Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 11:34:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 309 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Russian Invasion of Ukraine[In Progress]  (Read 56284 times)
xandry
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 3979

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2022, 08:41:30 AM

Not only that.  They should be confiscating all assets of Russian nationals and companies outside of Russia, period.

Western multinational companies have to leave Russia or be banned from doing business outside of Russia.

Arrest all Russian government officials outside of Russia.  UN convoy, Russian diplomats.  Confiscate their assets.

Impose a travel ban on all Russian citizens. Freeze assets of all financial institutions that use the SPFS payment system.

Cancel all flights to/from Russia.  Issue an international arrest warrant for Putin, his family, and his associates.
The most effective thing that could be done is to deport the children of Russian officials and propagandists from the United States and the European Union. Naturally, with the subsequent seizure of property. Many children of Russian officials live and study in the United States on Russian corruption money. At the same time, their parents pretend to be patriots and tell propaganda on Russian TV aimed at inciting hatred towards these countries. This data is not some kind of secret, it has been on the Internet for many years.
For example look this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjuNQZYqNjY
Or this which is very fresh: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJ2GC_tdmwk
It is without subtitles, but everything must be clear. Russian oppositionists constantly talked about this, but the influence of propaganda on TV is very strong.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Cnut237
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1277

View Profile
February 25, 2022, 09:36:20 AM

They should be confiscating all assets of Russian nationals and companies outside of Russia, period.

Western multinational companies have to leave Russia or be banned from doing business outside of Russia.

Arrest all Russian government officials outside of Russia.  UN convoy, Russian diplomats.  Confiscate their assets.

Impose a travel ban on all Russian citizens. Freeze assets of all financial institutions that use the SPFS payment system.

Cancel all flights to/from Russia.  Issue an international arrest warrant for Putin, his family, and his associates.

The question I suppose is how much does any of this actually harm Russia, and does it harm the west too?
Putin isn't really dependent on a network of allies, I would assume that Russian government officials are mostly replaceable 'yes men'.
An international travel ban, cancelling flights etc., would probably be met with a shrug of the shoulders. Russia would respond tit-for-tat by banning all western flights over its own ludicrously vast airspace, which would hurt the west.
An arrest warrant probably wouldn't bother him either.
Blocking Russian gas/oil sales harms the west.
Trying to cut Russia out of the financial system means they'll probably just cozy up to China some more.

I'm certainly no expert on any of this, just trying to understand what his limits are or what possible western response could cause him any concern at all. The only thing is NATO countries sending in troops, which seems very unlikely. So what's left? The west providing background support to the Ukranians, leading to some horrible attritional war that could continue indefinitely.

im posible

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 25, 2022, 09:48:17 AM

Why does every war always involve America in it and act like a 'hero' for an oppressed and weak country? Is it true that America wants to help Ukraine to avoid war? Or is it America that wants this war to happen so that its influence can expand and it can bring down Russia without sacrificing its own people by 'choosing' the location of the war in Ukraine? Brilliant Scenario supported by Media that is easy to pay, perfect!

│▌            p a y M e            ▐│         ►  FACEBOOK      ►  TWITTER      ►  INSTAGRAM
TRIVIA QUIZ CONSOLE   |   ...Empowering Futures For All
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬   Powered by BOUNTY DETECTIVE   ▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PrimeNumber7 (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1899

Amazon Prime Member #7

View Profile
February 25, 2022, 10:09:28 AM
Merited by xandry (2)

I told you so.
You were right about where Russia's military was going to attack from. We will see if Putin stops with Ukraine or if he continues west.

The information on what's happening is very spotty. Is it possible that Russia "only" did some airstrikes, but they're not going to send in any ground troops outside of the eastern territories? I heard a rumor that Putin gave Zelenskyy an ultimatum to cede eastern Ukraine within 12 hours or else Putin would continue with a full invasion, but I don't know if this comes from a reliable source.
I think this would be unlikely. Before the attacks started, Zelensky tried calling Putin, but he did not answer, and Zelensky had publicly stated that he would be willing to negotiate for peace. I don't see any reason why Putin wouldn't make this demand before starting military action, as starting military action is risky, even for a dictator. Being that there has been an insurgency in eastern Ukraine for years now, I don't think Zelensky would have been strongly opposed to giving eastern Ukraine in exchange for peace.

There are reports of a Russian "hit squad" whose intentions are to kill Zelensky and his family. If these reports are accurate, it would remove credence to Putin offering peace in exchange for Eastern Ukraine. Or at least that any such offer would be credible.

It'd definitely be possible for Ukraine to fight off Russia with a years-long insurgency. The West will be giving them endless supplies, so Russia would have a much harder time than the US had against Afghanistan, for example. But I don't know if the Ukrainians have the will to fight Russia for years, and I don't know that I'd even recommend that they do so, since the costs of this sort of insurgency would be so high.
The Russian economy is approximately 1.5% the size of the US economy. I don't think Russia would be able to finance a years-long insurgency the same way that the US did in Afghanistan. Sanctions against Russia will make it more difficult to continue to finance any war in Ukraine or elsewhere in eastern Eurpoe. Russia's big stick is its large stockpile of nukes. If not for their nukes, a war against Russia would be trivial to win because they lack the manufacturing capacity to continue to produce weapons that are needed for war.

The Ukraine government has asked its citizens to make Molotov cocktails. If citizens make these (and use them against the Russian military) in large enough numbers, the invasion would quickly get expensive for Russia in terms of soldiers and military equipment.

Russia was able to take control of the Chernobyl nuclear power plant that is currently decommissioned. Putin likely wants control over this site because it would potentially provide an easy path to Kiev.

There were anti-war protests in Russia yesterday (Thursday), which is especially noteworthy because Russia does not tolerate dissent.

Biden was reportedly presented with options to launch a cyber-attack against Russia in response to the invasion of Ukraine.

In what may or may not be related, the hacking group "Anonymous" has said they are in the process of attacking Russia via cyber attacks. This raises the question if "Anonymous" is actually an apparatus of the US intelligence agencies and/or US government.
iamsheikhadil

Activity: 1022
Merit: 133

View Profile
February 25, 2022, 11:29:41 AM

It is so hard to see these heart breaking news, specially after when the whole world saw a corona wave which was a threat to all of us human beings beyond all imaginary national borders, the common people of all countries should voice together against all types of wars. Politics and ego will kill humanity faster than what meteorites did to dinosaurs. Hopefully peace prevails!  Lips sealed Roll Eyes
Cnut237
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1277

View Profile
February 25, 2022, 12:17:10 PM

Russian Grand Prix cancelled!
Russia stripped of Champions League final, which will now be played in Paris!
How'd ya like that, Putin?

The west stands with you, Ukraine (albeit several thousand miles away, in absolute safety).

This is the about the extent of the response so far, which highlights the powerlessness of the west. Nothing to stop Putin, nor even to encourage him to slow down.

Mometaskers

Activity: 1764
Merit: 584

View Profile
February 25, 2022, 02:58:06 PM

And here we're starting to see what could be the beginning of WW3. Ukraine's mistake was not joining NATO soon enough, now it can't be guaranteed anything.

I'm glad no one I've seen online so far is buying the "peacekeeping" bullshit. We all knew this is gonna happen after they invaded and annexed Crimea. Putin saw the West in disarray (thank you Rona) and struck. If you think about it, this is probably his last best chance to capture any significant amount of land before things go back to "normal".
NATO isn't going to step in, in fears of causing a larger scale attack towards other NATO countries. Russia's invasion isn't justifiable, more than 50 deaths have already been recorded, with multiple injuries. To be honest, I didn't expect Putin to go that far, however, it wasn't unexpected, since it has already happened in the past, with Crimea in 2014.

Unfortunately, I don't see Putin stopping anytime soon, this war will have serious consequences not only in human lives, but also financial for the whole European countries.

Coverage of the invasion is still spotty. I've seen a vid showing what appears to be Russian tanks just north of Kyiv. Sadly, Ukraine does seem to be alone in this. If NATO is ever supporting them, it'll be secretly by just sending arms but I don't think that would do anything if Kyiv itself falls and that looks more and more possible with each passing day.

The west stands with you, Ukraine (albeit several thousand miles away, in absolute safety).

This is the about the extent of the response so far, which highlights the powerlessness of the west. Nothing to stop Putin, nor even to encourage him to slow down.

This comment reminded me of Steven Spielberg's hilarious ignorant take.  Grin And that photo of the army fems/transfem in a meeting that got memed. I bet when Putin saw that he pissed himself -- out of laughter.
Similificator

Activity: 882
Merit: 403

View Profile
February 25, 2022, 03:01:44 PM

This is really getting more and more out of control. Putin doesn't really show any signs of backing down and is seemingly very determined to see this through no matter what the west does. I really pity the soldiers from both sides, their families that they have to leave behind and may never go back to along with all the Ukrainian people specially the children for being in this mess between two massive forces and their big egos. Looking at how things are right now, both sides seem to be testing the patience and the extent in which the other is willing to go just to win or protect their ego. I just wish that this does not get any bigger than how it really is and gets settled as peacefully as possible in the soonest for the sake of the innocent people being involved.
Ultegra134

Activity: 1540
Merit: 744

View Profile
February 25, 2022, 03:04:00 PM

Agreed, any sanctions in an effort to slow down or discourage Putin are vague and completely pointless. Putin isn't going to stop, while the West is afraid of provoking a larger scale war in case they interfere, such measures are simply for show, yes they might hurt Russia financially, but this attack was premeditated, Putin has taken into account such repercussions while he knew that the west wouldn't stop him.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Mometaskers

Activity: 1764
Merit: 584

View Profile
February 25, 2022, 03:51:04 PM

OK guys, this just showed up in my feed. It looks like the end is near for Ukraine. Pathetic response from EU. Sorry Ukraine, we the world failed you.

https://youtu.be/u3ZwTbhTkQE
PrimeNumber7 (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1899

Amazon Prime Member #7

View Profile
February 25, 2022, 04:22:17 PM

There is a report that Russia is willing to have peace talks with Ukrainian leadership.

Separately, western governments are saying that it appears the invasion is moving more slowly than Russia had anticipated.
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2022, 05:08:15 PM
Merited by xandry (2)

There is a report that Russia is willing to have peace talks with Ukrainian leadership.

Except their condition for talks is "neutrality", by which they mean demilitarization, which is what they're claiming to be doing now. So it doesn't change or stop the invasion. It's just propaganda for Russian people ("look, we're offering to avoid bloodshed if Ukraine gives up").
merchantofzeny

Activity: 1036
Merit: 279

View Profile
February 25, 2022, 05:25:40 PM

Separately, western governments are saying that it appears the invasion is moving more slowly than Russia had anticipated.

Considering they're basically on the outskirts of Kyiv right now, it'll be more likely that they'd force the current government to step down and replace it with one more friendly towards Russia. That is the best case scenario. It's still possible that they'd just outright annex Ukraine.
coolcoinz
Legendary

Activity: 2604
Merit: 1102

View Profile
February 25, 2022, 07:22:49 PM

I told you so.
You were right about where Russia's military was going to attack from. We will see if Putin stops with Ukraine or if he continues west.
West is going to be hard because Poland is in the EU and NATO and houses a lot of US troops and weapons. Killing US troops on Polish soil would basically mean a war with the USA which Russia cannot win. Also, attacking the EU would mean attacking neighboring countries with pretty significant striking power like Sweden (good air force), UK (nuclear submarines), and so on. Based on what Putin is doing right now which is murdering civilians for no reason, I can't definitely say he won't try it, but it would be a suicidal move.
The only possible move would be to go North to the Baltic States, but I doubt he'd be able to wage war there and hold Ukraine at the same time.

Markinzo

Activity: 336
Merit: 41

View Profile
February 25, 2022, 08:38:10 PM

Owing to the NATO agreement of non_expansion and recent developments, I just want to ask that, if you were to be in Vladimir's position what will you do?
LTU_btc
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1330

Slava Ukraini!

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2022, 09:30:24 PM
Last edit: February 25, 2022, 09:43:24 PM by LTU_btc
Merited by xandry (2)

I just want to say that's good that Ukraine have true leader, which is their president Volodymyr Zelenskyy:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0-Yeqh4PFY
He isn't hiding anywhere or didn't ruined away from country. He is doing for his country everything what he can, despite that he now is target no. 1 for Russia. There is unofficial information that today in talks with Western leaders he said that it may be last time when they see him alive.
Also, former president, billionaire Petro Poroshenko also didn't run away like many oligarchs. Today he was on Kyiv streets with riffle:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEemYjYRYsg

Not only that.  They should be confiscating all assets of Russian nationals and companies outside of Russia, period.

You're right, thanks for expanding my point. But considering how things are developping, it won't happen. Europe rather will buy more gas from Russia, rather than imposing serious sanctions.

They also banned Russia from Eurovision song contest.It definitely will stop Putin.
Ukraine were left alone. But West don't understand that Ukraine may be not final destination for Russia.

The Ukraine government has asked its citizens to make Molotov cocktails. If citizens make these (and use them against the Russian military) in large enough numbers, the invasion would quickly get expensive for Russia in terms of soldiers and military equipment.
I don't think so. I think that it may end with more deaths of civil people. People wth Molotov cocktails in hands and no war experience can't do much damage to professional army. While Russian army may start not to pay attention whether it's Ukrainian soldiers or civil people and attack them.

Why does every war always involve America in it and act like a 'hero' for an oppressed and weak country? Is it true that America wants to help Ukraine to avoid war? Or is it America that wants this war to happen so that its influence can expand and it can bring down Russia without sacrificing its own people by 'choosing' the location of the war in Ukraine? Brilliant Scenario supported by Media that is easy to pay, perfect!
Offcourse, US started war in Ukraine, who else... Russia simply had no choice other than invasion of Ukraine. What a bulshit...

coolcoinz
Legendary

Activity: 2604
Merit: 1102

View Profile
February 25, 2022, 09:43:01 PM

It's a lie by Putin.
He wanted to buy time because his forces are trying to locate Ukrainian president and his family and kill them. At least that's what Ukrainian intelligence said a few hours after Putin's press secretary claimed they're open to peace talks and guess what, another couple hours later Putin says that press secretary acted independently and he doesn't really want to discuss anything else but a total capitulation.

icopress
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 7774

light_warrior ... 🕯️

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2022, 10:45:37 PM
Last edit: February 25, 2022, 11:03:45 PM by icopress
Merited by theymos (20), OgNasty (10), xandry (10), 1miau (10), LoyceV (8), o_e_l_e_o (8), Welsh (6), d5000 (2), Pmalek (2), Cnut237 (2), Ultegra134 (2), julian071 (2), Hueristic (1), LTU_btc (1), BlackHatCoiner (1)

The information on what's happening is very spotty. [...]
Perhaps this will give you a more detailed picture of the current situation ...

Just yesterday, I managed to pick up some members of my family from Kyiv and moved them to the south of the country, but unfortunately I see real operational reports that say that columns of Russian equipment are moving closer to my house (despite 3,000 dead).

And I cannot describe what pain is in my heart because I am from the region where they speak and think in Russian, moreover, until yesterday, I had a normal attitude towards Russia, since every second family in Ukraine has close relatives in a brotherly country. I think when I fully take care of the safety of my family, I will also consider all possible options for protecting my land.

At the moment, battles are being fought near Kiev with sabotage groups and the regular army of Russia, but it is unlikely that Kyiv will be captured, since, according to my calculations, at least 20,000 volunteers received weapons in the last 24 hours.

These are videos from the last couple of hours.

Map of hostilities at 21.00 UTC

Today I helped to build a protective structure of concrete blocks.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
af_newbie
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1468

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2022, 02:54:57 AM

I'm sorry, but maybe my family and I will die tomorrow if the world does nothing, so
Ban Russia from SWIFT! Protect Ukrainian Sky! Send NATO to Ukraine! #BanRussiafromSwift #CloseTheSky #SendNatoToUkraine
 you can ban me if you think it's necessary!!!

You can thank Germany for blocking the removal of Russia from the SWIFT payment system.

Germans are implicit in the atrocities done by this Soviet regime.

Zlantann
Legendary

Activity: 840
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 26, 2022, 05:38:00 AM
Merited by theymos (1)

I'm sorry, but maybe my family and I will die tomorrow if the world does nothing, so
Ban Russia from SWIFT! Protect Ukrainian Sky! Send NATO to Ukraine! #BanRussiafromSwift #CloseTheSky #SendNatoToUkraine
 you can ban me if you think it's necessary!!!

You can thank Germany for blocking the removal of Russia from the SWIFT payment system

Removing Russia from SWIFT will hurt Europe more than Russia. And US and its Allies are scared that Russia might seek alternative payment system from China which would make the US loose its position as the leader of International Interbank Transaction.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 309 »
  Print  

Jump to: