Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:26:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Occupiers Plan Economic Shutdown: http://westcoastportshutdown.com/  (Read 1541 times)
jimbobway (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1304
Merit: 1014

View Profile
December 06, 2011, 12:27:51 AM

Umm, this might be big news.

"In response to coordinated attacks on the occupations and attacks on workers across the world:
Occupy Denver stands in solidary with our brothers and sisters who will be blocking the economic apparatus of the 1% by shutting down the ports of the world on Dec 12. Occupy Denver is calling for all land locked occupations to do the same with a coordinated shutdown of Walmart distribution centers throughout the United States on December 12th."

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Vandroiy
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 06, 2011, 01:08:50 AM
Last edit: December 06, 2011, 01:24:36 AM by Vandroiy

Are they serious?

"Digging your own grave" might really become the saying of the times, eh?

Edit: oh wow, they actually intend to do that? The stupidity of mankind never ceases to amaze me. I wonder, am I the only one not from the 1% who increasingly sides with them? Just striking a path back to stone age is no solution to the world's problems!

It is not right to block, sabotage or otherwise take action against people or institutions unless there is a real reason and unjust behavior shown. Being rich or in control of something is not a crime and does not justify such things.

How the hell did the government manage to "forward" its responsibilities? Who is occupying the White House right now?
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
December 06, 2011, 01:18:16 AM

Are they serious?

"Digging your own grave" might really become the saying of the times, eh?

Edit: oh wow, they actually intend to do that? The stupidity of mankind never ceases to amaze me. I wonder, am I the only one not from the 1% who increasingly sides with them? Just striking a path back to stone age is no solution to the world's problems!
You aren't the only one.  In fact, it's interesting - I follow a couple of local news stations on Facebook.  Despite living in a VERY liberal city, whenever a post is made with regards to the "Occupy" movement, the vast majority of people come out and say that the people need to go home, they aren't helping anything, they're creating an ugly mess, etc etc.  Every once in a while, someone chimes in in defense of the occupiers, but for the most part, people seem to be vehemently against the movement.

I was glad to see that, even in a liberal city, most people still have their heads mostly set on straight.
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
December 06, 2011, 02:22:13 AM

I think it's brilliant. This takes the passive resistance movement to the next level. Let's see if some Janet Reno wannabe will roll tanks over US citizens. First they ignore you, then they mock you, then you win.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
fivebells

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 06, 2011, 02:38:18 AM

Anyone can put up a web page.  Doesn't mean anything substantial is going to happen.  My understanding is that they don't have the relevant unions onside, so they are doomed to fail.
LoupGaroux

Activity: 574

View Profile
December 06, 2011, 03:21:21 AM

Oh my! Moving from the sidewalks to criminal trespass on private property. Yup, that's just so going to get the message across to the 1%.

I seriously hope that WalMart puts up "Posted: Trespassers will be shot!" Signs so they can legally clear their property of any infestation of vermin. And screwing around with the ports? Another brilliant move. What happens at the ports? Import and export of goods from other countries. And which department of government in the US is responsible for security at the connection nodes to other countries? But wait, before you answer, which department also has access to the military to "protect movement" and "prevent terrorism"?

Gosh, think mom and dad will be able to post bail when your sorry stinky occupying ass gets busted for terrorist actions against the commerce of the United States? Bet it's more than the limit on their Amex card. Think anybody with a brain will shed a tear when some occupier gets beat down trying to interfere with the free transit of goods in an area controlled by the Teamsters union? For the first time in my life I might actually applaud a union thug.

Here's a better idea... why not try to occupy Fukashima? You would be doing the world a favor, and probably get a lot more favorable media.
evoorhees
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1021

Democracy is the original 51% attack

View Profile
December 06, 2011, 06:20:37 AM

I think it's brilliant. This takes the passive resistance movement to the next level.

Yes... it takes it to the level of no longer being passive resistance, and instead to the level of aggression, trespassing, and theft.

I fully support their right to protest, but the second they trespass on private property they lose all moral credibility and deserve to be forcefully removed.
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
December 06, 2011, 08:40:07 AM

I think it's brilliant. This takes the passive resistance movement to the next level.

Yes... it takes it to the level of no longer being passive resistance, and instead to the level of aggression, trespassing, and theft.

I fully support their right to protest, but the second they trespass on private property they lose all moral credibility and deserve to be forcefully removed.

Hmmm. I suppose if there is "aggression, trespassing, and theft" then they will be arrested. I see no evidence of such intent.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
bracek

Activity: 530
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 06, 2011, 10:11:56 AM

99% has had their private property invaded first,
and not so sincerely, with warnings in advance

this is not action, it is reaction (and too mild for my taste)

they are risking their ass for your children also
Litt

Activity: 350

View Profile
December 06, 2011, 11:40:33 PM

Well if only the people in the U.S actually stood up for having the police and the Gov't using their monopoly on force to tresspass on the people's freedom of press and assembly...

That didn't happen outside of the Occupy movement at all right? At least some people think their freedom is worth fighting for.

Let's not even talk about National Defense Authorization Act passing the senate by greater than 90%.. I mean who cares about freedom and liberty.. Let's just let them make w.e laws to traps us into docile and afraid little beings that work 50 hours a week and get spoonfed what the mass media gives us.
Shuai

Activity: 189
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 07, 2011, 05:12:10 PM

"This is not private property, it's personal property"

This kind of "reaction" is what all the occupy enemies has been hoping for.
johnyj
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012

Beyond Imagination

View Profile
December 12, 2011, 02:51:10 PM

True, the most efficient violent is killing people without using violence, current laws do not stop people from killing others using intelligence. Although people can always fight back using violence, but that action won't buy them much support. Even in a court, the smarter men can find better protection from the law

As a natural result, people have to learn how to anti-cheat, how to anti-trap, how to anti-theft, etc... eventually they will develop some mental disorder on themselves ...

It's sad to see the human have gained so much in technology but the organization of the society still looks at its infant stage

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: