Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 03:55:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How effective is covid vaccine in protecting against contacting the virus  (Read 402 times)
Tellek Garing (OP)

Activity: 854
Merit: 130

View Profile
January 22, 2022, 04:48:04 PM

The covid 19 virus have gained a new height with various variance, and most countries around the world are placing restrictions on citizens and drafting majors to lower the contraction of the virus, covid vaccine was introduced to bursting the immune of human against the virus but there have been lots .of politics around the vaccines policy around the globe. With country placing vaccines restrictions on travelers and public workers, how effective is the vaccine against the contractions of the virus?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
af_newbie
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1468

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2022, 05:58:00 PM

The covid 19 virus have gained a new height with various variance, and most countries around the world are placing restrictions on citizens and drafting majors to lower the contraction of the virus, covid vaccine was introduced to bursting the immune of human against the virus but there have been lots .of politics around the vaccines policy around the globe. With country placing vaccines restrictions on travelers and public workers, how effective is the vaccine against the contractions of the virus?

Vaccines do not protect you from contracting the virus.  What they do help with is the body's immune response to the infection.

The only way to protect yourself against contracting the virus is to avoid situations where you might get in contact with it.
Practice physical distancing, wash hands and face after each exposure, wear PPE everywhere when in public.  
Do not eat or drink in public, etc.

Gyfts
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 1512

View Profile
January 22, 2022, 07:32:05 PM

They offer you little to no protection against contracting and transmitting the virus regardless if you are fully vaccinated or boosted with one or two boosters.

See Israel's new cases - https://graphics.reuters.com/world-coronavirus-tracker-and-maps/countries-and-territories/israel/

Roughly 80+ of the population is fully vaccinated with large portions of the population receiving boosters, yet they are experiencing the worst peak since the start of the pandemic, adding 50k+ cases as of late. Israel also conducted a study administering a 4th shot which saw no clinical efficacy in stopping COVID transmission, one of the first in the world.

Some speculation that ADE can arise when administering vaccines - https://www.nature.com/articles/s41564-020-00789-5

One potential hurdle for antibody-based vaccines and therapeutics is the risk of exacerbating COVID-19 severity via antibody-dependent enhancement (ADE). ADE can increase the severity of multiple viral infections, including other respiratory viruses such as respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) and measles. ADE in respiratory infections is included in a broader category named enhanced respiratory disease (ERD), which also includes non-antibody-based mechanisms such as cytokine cascades and cell-mediated immunopathology. ADE caused by enhanced viral replication has been observed for other viruses that infect macrophages, including dengue virus and feline infectious peritonitis virus (FIPV). Furthermore, ADE and ERD has been reported for SARS-CoV and MERS-CoV both in vitro and in vivo. The extent to which ADE contributes to COVID-19 immunopathology is being actively investigated.

Add this issue on top of omicron being so genetically distant from the original strain, you have useless vaccines in terms of stopping transmission.
Ultegra134

Activity: 1540
Merit: 744

View Profile
January 22, 2022, 10:10:33 PM

According to Center for Disease Prevention and Control (CDC), vaccines do prevent infection, however, it is not guaranteed, while the preventive protection dies down after a few months. They certainly assist in preventing severe illness/symptoms or even death.

I was vaccinated with two doses of Pfizer, the second one was received approximately 6 months ago. I got infected but only developed mild symptoms, some fever (~38 C), sore throat, a little cough and that's about it.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/effectiveness/why-measure-effectiveness/breakthrough-cases.html

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Cnut237
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1277

View Profile
January 23, 2022, 11:13:50 AM

According to Center for Disease Prevention and Control (CDC), vaccines do prevent infection, however, it is not guaranteed, while the preventive protection dies down after a few months. They certainly assist in preventing severe illness/symptoms or even death.

I was vaccinated with two doses of Pfizer, the second one was received approximately 6 months ago. I got infected but only developed mild symptoms, some fever (~38 C), sore throat, a little cough and that's about it.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/effectiveness/why-measure-effectiveness/breakthrough-cases.html

The chart below demonstrates the extent to which vaccines have prevented infection in the UK, and also demonstrates quite clearly how protection wanes over time. As with a lot of Covid charts, there are many complicating factors, and arguably the dimensions on the second chart should be flipped vertically to retain the time trend from the top chart... but it's all quite clear in any case.

It's interesting that people who had a first vaccine more than 6 months ago, but never followed it up with a second vaccine are more likely to contract Covid than someone who is unvaccinated. This is interesting, and I'd like to see more detail. I suspect this might be a very small group, of whom a disproportionate percentage have since moved into the 'too vulnerable to vaccinate' category, and so would be at higher risk regardless of vaccination status... but this is supposition, and I have no data on it.

One thing - perhaps the most important thing - is not covered on these charts, and that's hospitalisation by vaccination status, the data for which isn't available from the ONS. But data from elsewhere, as I've presented previously, have certainly indicated that the risk of severe symptoms is much lower if you've been vaccinated.

Another factor, again supposition, might be that people are more likely to be tested if they are symptomatic. If vaccines protect against symptoms, then they would also reduce the likelihood of you taking a test, in which case the vaccine protection would actually be greater than that presented on those charts.

@Ultegra134 - your second Pfizer jab ~6 months ago, with no third jab, would seem to protect you slightly against infection... but as I say, the protection from severe symptoms is perhaps more important.

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/healthandsocialcare/conditionsanddiseases/articles/coronaviruscovid19/latestinsights

Ultegra134

View Profile
January 23, 2022, 03:15:38 PM

The chart below demonstrates the extent to which vaccines have prevented infection in the UK, and also demonstrates quite clearly how protection wanes over time. As with a lot of Covid charts, there are many complicating factors, and arguably the dimensions on the second chart should be flipped vertically to retain the time trend from the top chart... but it's all quite clear in any case.

It's interesting that people who had a first vaccine more than 6 months ago, but never followed it up with a second vaccine are more likely to contract Covid than someone who is unvaccinated. This is interesting, and I'd like to see more detail. I suspect this might be a very small group, of whom a disproportionate percentage have since moved into the 'too vulnerable to vaccinate' category, and so would be at higher risk regardless of vaccination status... but this is supposition, and I have no data on it.

One thing - perhaps the most important thing - is not covered on these charts, and that's hospitalisation by vaccination status, the data for which isn't available from the ONS. But data from elsewhere, as I've presented previously, have certainly indicated that the risk of severe symptoms is much lower if you've been vaccinated.

Another factor, again supposition, might be that people are more likely to be tested if they are symptomatic. If vaccines protect against symptoms, then they would also reduce the likelihood of you taking a test, in which case the vaccine protection would actually be greater than that presented on those charts.

@Ultegra134 - your second Pfizer jab ~6 months ago, with no third jab, would seem to protect you slightly against infection... but as I say, the protection from severe symptoms is perhaps more important.

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/healthandsocialcare/conditionsanddiseases/articles/coronaviruscovid19/latestinsights
I was to receive the third dose in late January or early February, unfortunately, Covid got the best of me and now I can't. Certainly, the most important thing about vaccines is to prevent serious illness, which could potentially even lead to hospitalisation in an ICU unit or even death.

I was found to have contracted the Delta variant, hopefully, the symptoms weren't that bad, I've honestly felt worse with past sicknesses.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Cnut237
Legendary

View Profile
January 23, 2022, 05:13:05 PM
Merited by Ultegra134 (1)

I was found to have contracted the Delta variant, hopefully, the symptoms weren't that bad, I've honestly felt worse with past sicknesses.
[...]
I was to receive the third dose in late January or early February, unfortunately, Covid got the best of me and now I can't.

The chart above is from the UK, from the second half of December, when Omicron was sweeping the country. You can see that the factor that conferred the highest protection (from Omicron) for this dataset was having had previously contracted the Delta variant... so if Omicron sweeps through your country soon, then it looks like you should have some decent protection. So that's some good news.

Anyway, most important is that you've recovered.

Ultegra134

View Profile
January 23, 2022, 06:26:35 PM

[...]
I was to receive the third dose in late January or early February, unfortunately, Covid got the best of me and now I can't.

The chart above is from the UK, from the second half of December, when Omicron was sweeping the country. You can see that the factor that conferred the highest protection (from Omicron) for this dataset was having had previously contracted the Delta variant... so if Omicron sweeps through your country soon, then it looks like you should have some decent protection. So that's some good news.

Anyway, most important is that you've recovered.
Thank you, that's good news, I thought I would be susceptible to the Omicron variant, due to being infected with the Delta previously, don't know why but it sounded plausible in my head. Omicron is currently sweeping the country here too, but till a few weeks ago, the analogy between Omicron and Delta was said to be 60/40 -70/30. Chances are, it has increased dramatically now.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
January 23, 2022, 08:32:31 PM
Merited by suchmoon (1)

Add this issue on top of omicron being so genetically distant from the original strain, you have useless vaccines in terms of stopping transmission.
The covid vaccines approved for use in the US have shown to reduce the risk of serious illness and death. So they are not totally useless, but they are not going to slow down transmission. The reduced risk of serious illness should reduce the strain on the hospital and healthcare system.
Cnut237
Legendary

View Profile
January 23, 2022, 10:43:25 PM

The covid vaccines approved for use in the US [...] are not going to slow down transmission.
Pfizer is approved in the US though, surely? Do you disagree with the chart I shared a couple of posts before yours? Data from the UK are pretty conclusive that vaccines do slow transmission.

The reduced risk of serious illness should reduce the strain on the hospital and healthcare system.
Reduce relative to what?

To what the strain would have been if no-one had been vaccinated? This is clearly not the case, see above.

Or to what the strain was with the previous wave, with a variant that produced (on average) more severe symptoms? Well, maybe, a lower percentage risk is one factor, but we also need to consider overall case numbers, yes? Which vaccination helps to reduce.
Hypothetical figures to illustrate the point:
If Delta has a 10% chance of hospitalisation, and 10m people catch it, then 1m hospitalised.
If Omicron has a 5% chance of hospitalisation, and 30m people catch it, then 1.5m hospitalised, so greater strain on the system despite a lower percentage risk.

Also, the actual trend:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/dec/30/covid-uk-coronavirus-cases-deaths-and-vaccinations-today

Mometaskers

Activity: 1764
Merit: 584

View Profile
January 25, 2022, 06:38:56 PM

I hope you've recovered by now. I did heard in the news that Delta confers some resistance to the Omicron variant, let's just hope that that is really the case.
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
January 25, 2022, 08:02:12 PM

Looks like 'omicron' is just one of the candidates from earlier lab work which wasn't chosen for the initial release:

https://www.bitchute.com/video/sccIh1ckPz5l/

Logic dictates that there are probably hundreds of these which can be pulled off the shelf for use in one circumstance or another.

Since there is zero interest in tracking down where any of them came from the cycle of new releases and quarterly boosters is likely to repeat to infinity.  Or until the population gets down to where the folks running this thing wish it to be.  Likely well below half a billion based on various statements, writings, monuments, etc.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
Smartvirus
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1108

View Profile
January 25, 2022, 08:39:53 PM

The only way to protect yourself against contracting the virus is to avoid situations where you might get in contact with it.
Practice physical distancing, wash hands and face after each exposure, wear PPE everywhere when in public. 
Do not eat or drink in public, etc.
Of all that could be said about the Covid-19 pandemic and all the evolving strains and vaccines in our world today, this is the only spoken truth that seems to have worked just fine. A pandemic not yet proven extensively and still people are encouraged to take vaccines against the Covid-19 without directing it towards any particular strain is just something scary. Most pereon don't even understand what they are rong or the vaccines they are being served. All that is know is, the vaccine is for Covid-19 and that's it. Uey the disease continues to persist.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Tash

Activity: 1190
Merit: 305

Pro financial, medical liberty

View Profile
January 26, 2022, 10:56:53 AM
Last edit: January 26, 2022, 11:59:26 AM by Tash

The reward of €1.5 Million euro is still up for grabs for scientific proof the virus exists (we know it exist in idot box). Sick people does not profe a virus exist.
https://www.samueleckert.net/isolate-truth-fund/

Injecting some toxins does not protect against anything, you just die early.
The VACCINATED are infected at alarming rate
https://i.imgur.com/D473DC3.mp4

The toxic Cocktail sure is not save

Boris Johnson Could Face Criminal Charges, Says Barrister
https://www.lotuseaters.com/boris-johnson-could-face-criminal-charges-says-barrister-26-01-2022

Rockstarguy

Activity: 980
Merit: 575

God is great

View Profile
January 26, 2022, 01:45:04 PM

I think the vaccine is for prevention and not for curing the deadly disease. The only way one can protect his/herself is to take some certain health measures by isolating self from a crowded environment.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Cnut237
Legendary

View Profile
January 26, 2022, 05:20:38 PM

The reward of €1.5 Million euro is still up for grabs for scientific proof the virus exists (we know it exist in idot box). Sick people does not profe a virus exist.
https://www.samueleckert.net/isolate-truth-fund/

These people have already decided that Covid doesn't exist, and they're offering 1.5m to anyone who can prove it exists. Who determines whether or not this proof is valid? Why, the people who've decided it doesn't exist and who are "offering" a prize, of course. Utterly moronic.

He certainly should face criminal charges, and I really hope he does. The man is incompetent, self-serving and as corrupt as they come... but this is a separate issue.

Falconer
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1123

View Profile
January 26, 2022, 09:48:26 PM

I think the vaccine is for prevention and not for curing the deadly disease. The only way one can protect his/herself is to take some certain health measures by isolating self from a crowded environment.
You must have said it right. Vaccines are a preventive measure to increase the recipient's immune system from viral attacks, not as a drug. It is wrong for people to think that vaccines are drugs to cure infections and they should know what vaccines are for.

Since 2020 until now I have received 3 doses of the vaccine recommended by the government and my work agency. The first and second doses were Sinovac while the third dose was Moderna (in recent months). The first 2 doses are not very effective at preventing infection as some people are still infected after get those 2 doses, but I have not heard that those who have taken 3 doses have also been infected.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
Gyfts
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 1512

View Profile
January 26, 2022, 10:28:28 PM

So they are not totally useless, but they are not going to slow down transmission. The reduced risk of serious illness should reduce the strain on the hospital and healthcare system.

I agree, my only issue is purpose of vaccination. If the goal of someone getting vaccinated is to prevent a serous case of COVID, I don't take an issue with it. However, if the they (by they, I mean doctors, public health experts, government officials) suggest that the vaccine and boosters are a way to prevent infection, then it's just a flat out lie. And so the target really should be older folks without a good immune system. They must be the focus of the vaccines, not young people or children who are not at risk for a severe case.
mu_enrico
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 2135

Slots Enthusiast & Expert

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2022, 08:59:32 AM

What you should know:
- The "vaccine" reduces the risk of people contracting and spreading the virus, but it's not 100%* since it's related to (1) efficacy, (2) waning effect, (3) age/natural immunity, and (4) COVID variant. For perspective, even if you were double jabbed, you'll have as low as 2% less risk for omicron.
- You can still spread the virus even you aren't infected (or tested negative). The virus can stay on your clothes, hair, mask, etc.

*I don't want to mention exact number since the data collected can be garbage, it's not as simple as counting death/hospitalization.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
Tash

Activity: 1190
Merit: 305

Pro financial, medical liberty

View Profile
January 27, 2022, 09:48:57 AM
Last edit: January 27, 2022, 10:24:15 AM by Tash

What you should know:
- The "vaccine" reduces the risk of people contracting and spreading the virus, but it's not 100%* since it's related to (1) efficacy, (2) waning effect, (3) age/natural immunity, and (4) COVID variant. For perspective, even if you were double jabbed, you'll have as low as 2% less risk for omicron.
- You can still spread the virus even you aren't infected (or tested negative). The virus can stay on your clothes, hair, mask, etc.

*I don't want to mention exact number since the data collected can be garbage, it's not as simple as counting death/hospitalization.

With other words what you say. Your chances of chatching a cold is reduced by 2% the risk of a earlier death (unknown long term consequences from toxic injection) increases by 98%
https://rumble.com/embed/vqqmda/?pub=4
The pandemic started a long time ago with the virus in the brain.

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: