Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 09:48:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Blockchain scripting contest  (Read 2338 times)
telepatheic

Activity: 56
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 08:19:46 PM

I've been working on a Bitcoin Script debugger in my free time, which might be quite useful for these if they continue.

As a teaser, here's the output when I fed it the answer to Stage 2 above:
Script Debugger Preview

It can parse scripts as strings or as hexadecimal bytes.  As you can see if you look at the URL, I just pasted in the script string with very minor changes (my syntax for pushing hexadecimal numbers is different).

I've disabled any other input URLs for the moment (this one exact script in the only one it will debug), because this isn't really ready for primetime yet, but I thought you folks might be interested anyway.

Would you be able to release the source code behind this tool? The example on your site looks really neat and I'd love to have a play with it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 04:13:23 AM

Thank you for raising the awareness of Blockchain scripting.
Learning more has been added to my todo list.

kadoban

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2014, 07:26:55 AM

I've been working on a Bitcoin Script debugger in my free time, which might be quite useful for these if they continue.

As a teaser, here's the output when I fed it the answer to Stage 2 above:
Script Debugger Preview

It can parse scripts as strings or as hexadecimal bytes.  As you can see if you look at the URL, I just pasted in the script string with very minor changes (my syntax for pushing hexadecimal numbers is different).

I've disabled any other input URLs for the moment (this one exact script in the only one it will debug), because this isn't really ready for primetime yet, but I thought you folks might be interested anyway.

Would you be able to release the source code behind this tool? The example on your site looks really neat and I'd love to have a play with it.

It's likely that I will eventually; I usually wait until I'm done and bored with something though XD  I'll be finishing it up within the next week I think though, and turning it on for general scripts at least.  It's actually just about done, I just need to lock down a couple of things so people don't try to misuse it too much and add an interface for actually using it without manually typing in the URL.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: