Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 09:18:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: KnC Titan. Now 250Mhash.  (Read 2532 times)
neflihim (OP)

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 01:40:58 PM

Wow, KnC just upped the ante on the ASIC market.  Titans are now going to be at least 250MH.  Wowzers

https://www.kncminer.com/categories/litecoin-mining-hardware

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ghur

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 01:41:47 PM

"Q2/Q3" is the only thing you needed to know anyways.

Move on, there's nothing to see here.

doge: D8q8dR6tEAcaJ7U65jP6AAkiiL2CFJaHah
Automated faucet, pays daily: Qoinpro
atp1916
Legendary

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 01:43:36 PM

As i posted in another thread - assuming that each titan does 250mhs @ 10k and a Gridseed (minimum) 350khs minimum - each Gridseed would have to drop to $14-16 to match that type of khs/cost ratio. I highly doubt they can be sold at that amount for profit.

Glad i stuck to my GPUs.  When Gridseeds are worthless, my GPUs won't be.  
neflihim (OP)

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 01:44:40 PM

I hear it.  I wasn't around for the KnC bitcoin days but I have read that they aren't the best at delivering when projected.  I'm not investing in one of these until I can pay and have a product in hand.  Of course, it will probably be too late then anyway.  I have been thinking about selling everything and just buying coin at this point.
greentea
Legendary

Activity: 1418
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 01:46:53 PM

Wow  Shocked

250 MH/s ... that's some heavy hashing for $10k

the arms race has begun!

NEM   NanoWallet   SuperNodes   Apostille   Landstead   Catapult   Mijin
▃▃▃▅▅▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▅▅▅▃▃▃
atp1916
Legendary

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 01:47:52 PM

Wow  Shocked

250 MH/s ... that's some heavy hashing for $10k

Yep - keep your GPUs cause vanilla Scrypt is about to be worthless to mine(soon)!
neflihim (OP)

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 01:50:26 PM

As i posted in another thread - assuming that each titan does 250mhs @ 10k and a Gridseed (minimum) 350khs minimum - each Gridseed would have to drop to $14-16 to match that type of khs/cost ratio. I highly doubt they can be sold at that amount for profit.

Glad i stuck to my GPUs.  When Gridseeds are worthless, my GPUs won't be.  

I unfortunately sold off 1/3 of my mining rigs for Gridseeds.  If I can get a good 6 months out of them before these KnC Titans hit they will pay for themselves by electricity savings.  I knew it was a risk but my power costs were starting to kill me.
atp1916
Legendary

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 01:56:29 PM
Last edit: March 27, 2014, 02:12:51 PM by atp1916

Hell, I've actually bought more GPUs. Got 2 Gigabyte 7950s for $225 each on Fleabay.  

Believe it or not, now is a good time to be picking up cards.  I am completely anticipating vanilla Scrypt to worthless and the profitability shift to non-vanilla-Scrypt coins or not-Scrypt coins.  

However...KGW/DGW on so many of these vanilla Scrypt coins will only serve to exponentiate their individual difficulties because of the extreme amount of hash being thrown at them in such a short amount of time. Their profitable window will be tiny or non-existent.  All of the old vanilla Scrypt coins are about to get blown up.

I would dare say that Litecoin or any other non-KGW Scrypt coin may be only viable option for miners like the Titan.
decivox

Activity: 27

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 03:02:01 PM

Believe it or not, now is a good time to be picking up cards...

I agree.  Before there wasnt a damn AMD card on Kijiji in my area, only wanted ads.  This week, there have have been 10-15 cards listed for sale.  Scrypt miners are starting to get out of the game.  I think the combination of ASICS and Summer temps have scared miners into trying to recoup their money before the dump starts.
ghur

Activity: 154

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 03:13:59 PM

Believe it or not, now is a good time to be picking up cards...

I agree.  Before there wasnt a damn AMD card on Kijiji in my area, only wanted ads.  This week, there have have been 10-15 cards listed for sale.  Scrypt miners are starting to get out of the game.  I think the combination of ASICS and Summer temps have scared miners into trying to recoup their money before the dump starts.

It's all much simpler than that. The large drop in profitability has caused it.
The cause of that drop is debatable, but the cause of GPU miners exiting is pretty clear.

It isn't the threat of ASICs or summer temps. But simply profitability getting really close to dropping below the electricity costs in many regions.
Products posted by OP are very irrelevant still due to the projected release date, which will probably be late Q3... and that is even if it isn't a giant scam.

doge: D8q8dR6tEAcaJ7U65jP6AAkiiL2CFJaHah
Automated faucet, pays daily: Qoinpro
Kruncha

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 03:15:02 PM

I want one Cool

K.
Equate

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 03:17:20 PM

KNC needs $5 million of more pre-orders Tongue
greentea
Legendary

Activity: 1418
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 03:43:03 PM
Last edit: March 27, 2014, 04:01:01 PM by greentea

This is exactly how i feel, ive been mining vert for a bit aswell now do to what i expect will be a boom in the coin and a large price increase. I do see more and more coins going towards N Factor, it is obvious to keep a coin decentralized they need to keep it Asic resistant. I am just ready for more and more N factor coins so dificulty is less concentrated on Vert.

Vert is not really ASIC resistant as it still uses scrypt and ASIC's could be modified to mine this as well...

The best ASIC resistant coins are ones that use multiple/unique algos as well as random hashes. Coins like Quark, Hirocoin, EMC2(soon to be), Darkcoin etc .. as well as the POS coins like blackcoin and mintcoin, that use proof of stake to mint...

NEM   NanoWallet   SuperNodes   Apostille   Landstead   Catapult   Mijin
▃▃▃▅▅▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▅▅▅▃▃▃
ymer

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 03:44:13 PM

This just got ridiculous...
Equate

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 03:45:14 PM

This is exactly how i feel, ive been mining vert for a bit aswell now do to what i expect will be a boom in the coin and a large price increase. I do see more and more coins going towards N Factor, it is obvious to keep a coin decentralized they need to keep it Asic resistant. I am just ready for more and more N factor coins so dificulty is less concentrated on Vert.

Vert is not really ASIC resistant as it still uses scrypt and ASIC's could be modified to mine this as well...

The best ASIC resistant coins are ones that use multiple/unique algos as well as random hashes. Coins like Quark, Hirocoin, EMC2(soon to be), Darkcoin etc .. as well as the POS coins like blackcoin and mintcoin, that use proof of stake to mine.

Yes , its now a cat and dog between asic  makers and developers. GPU mining will stay as long as new algos will keep on emerging.
mkasiak

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 03:53:33 PM

I want one Cool

K.

I do not want it - it is the same risky business as with bitcoin ASICS. When these arrive to market they strive to pay themselves and electricity. It is real lottery to order it. You risk much less when you invest into coins. And you can guess, which are becoming attractive now.
IloveAnonCoin

Activity: 140

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 04:10:50 PM

The best ASIC resistant coins are ones that use multiple/unique algos as well as random hashes. Coins like Quark, Hirocoin, EMC2(soon to be), Darkcoin etc .. as well as the POS coins like blackcoin and mintcoin, that use proof of stake to mint...

Vert is REALLY ASIC resistant, it is not because of it cannot produce ASIC to mine Vert, but due to N-Factor changing, it is limit time ASIC cycle.
For example, when you created an ASIC for Vert, you will likely to be able to use only 1 year or less due to N-Factor changing. So, it will cost you a lot.

While other algorithm using in Dark, Quark is NOT ASIC resistant anymore. Why I say like that ?
According to NIST (National Institute of Standards and Technology), if you want to become SHA3 candidate, you need to be able to __create by ASIC___. AND every algorithms in X11 used to be SHA3 candidate until Keccak win the competition and become SHA3.

Here is the paper : http://csrc.nist.gov/groups/ST/hash/sha-3/Round2/Aug2010/documents/papers/SCHAUMONT_SHA3.pdf

So, You cannot say those coin is ASIC resistent because when they come out, it is done, while Vert is not the same due to N-Factor which keeps changing.
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 04:56:39 PM

lol i just read the post above my own...answered my question.

Gate559

Activity: 18

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 04:58:02 PM

250 Mh is insane. What will alpha-t do now?

Vert is REALLY ASIC resistant, it is not because of it cannot produce ASIC to mine Vert, but due to N-Factor changing, it is limit time ASIC cycle.
For example, when you created an ASIC for Vert, you will likely to be able to use only 1 year or less due to N-Factor changing. So, it will cost you a lot.

While other algorithm using in Dark, Quark is NOT ASIC resistant anymore. Why I say like that ?
According to NIST (National Institute of Standards and Technology), if you want to become SHA3 candidate, you need to be able to __create by ASIC___. AND every algorithms in X11 used to be SHA3 candidate until Keccak win the competition and become SHA3.

Here is the paper : http://csrc.nist.gov/groups/ST/hash/sha-3/Round2/Aug2010/documents/papers/SCHAUMONT_SHA3.pdf

So, You cannot say those coin is ASIC resistent because when they come out, it is done, while Vert is not the same due to N-Factor which keeps changing.

X11 the algorithm of DRK has blake, bmw, groestl, jh, keccak, skein, luffa, cubehash, shavite, simd and echo. The ASIC must be able to solve all those algorithms. Or at least that's my understanding.
kelvinliong

Activity: 126

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 05:03:27 PM

pump it to 1000Mh/s please  Cheesy

Let's color the MOON: YENui1eF9LuVpZiTdp8Vf4G77cgnnkDDTD
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: