Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 12:01:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: OPERATION: What is Bitcoin? - A Massive Bitcoin Twitter Campaign  (Read 5203 times)
Harvey (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2011, 07:46:28 PM

While Atlas has failed in many endeavors, making an ad campaign on feedzebirds cannot possibly fail, and might even have an effect.  He actually went and did something, and nobody should point and laugh at him for doing so.

I've failed? Interesting. I don't recall ever costing anybody anything nor significantly sacrificing on my part.

Sure, I didn't complete what I had intended in many cases; I do that daily. I never consider it failure. I consider it life. Failure to me is true loss and that has yet to be seen.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
December 09, 2011, 07:54:08 PM

While Atlas has failed in many endeavors, making an ad campaign on feedzebirds cannot possibly fail, and might even have an effect.  He actually went and did something, and nobody should point and laugh at him for doing so.

FeedZeBirds runs on Bitcoin and anyone can place an ad campaign there. What's so special about the tweet Atlas wrote?

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
Harvey (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2011, 07:57:01 PM

While Atlas has failed in many endeavors, making an ad campaign on feedzebirds cannot possibly fail, and might even have an effect.  He actually went and did something, and nobody should point and laugh at him for doing so.

FeedZeBirds runs on Bitcoin and anyone can place an ad campaign there. What's so special about the tweet Atlas wrote?

I took the initiative to invest 5 Bitcoins in the campaign and solicit over 15 Bitcoins in donations from the forum. I solicited 4chan and other corners of the web to get various tweeters. Mind you, nobody had done a campaign like this before.

I think I did a mighty fine job. I'm proud of the value that I am creating.
ineededausername

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

bitcoin hundred-aire

View Profile
December 09, 2011, 07:58:23 PM

While Atlas has failed in many endeavors, making an ad campaign on feedzebirds cannot possibly fail, and might even have an effect.  He actually went and did something, and nobody should point and laugh at him for doing so.

I've failed? Interesting. I don't recall ever costing anybody anything nor significantly sacrificing on my part.

Sure, I didn't complete what I had intended in many cases; I do that daily. I never consider it failure. I consider it life. Failure to me is true loss and that has yet to be seen.

Well, the problem is that you never follow through on any projects you propose.  I see that as failure when you do it more than 10 times and just sit on your ass the whole time.

Thanks for actually doing something this time, though Smiley

(BFL)^2 < 0
Harvey (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2011, 08:00:46 PM

Well, the problem is that you never follow through on any projects you propose.  I see that as failure when you do it more than 10 times and just sit on your ass the whole time.

I do follow through on some projects. I may do it half-way most of time but I still gain knowledge and experience. I hate to make excuses but I live a pretty painful life. My depression and anxiety don't treat me too kindly. I am proud of the efforts I sustain regardless of the milestones they reach.
ineededausername

Activity: 784

bitcoin hundred-aire

View Profile
December 09, 2011, 08:02:25 PM

I do follow through on some projects. I may do it half-way most of time but I still gain knowledge and experience. I hate to make excuses but I live a pretty painful life. My depression and anxiety don't treat me too kindly. I am proud of the efforts I sustain regardless of the milestones they reach.

What use is knowledge and experience if, in your parlance, they aren't put to use by creating value for people?
I'm all for learning from mistakes, but when you've tried 10 times and succeeded 0 times, that's a problem.

(BFL)^2 < 0
Harvey (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2011, 08:05:03 PM

Well, the problem is that you never follow through on any projects you propose.  I see that as failure when you do it more than 10 times and just sit on your ass the whole time.

What use is knowledge and experience if, in your parlance, they aren't put to use by creating value for people?
I'm all for learning from mistakes, but when you've tried 10 times and succeeded 0 times, that's a problem.

They are of use to me and my friends gain value from seeing me make efforts and building myself. The value may not be tangible to you but that's hardly an issue on my end.

In addition, I've succeeded every time. I was living, perceiving and acting within my nature. I can do no better than act within my nature. That is a sentient being's only duty. It's success all around in my eyes. I see no problem.

My efforts will grow all in good time. I am not worried.
FlipPro
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1015

View Profile
December 10, 2011, 03:05:52 AM

Atlas has never begged for money, last I checked. I haven't seen him under his original name for awhile now. I wonder if that alias will ever come back?
You're Atlas LOL...

Why try to hide from us all the time?    Smiley Be yourself...
Harvey (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2011, 03:10:18 AM

Atlas has never begged for money, last I checked. I haven't seen him under his original name for awhile now. I wonder if that alias will ever come back?
You're Atlas LOL...

I've never enjoyed attention.
FlipPro
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1015

View Profile
December 10, 2011, 03:15:27 AM

You're Atlas LOL...

That is so not true, and we both know that.  Grin
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2011, 05:46:03 PM

You're Atlas LOL...

Actual, your statement may not be true. Atlas said that he never enjoyed attention. It doesn't mean he doesn't go out of his way to get it. I look forward to clarification on this, Harv.
Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2011, 05:51:11 PM

You're Atlas LOL...

Actual, your statement may not be true. Atlas said that he never enjoyed attention. It doesn't mean he doesn't go out of his way to get it. I look forward to clarification on this, Harv.

I remember reading something about liking really rough sex. Maybe it's like that...
Serge
Legendary

Activity: 1050

View Profile
December 10, 2011, 06:32:23 PM
Last edit: December 10, 2011, 06:59:04 PM by Serge

i love hearing kids suffering from depression - get off your lazy ass and go play outside, better yet join some bootcamp type of  physical activity. it's the best medicine from melancholy and depression. stop pitying yourself like there's nothing you can do about it unless you are a disabled person.  and yeah constantly hyping expectations on new initiatives without delivery is equal to failure even if you don't think so people will stop taking you seriously.

good luck!
Harvey (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2011, 07:28:13 PM

This really writes itself. In the end, I don't care what you guys think about me.
Serge
Legendary

Activity: 1050

View Profile
December 10, 2011, 07:46:50 PM

time for a  new nick change Wink
Harvey (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2011, 07:54:02 PM

What should I call the next one? Any suggestions?
Jalum

Activity: 774
Merit: 500

Look ARROUND!

View Profile
December 10, 2011, 08:22:12 PM

I do follow through on some projects. I may do it half-way most of time but I still gain knowledge and experience.

That means you failed.  But that's ok, because failure is part of life.  It's the folks who constantly try to redefine success so it applies to them that make nothing of their lives.

I hate to make excuses but I live a pretty painful life. My depression and anxiety don't treat me too kindly. I am proud of the efforts I sustain regardless of the milestones they reach.

It gets better™.

█████████████████
         ███ ██     █     ██ ███
       ██ █████     █     █████ ██
     ███   █   █  █████  █   █   ███
   ███     █    ███ █ ███    █     ███
  ██  ███ ██ ███    █    ███ ██ ███  ██
  ██     ████       █      █████     ██
 ███   ██ █  ███    █    ███  █ ██   ███
 █ █ ██   █     ██  █  ██     █   ██ █ █
█████     █       █████       █     █████
 █ █ ██   █   ████  █  ████   █   ██ █ █
 ███   ████ ██      █      ██ ████   ███
  ██  █  █████      █      █████  █  ██
  ██ ██   ██ ████   █  ████  ██   ██ ██
   ██      █     ██████      █     ███
     ████  █   ██████████    █  ████
       ██ █████     █    ██████ ██
         ███  ██    █   ███  ███
            █████████████████
ARROUND

Telegram
ANN Thread
Bounty Thread
Whitepaper
Harvey (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2011, 09:27:42 PM

So failure is success.
paraipan
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: 1pirata

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2011, 11:54:07 PM

So failure is success.

...every time you remember not to do it again  Cheesy

BTCitcoin: An Idea Worth Saving - Q&A with bitcoins on rugatu.com - Check my rep
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: