)
BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3248
Merit: 2970

Block halving is coming.

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2022, 10:31:48 PM

I have tried to issue commands using the FMS software (there seems to be three versions on their website, none of which worked for me). I enter the following "[{"command":"ascset","parameter":"0,fan-spd,75"}] " (without the brackets) in the text box, I click Run and then it seems to get stuck saying "Running commands ..." I wish I knew what I am doing wrong.

Actually, it will not work if you remove the brackets it should be the whole command including the brackets below

Code:
[{"command":"ascset","parameter":"0,fan-spd,90"}]

About the aging never heard any issue with using it constantly and actually, your miner is running at performance mode which is higher than the expected hash rate.

Why not try to adjust the power a bit down to avoid the strange behavior of your miner. Use this command below

Code:
[{"command":"ascset", "parameter":"0,hashpower,1260"}]

That is a power limit you can adjust it to lower and the hash rate will drop a bit but I'm sure the temp will also drop a bit.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Psyence

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 05, 2022, 10:52:29 PM

Thank you so much for your answer. I will try lowering the power limit with your command, just did in fact. Fingers crossed that this may help solve the rebooting issue. What's the use of having a slightly higher hash rate if it goes down for 15 minutes straight several times a day, right?

I confused the word "bracket" [ ] with " " ... I think? Not English native, so still learning a few words everyday... Smiley

About the chips temperature, I would like to learn to take out the hash boards and clean and repaste (see video below for the 1066-50, I bet it must be pretty similar to the 1246)... Of course I would start with a less expensive machine to get practice, but the only video I could find that shows clearly how to do it is in Russian... and I could not tell what the product he used to submerge the board was since I can't read the label on the bottle he shows...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POGTxBIvco4&list=PLKF8v-1UaIV8J1U0li9fLLSGfcQ015YVm

Any idea?
fabinhomattos

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 30, 2023, 03:11:46 AM

good evening to all.

Sorry if the writing isn't perfect. I don't speak English.

I've been researching a lot on this subject, and I haven't found anything as simple as that, and it's very sad for us to realize that even nowadays, with so much information on the internet, that companies don't care about promoting and explaining their own products, services and derivatives.

I managed to use these codes, for example: " [{"command":"ascset", "parameter":"0,hashpower,1295"}] " but there is a problem. when the equipment is restarted, the settings return to their original state.

I researched and studied the cgminer settings to put in "CGMiner Configuration / More Options", but it seems that nothing runs as it should...

My question is simple and objective and I would appreciate anyone who can solve my question and help other people who, from what I researched, have the same problem:

HOW TO SAVE THESE SETTINGS SO THAT EVEN IF THE AVALON 1066 PRO (IN MY CASE) SHUTS OFF, WHEN IT TURNES ON AGAIN, THE SETTINGS COME BACK AUTOMATICALLY.

Thanks
BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3248
Merit: 2970

Block halving is coming.

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2023, 12:32:47 PM

HOW TO SAVE THESE SETTINGS SO THAT EVEN IF THE AVALON 1066 PRO (IN MY CASE) SHUTS OFF, WHEN IT TURNES ON AGAIN, THE SETTINGS COME BACK AUTOMATICALLY.

Currently, we don't have a permanent solution for this, Canaan didn't release any commands to permanently save the parameter you sent via the FMS app.

If you want to push your miner and improve hashrate I suggest use the performance mode under pool configuration.
That's the only permanent solution to keep your miner run in high-performance mode.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████