Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: delete  (Read 9831 times)
poornamelessme

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 08:44:55 AM

]in the long term it's a good thing, if BCX is successful he can show how the algorithm is insecure and newer currencies will have to use something else
if he's unsuccessful, it will prove that the newer algorithm is secure given enough hashpower

The same way Gox failing was a good thing, since it was insecure? And how exchanges should do something else?

Yeah, the public doesn't think that way.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
iopq

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 08:47:51 AM

]in the long term it's a good thing, if BCX is successful he can show how the algorithm is insecure and newer currencies will have to use something else
if he's unsuccessful, it will prove that the newer algorithm is secure given enough hashpower

The same way Gox failing was a good thing, since it was insecure? And how exchanges should do something else?

in the long term, yes

if it were a bank, it would get a bailout from the government
but we're trying to prove that the free market can organize itself around trustless methods

so if that means that we demand transparent exchanges that prove that they actually hold our money in a wallet - then that's a good thing in the long run
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 08:48:40 AM

hilarious little cheerleaders accuse me of jerking off BCX.
while you deep throat the AUR dev.. coin cloner

only a moron would call a coin that had the largest premine in history a legit coin.. you people really are dumb wow !

and when the public gets word hackers removed a scam coin they will say good.. it was making Bitcoin itself and it's services look bad.
only problem with that is the public is not going to know about AUR coin.. neither is the people of Iceland.
i should go buy some of those identities people are selling to collect AUR coins lol
That little premine airdrop is being sold off to the highest bidder NOT to the citizens of Iceland.. only morons believe hype and propaganda
and we sure have a lot of them here.. bag holders who can barely muster up the intelligence of a scam coin defense saying "AUR is a real coin" as the guy said earlier lol
ya mmm k then buddy lol

i have to admit i find the scammy coin cloning bs excuses are mega entertaining, watching morons squirm trying to defend them instead of manning up and being honest about it.

FUD first & ask questions later™
Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 08:51:04 AM

in the long term, yes

if it were a bank, it would get a bailout from the government
but we're trying to prove that the free market can organize itself around trustless methods

so if that means that we demand transparent exchanges that prove that they actually hold our money in a wallet - then that's a good thing in the long run

did you say transparency ? lol

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=505534.0

that is BCX confronting AUR coin cloner and him saying he refused transparency .

muddafudda
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1022

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 08:54:57 AM

There seems to be some people asking whats going on in the AUR thread and no answer from the devs
numbl

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 08:58:15 AM

If news of this gets out, I'm sure it'll do wonders for crypto's reputation in general.

Hacker destroys Iceland's crypto coin ... yeah, that will go over well... certainly make people feel comfortable investing in and using cryptos all over the World.

Some people unfortunately don't understand the consequences outside the small radius of their 20/20 hindsight.  Sure, AUR might/will die due to their efforts - but due to the media attention this coin has gained, as a result the whole cryptocurrency cause will cause.  At least the hackers are going to empty all their bags into fiat before AUR is pronounced dead, right?

I'm not sure if many here realize how much exposure AUR got in Iceland. At first I thought it was a dinky meme coin, that nobody knew about ... like most alts, right?

Then I read about Iceland's politicians having meetings over it. Then read where AUR was on the national news. It's a big deal there, from what I can tell. It's not like killing Taxi coin.

Yeah, it is a big deal.  People are trading all sorts of commodities including computers, cellphones, even cars already with AUR here in Iceland...  The value of the coin has already presented itself massively.  But these so-called wizards of the information highway that should actually know these things seem to be completely clueless as to what's actually happening with this currency.
MiningViking

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 09:01:04 AM

There seems to be some people asking whats going on in the AUR thread and no answer from the devs

Airdrop turned into pantsdrop!?
If this is done to extort the developers someone deserves to get shot, if its done to prove a vulnerability or just for the lols = give the man a cake!

Iraq!? Afghanistan!? Bring your boys back home and drop a few big ones!!
FiniteRed

Activity: 346
Merit: 255

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 09:03:39 AM

Airdrop turned into pantsdrop!?

haha!

[G]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ] ~ [ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[H]
BohemianStalker

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 09:10:35 AM

If news of this gets out, I'm sure it'll do wonders for crypto's reputation in general.

Hacker destroys Iceland's crypto coin ... yeah, that will go over well... certainly make people feel comfortable investing in and using cryptos all over the World.
maybe you should stop supporting cryptocurrencies that have low difficulties and can be hacked and use secure ones instead then

what a shitty argument.

Every technology in it's infancy is vunerable. And country coins are month old innovation.
Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2014, 09:21:50 AM

Strangely, this messing around might well get the Icelandic parliament behind Auroracoin. Regardless of what you think of the technique, the "foreign devil" trick usually works in politics. When Nixon ditched the remnants of the gold standard in 1971, his speech announcing it blamed "international speculators." In the '60s, UK PM Harold Wilson blamed the "Gnomes of Zurich" for the (I believe subsequent) devaluation of the pound sterling. And, both got away with implementing measures whose real cause was inflationary monetary policy.

I'm not offering a comment on the veracity or ethics of the "foreign devil" trick: I'm just saying it works. An Iceland MP with ambition might ride that train in the near future.

It's be funny if we started hearing demagogy against "international hackers" from the political community. I say this as someone who was a "wicked short seller" once in his life.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

Nxtblg
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2014, 09:26:48 AM

Yeah, it is a big deal.  People are trading all sorts of commodities including computers, cellphones, even cars already with AUR here in Iceland...  The value of the coin has already presented itself massively.  But these so-called wizards of the information highway that should actually know these things seem to be completely clueless as to what's actually happening with this currency.

Not too surprising. Name the three pivotal election issues in Iran's latest elections. I can't either, in part because of the language barrier and in part because we're naturally interested in politics in our own backyards.

Besides, I can always read an insta-book and come to some hasty conclusions if I need to.  Wink 

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

jianxinss

Activity: 304

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 09:26:57 AM

Strangely, this messing around might well get the Icelandic parliament behind Auroracoin. Regardless of what you think of the technique, the "foreign devil" trick usually works in politics. When Nixon ditched the remnants of the gold standard in 1971, his speech announcing it blamed "international speculators." In the '60s, UK PM Harold Wilson blamed the "Gnomes of Zurich" for the (I believe subsequent) devaluation of the pound sterling. And, both got away with implementing measures whose real cause was inflationary monetary policy.

I'm not offering a comment on the veracity or ethics of the "foreign devil" trick: I'm just saying it works. An Iceland MP with ambition might ride that train in the near future.

It's be funny if we started hearing demagogy against "international hackers" from the political community. I say this as someone who was a "wicked short seller" once in his life.

Do you mean,the blockchain has some thing unusual ?
ghur

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 10:58:46 AM

It's been crawling.......I love you.

Look at the block explorer, it came to grinding slowdown starting about 5375.

It amazingly looks like a Time Warp exploit.

At this rate you might make block 5400 sometime in August ROFL.

~BCX~

It's not like they weren't warned, right? Smiley

doge: D8q8dR6tEAcaJ7U65jP6AAkiiL2CFJaHah
Automated faucet, pays daily: Qoinpro
Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 11:08:11 AM

Some interesting stats on who is posting and when they regged here..

BitcoinEXpress =          June 24, 2011
DemetriusAstroBlack = March 22, 2014
cryptopaths =        February 01, 2014
iGotSpots =                 April 29, 2013
iopq =                  February 06, 2011
Spoetnik =                   July 17, 2013
Ozziecoin =               March 19, 2014
kalus =                December 11, 2013
CoinHumper =      September 26, 2011
BohemianStalker =  February 03, 2014
Canaanite =              March 16, 2013
poornamelessme =   January 16, 2014
Nxtblg =               February 26, 2014
jianxinss =           December 24, 2013
ghur =                   January 24, 2014
dewdeded =       September 11, 2013

I was surprised to see so many from 2011..
and i gotta give those guys props and respect because that means they have
a ton of knowledge and some experience i just don't have and prob never will.
these older guys have an advantage in this scene having been doing this for so long.
they are often smarter to the usual bs that gets pulled..

new guys this was not a dig at you Wink
i am some what new to this stuff too which is why when guys like BitcoinEXpress create topics
i always find them interesting and informative and some of us have a tendency to rock the boat.
so it make for some good reading Smiley

there is a LOT of history in the Altcoin scene and what prompted me to look at this data i posted
was i wondered how many new guys are here talking and are they aware just how common forks are ?

dewdeded
Legendary

Activity: 1232

Monero Evangelist

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 11:11:07 AM

So a patch must be written and spread. Should max take 32 h.

This just hardens all coins. Every new serious coin will have an timewarp exploit patch from now on.
Every existing active coin will deploy on.

All in all. Its a service to the altcoin community, being it scammers or serious developers.

OMG, 3 posters from 2011, how cool. lol
Nxtblg
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2014, 11:36:21 AM

Do you mean,the blockchain has some thing unusual ?

No, I'm talking about politics. The name of the game in politics isn't truth, it's credibility. And the short selling I referred to was a stock.

Nxtblg
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2014, 11:54:04 AM

...Nxtblg =               February 26, 2014...

I was surprised to see so many from 2011..
and i gotta give those guys props and respect because that means they have
a ton of knowledge and some experience i just don't have and prob never will.
these older guys have an advantage in this scene having been doing this for so long.
they are often smarter to the usual bs that gets pulled..

new guys this was not a dig at you Wink

This may surprise you, but I heard about Bitcoin in June of 2011 from the Mises.org blog.

http://archive.mises.org/17356/another-bitcoin-crash/

At the time, Mises.org was against Bitcoin. The comments for that post are a real blast from the past. The 2011ers will really have their memories jogged.

I was reading the comment stream at the time and found myself identifying with the Bitcoiners. To be honest, I was tempted to gussy up a justification for Bitcoin as money by using Mises' regression theorem but the "gold vibe" was too strong there and I didn't want to get myself entangled in argument after argument. No evangelist, I.

Now here's the funny part. I not only wanted to stick up for Bitcoin but I also wanted to buy about 100 of them - but I got nervous about all those robbery stories. In fact, I lurked through a thread or two in Bitcoin Discussion to find out about security. Encrypted wallet, okay; moving wallet file offline, okay...but then I bumped into stories about people having their wallets filched by keystroke loggers - and gave up. I couldn't see a way around that issue.

tl;dr: Had the coin landed on its other head - meaning, if I had had a thicker skin - I would have been an '11er myself and a Bitcoin evangelist.

Here's more blasts from Mises.org's past:

http://archive.mises.org/17294/a-clear-concise-look-at-bitcoin/

http://archive.mises.org/18767/bitcoin-implodes/

Now, of course, Mises.org is behind Bitcoin and accepts donations in BTC. Some people need time to come around  Smiley

Bimmerhead
Legendary

Activity: 1291

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 12:12:07 PM

June 2011 isn't so new.  Means he arrived after the giant speculative run up.  So maybe he's here because he is drawn to the fiat, not the technology.

Is BCX about hardening coins, or hardening his wallet?
BohemianStalker

Activity: 336

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 12:36:23 PM

Hey Bcex maybe you want to explain these Icelanders why the auroracoin is not working. I am sure they will understand why you decided to destroy a healthy and innovative currency instead something like grumpycat.

Regína Ásdís Thorarensen Bjarnadóttir
2 hours ago
Er buin að sækja um auroracoins í rafveskið mitt en þau koma ekki, er buin að biða i 12 tima.....anyone?
Like ·  · Share

Dagur Ingi Sigursveinsson sama hér!
39 minutes ago · Like

Stefan Atli Ágústsson Þetta kom bara um leið og að rafveskið mitt var búið að synca við networkið hjá mér.
34 minutes ago · Like

Dagur Ingi Sigursveinsson Það var reyndar einhver af þessum tíma sem fór í syncið en það eru ca 10tímar síðan ég downloadaði forritinu og senti coinin. Ekkert hefur gerst.
27 minutes ago · Like

Kristinn Ingi Reynisson Bíðið bara aðeins
26 minutes ago · Like · 1

Kristinn Jónsson þið þurfið að stilla rafrænaveskið á ykkar private key
8 minutes ago · Like

Dagur Ingi Sigursveinsson Og hvernig geri ég það? Kann voða lítið á þetta
5 minutes ago · Like
dilbert_2000

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 12:50:24 PM

Hi everyone.

I'm Icelandic and I just signed up on this forum after coming across this conversation. I am new to Cryptocurrency as most people who are getting their Auroracoins through the airdrop.

I just want to make it clear that people are really getting their coins through the airdrop. I got mine and many of my co-workes and friends have claimed their coins. I just sold a guitar amp to a guy for auroracoins. There is a facebook group for people buying and selling stuff for AUR, things like cars, furniture and computers. See here:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/544259455688424/

There are allready a few merchants accepting AUR. I baught a CD from a well known icelandic folk band called 1860, check them out here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcugYH5FJIo
There is also an internet café accepting AUR, a chlothing store and more. See here: http://www.aurcoin.is/

The airdrop is leading to very interesting things IMO, all I can say is, please don't try to destroy it just because you can (if you can, i don't know the first thing about hacking or computers)

Best regards from Reykjavík

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: