Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 09:05:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Make more than $32k? You are a one percenter  (Read 2569 times)
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 04:24:53 AM

According to http://www.globalrichlist.com/ if you make more than $32,000 you are among the richest people in the world.

Also if you have more than 1400 bitcoins you can consider yourself among the wealthiest 1% in the world along with the Rockafellers and Venderbuilts.

This is a clear reminder of how poor most of the world is.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
counter

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

Time is on our side, yes it is!

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 04:40:36 AM

According to http://www.globalrichlist.com/ if you make more than $32,000 you are among the richest people in the world.

Also if you have more than 1400 bitcoins you can consider yourself among the wealthiest 1% in the world along with the Rockafellers and Venderbuilts.

Oh wow that was so well put that I had to quote it and point out for anyone else who may have missed your post.  That is such a great example of how bad things really are.  I commend you for hitting the nail right on the head.
boumalo
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1018

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2014, 04:45:48 AM

Oh wow that was so well put that I had to quote it and point out for anyone else who may have missed your post.  That is such a great example of how bad things really are.  I commend you for hitting the nail right on the head.

-If you are interested by the subject watch this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znpjVWNjym0 and tell me if you learn something

It shows you that people earning less than 1$/day have a very different life from people earning 5$/day

-In 1947 the average salary in purchasing power and after taxes was higher than it is today in the states : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHDcl5aiGus

Without the spending of the state corruption and bad government regulations, the average salary would be WELL over 100,000$ after taxes

counter

Activity: 798

Time is on our side, yes it is!

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 04:52:53 AM

I will definitely be checking out that link and will let you know my thoughts many thanks for the link !
Elwar (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2384

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2014, 07:39:09 AM

I am glad there are so many one percenters here who have more money than you need and will soon be giving away most of it to the 99%.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
rosechose00

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 01:01:41 PM
Last edit: April 09, 2014, 07:21:51 AM by rosechose00

Also bare in mind the truly wealthiest persons on the planet you would never find on any public list. Their wealth alone dwarfs those of the public known riches.

Yes, of course.
Countless trillions of dollars in wealth are just sitting around somewhere and no one's ever noticed them or wondered about them.
Totally plausible!
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 08:08:09 PM

Cost of living does not seem to factor in that argument at all.  Someone who makes $5000 a year in Guatemala or Nepal arguably has a higher quality of living than someone barely scraping by on a working class (less than $40K) income in a developed country.

$32K a year in Los Angeles and New York is only going to get you a moldy basement with roommates or a dingbat apartment built back in the 1950s.   Whereas you can live like a king in a lot of third world countries at a $100 to $300 a month budget.

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
nottm28

Activity: 574

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 08:22:56 PM

That makes sense. Just not a 1% in the US.

This forum is worlwide my friend - welcome to 'also outside the US'...

donations not accepted
TaunSew

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 08:37:03 PM

It's irreverent and it's one of those propaganda articles to convince poor working class people in the United States that they're rich, even though someone making $20K in a third world country has a superior standard of living.

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
boumalo
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1018

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2014, 08:53:35 PM

Cost of living does not seem to factor in that argument at all.  Someone who makes $5000 a year in Guatemala or Nepal arguably has a higher quality of living than someone barely scraping by on a working class (less than $40K) income in a developed country.

$32K a year in Los Angeles and New York is only going to get you a moldy basement with roommates or a dingbat apartment built back in the 1950s.   Whereas you can live like a king in a lot of third world countries at a $100 to $300 a month budget.

You need to take into account the cost of living and compare the revenue after taxes

The world has never been so wealthy, tens to hundreds of millions of persons go out of extreme poverty every year; 1billion persons went out of extreme poverty in asia in a few decades

TaunSew

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 09:11:17 PM

You need to take into account the cost of living and compare the revenue after taxes

The world has never been so wealthy, tens to hundreds of millions of persons go out of extreme poverty every year; 1billion persons went out of extreme poverty in asia in a few decades

And the proof is..?  Anyone can manipulate statistics to make it look like anything is happening.   The only thing which has happened is increasing urbanization and I don't know if I would characterize that as an end to poverty.  It's arguably better for people to live in rural villages with their own homes than to crowd people into slums and urban sprawls.

nottm28

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 09:36:38 PM

It's irreverent and it's one of those propaganda articles to convince poor working class people in the United States that they're rich, even though someone making $20K in a third world country has a superior standard of living.

Code:
irreverent:
    showing a lack of respect for people or things that are generally taken seriously.

Hmm, not wanting to be irreverent, I think your post is...

Code:
irrelevant:
    not connected with or relevant to something

donations not accepted
TaunSew

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 09:41:36 PM

Code:
irreverent:
    showing a lack of respect for people or things that are generally taken seriously.

Code:
irrelevant:

No I intended to use the word irreverent.  These sort of articles are often printed with the intent of making Americans look privileged, when in reality there's many poor people in America.

nottm28

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 09:45:10 PM

Code:
irreverent:

Code:
irrelevant:

No I intended to use the word irreverent.  These sort of articles are often printed with the intent of making Americans look privileged, when in reality there's many poor people in America.

Then I don't see how my post (pointing out to a seemingly isolated USA citizen that world is bigger than the USA) is irreverent - where was my lack of respect for people or things...

donations not accepted
TaunSew

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 09:52:47 PM

Code:
irreverent:

Code:
irrelevant:

No I intended to use the word irreverent.  These sort of articles are often printed with the intent of making Americans look privileged, when in reality there's many poor people in America.

Then I don't see how my post (pointing out to a seeimngly isolated USA citizen that world is bigger than the USA) is irreverent - where was my lack of respect for people or things...

Implied disrespect.  It's not the 1980s or 1960s anymore.  Quality of life and standard of living in many areas of USA is parallel or less than most areas of Europe, yet many people still think the streets are paved with gold in America.  The reality is the American dream is more likely to be found abroad than within America.   America hasn't been great since the 1980s.

Many American cities are simply terrible nowadays.  If you think America's great then go ahead and live in a typical American city like Chicago and come back to me (alive).  The reality is many American cities suffer from urban decay.

Cities like Belgrade, Sarajevo and Riga are considered "dangerous and the worse" in Europe but compared to typical American cities the "worse of Europe" beats America's best.  I'ld sooner live in Riga or Sarajevo then in Portland Oregon - I've been to all three cities in person, so my mind's made up..

nottm28

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 09:58:49 PM

Code:
irreverent:

Code:
irrelevant:

No I intended to use the word irreverent.  These sort of articles are often printed with the intent of making Americans look privileged, when in reality there's many poor people in America.

Then I don't see how my post (pointing out to a seeimngly isolated USA citizen that world is bigger than the USA) is irreverent - where was my lack of respect for people or things...

Implied disrespect.  It's not the 1980s or 1960s anymore.  Quality of life and standard of living in many areas of USA is parallel or less than most areas of Europe, yet many people still think the streets are paved with gold in America.  The reality is the American dream is more likely to be found abroad than within America.   America hasn't been great since the 1980s.

Many American cities are simply terrible nowadays.  If you think America's great then go ahead and live in a typical American city like Chicago and come back to me (alive).  The reality is many American cities suffer from urban decay.

Cities like Belgrade, Sarajevo and Riga are considered "dangerous and the worse" in Europe but compared to typical American cities the "worse of Europe" beats America's best.  I'ld sooner live in Riga or Sarajevo then in Portland Oregon.

I meant no implied disrespect and still cannot follow your train of thought in that regard. Regarding the USA as a whole, for me (UK) I think of you all as 'cousins' - but you all scare the hell out of me with your obsession with guns, love for money and war and big mcdonalds fast food obesity crisis (sorry generalising here)...

Much respect to your thinking however, at least you do that.

donations not accepted
beetcoin

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 10:08:19 PM

those numbers ignore something: cost of living. if you make 32k and live in the US, it's much more difficult to get by since your bills are high. if you lived in a 3rd world country and make $32k, then you are most certainly more wealthy than the american making 32k.
Ron~Popeil

Activity: 406

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 10:56:08 PM

Most people that make 32k or more owe at least that much in debt. It would be interesting to see where we stack up in the net worth category.

beetcoin

Activity: 434

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 11:04:29 PM

maybe most in the states.. our financial system is all leveraged on debt and the future value of money.
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 12:11:44 AM

Agreed that $32,000/year doesn't go far in many USA locations. Perhaps "one percenter" is better defined as the top 1% of the 10 or 20 wealthiest nations.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: