Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 04:50:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Which is the best to use now?  (Read 272 times)
Mpamaegbu
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1208

Once a man, twice a child!

View Profile
February 01, 2022, 04:11:33 PM

I wouldn't touch anything that has to do with apps in Satoshi's name because instinct would tell me it's a scam. How will a man who doesn't what to be found now make apps in his name a decade later. It's pure scam but sadly people don't like having a second thought around stuff like that before downloading them.

Relatedly, this relaxed check by Google on apps that get get into its playstore is becoming worrisome. I use apps from playstore a lot and I'm saddened by the fact of the preponderance of scam apps there now. This will definitely cause Google to lose trust and patronage if it's not tackled and corrected quickly.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3304
Merit: 16609

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2022, 04:23:04 PM

I wouldn't touch anything that has to do with apps in Satoshi's name because instinct would tell me it's a scam. How will a man who doesn't what to be found now make apps in his name a decade later. It's pure scam but sadly people don't like having a second thought around stuff like that before downloading them.
I always considered "SatoshiLabs" to be a tribute to Satoshi Nakamoto, I never got the impression they claim to be Satoshi.

I use apps from playstore a lot and I'm saddened by the fact of the preponderance of scam apps there now.
That's one of the reasons I install as few apps as possible, and give my phone access to as little data as possible. Even better: use a separate (old) phone for certain apps.

This will definitely cause Google to lose trust and patronage if it's not tackled and corrected quickly.
I don't think they care. Just like they don't remove phishing sites from their advertising when reported. As long as they earn from it they're not in a rush to to clean it.

Mpamaegbu
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1208

Once a man, twice a child!

View Profile
February 01, 2022, 05:15:45 PM

~snipped~
I always considered "SatoshiLabs" to be a tribute to Satoshi Nakamoto, I never got the impression they claim to be Satoshi.
Well, it's obvious now that it wasn't their intention as a tribute to the noble one. It's just a gimmick to get unsuspecting public into their web of deceit.

That's one of the reasons I install as few apps as possible, and give my phone access to as little data as possible. Even better: use a separate (old) phone for certain apps.
I should embark on this as a matter of principle, going forward.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
o_e_l_e_o
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 18510

View Profile
February 01, 2022, 08:07:47 PM

Though in my watch on downloading anything from Google play store, I don't miss the review and number of downloads.
Such things are almost meaningless. It is trivial (and not that expensive) to buy tens of thousands fake downloads or fake reviews on any platform. You really should not be basing the security of your coins on which app has the most downloads.

Well, it's obvious now that it wasn't their intention as a tribute to the noble one. It's just a gimmick to get unsuspecting public into their web of deceit.
I mean, in general I would agree with you, but SatoshiLabs are the company behind the Trezor hardware wallet, who also wrote BIP39 and BIP44, which give us seed phrases and the structure of HD wallets respectively, and are used by almost every wallet in existence. They are not a shady company by any means. Just because some scammer has used their name to trick newbies in to downloading their fake app, doesn't mean the real company are somehow implicated.
Odusko

Activity: 896
Merit: 509

Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2022, 09:10:35 PM

I came across this post How to lose your Bitcoins with CTRL-C CTRL-V in the forum, Which brought a question to my heart, is it better to use the website to download any wallet or exchange application for Android (as it is a normal thing to use for desktop/laptops) or use the Google play store which is now said to have some applications that hijacks clipboard and changes the address to the hijacker's address and when the transaction has been executed, nothing can be done to cancel the transaction (which is normal)?
First Cryptocurrency Clipboard Hijacker Found on Google Play Store
A cloned MetaMask away from the original is now a victim from the Google play store.
It is said that
The first attack method the app used was to attempt to steal the private keys and seeds of an Ethereum wallet when a user adds it to the app. When BleepingComputer analyzed the app's APK file, we found that the app contains information that can be used to send this stolen data to a Telegram account.

How can we ignore these kind of hijacking/malware application as it is now a threat to those who mostly uses Android phones?

There are a lot of safe apps that we can use in order not to loose our wallets,apps like coinbase- it is android app and its very safe,
Spare- it helps bitcoin holder to turn their bitcoin to cash easily without entering bank or using ATM. you can also use cold wallets
Cold wallets are not liable to internet,like hot wallets because hot wallets are liable to cyberattacks. Its advisable to use cold wallets instead of hot wallets. And we should try not to download apps that can exposed our devices into danger.

.Duelbits.
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
TRY OUR
  NEW  UNIQUE
GAMES!
..DICE...
███████████████████████████████
███▀▀                     ▀▀███
███    ▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄    ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███   ▀████▀       ▀████▀   ███