Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 03:53:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Passcode Length  (Read 261 times)
Drnice

Activity: 588
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 15, 2022, 09:23:29 AM

I bought Bitcoin in late 2010 or early 2011, I don't remember the exact date. Since this was 10 years ago I do not remember what wallet. I do remember that the icon that was on my computer looked very similar to the Bitcoin symbol (the B that looks like a dollar sign, $). I no longer have the device that the wallet was on and I think I must have recycled the information that I had written down on paper.

Since I only have what may or may not be the correct 10 word phrase, I am seriously doubting that I will be able to recover this wallet. Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks for your response.

So long as you have what may or may not be the correct 10 word phrase, try using it to know if it could be, cause you might be thinking it's not, and might be what you needed to get your wallet back.

Having an offline backup of your recovery phrase/seed or mnemonics is the only way to recover your wallet, and this is very important putting it in writing and safely kept. I had this same experience few days ago, where my device which I have all my passwords/phrase/mnemonics etc to all my accounts and even my bank details were stored was stolen, and this is a very big risky to me, if they know what the device contains. To an extent, if I can be helped on how to track my phone with the use of any software or company, I'll be very grateful. With this experience, I don't waste time to put my passwords and phrases in writing, cause it's very important, and without the phrase, your assets are totally gone for good.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: