Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 09:09:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Invest in Luxury NFTs from big brands - good long term investment  (Read 71 times)
luxurynfts (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 24, 2022, 11:11:10 PM

Instead of wasting money buying altcoins and random NFT's why not invest in limited edition NFTs from well known brands like Nike, Gucci, Paco Rabanne and Louis Vuitton which will hold value. Long term surely these are better investments, limited edition, good luxury brand.

Nike NFTs:

Buy virtual trainer NFTS
https://rtfkt.com/

Gucci NFT:

Gucci will launch NFTS in feb under
https://www.coindesk.com/business/2022/01/24/gucci-taps-toy-brand-superplastic-to-drop-10-supergucci-nfts-in-february/

Selfridges to launch Paco Rabanne and Vasarely NFTs :

https://opensea.io/selfridges

Louse Vuitton NFT can be found in game:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.louisvuitton.LV200&hl=en_GB&gl=US

While the market is down, its good to diversify. Buy some quality NFTS instead of dodgy altcoins that may be worth peanuts in the near future.

I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Erdogan
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005

View Profile
January 24, 2022, 11:15:55 PM

Instead of wasting money buying altcoins and random NFT's why not invest in limited edition NFTs from well known brands like Nike, Gucci, Paco Rabanne and Louis Vuitton which will hold value. Long term surely these are better investments, limited edition, good luxury brand.

The proposal seems interesting and I will definitely take a closer look at it. However, I am not doing very well in the NFT market. Could you please explain to me how you guarantee that the value of some digital image will be stable, or will grow? As far as I know, the value can stay or increase if there are people who want to buy it. What if the NFT hype ends?
luxurynfts (OP)

View Profile
January 24, 2022, 11:29:20 PM

Well your not just buying a NFT but a branded item. If you look at any Gucci, Lousie Vuitton, Paco Rabanne classic, they always hold their value.  I guess by buying into an already established brand, you hope that makes the NFT hold its value, and even become a classic in the near future. 

buying a random NFT from a random person, will not have this effect. This is not financial advise, but just something i came across while looking at NFTs.  You would rather buy a rolex and hold it fo 10 years, knowing Rolex has a great brand than buy some random watch .

I would only go fo limited editions, as that way you keep the uniqueness. The Selfridges NFT sale for example as minting set to 10 copies for some etc.
24Kt

Activity: 1092
Merit: 67

View Profile
January 24, 2022, 11:34:02 PM

The proposal seems interesting and I will definitely take a closer look at it. However, I am not doing very well in the NFT market. Could you please explain to me how you guarantee that the value of some digital image will be stable, or will grow? As far as I know, the value can stay or increase if there are people who want to buy it. What if the NFT hype ends?

No one can assure you their future value. But you are just hoping here that they will hold or at least increase its worth in the market as time goes by. Even if it comes from known luxury brands, we don't know the future of NFT. What if in the future, it will fetch cheaper price because no one is interested to buy the item. No one can guarantee its possible long-term value in the market. If you want to purchase, purchase it because you believe its potential but if your instincts is saying just because of riding the hype, you will regret hard if this hype will be over in the future.
luxurynfts (OP)

View Profile
January 25, 2022, 12:01:49 AM

I think you miss the point. Anything these luxury brands make, over time, become collectibles.  People dont want the NFT itself, but specifically want it because its a "Gucci" or "LV" NFT.  Its the brand that will hold the value, hence buying a branded NFT, you are hopeing for the NFT value to go up, but if it doesnt, you are hoping for someone who likes the brand and is a collector to buy it in the future. in this was, these NFTs surely are better investments over some random nft?
aruldaroy

Activity: 686
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 25, 2022, 04:38:41 AM

If the NFT hype ends, of course, all investors who have invested in NFT will lose all their assets.
It's the same thing as we sail on the wide sea with one buoy grip on us when the buoy is released then our lives will end there because we have no other grip.
luxurynfts (OP)

View Profile
January 25, 2022, 06:40:58 PM

Agree,hence why i've buying banded NFTS.   The Nike virtual trainers and limited edition Paco Rabanne stuff will defo hold their value.

https://opensea.io/selfridges
JayTrain

Activity: 1092
Merit: 105

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
January 25, 2022, 07:19:56 PM

it looks attractive for investment, but it seems to me that the NFTs of ordinary people, not quite famous, but with their fresh ideas, have been selling best lately, and everything is not predictable in the NFT market, you don't know what kind of artist's work will be in the top, it's a matter of chance.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: