Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 09:06:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Forum Time Machine - Mining bitcoin with Pentium processor  (Read 365 times)
so98nn

Activity: 2086
Merit: 603

View Profile
February 19, 2022, 02:28:17 PM

Not sure what's the best way to celebrate it other than altering the personal text field on my profile.
It looks like I am still time traveling as we speak so mistakes are possible, but I couldn't reach 2010 and speak to my old self with instructions to mine (or buy) Bitcoin Tongue
Thanks for correction.

Don't have pc to mine nor money to purchase but have Nokia n70 with gprs connection, probably could use some faucets but doubt if there were web wallets then Undecided

At least you had Nokia N70, come to India in 2010; smartphone were dream device back then. I still remember I was in my High School back in 2010 and all I had Nokia XpressMusic 5300 model. It was keypad phone with EDGE connection.

So bitcoin mining was out of question for us.

If anyone was mining in India during 2010 then I would say they were from future. Lolz.
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
RapTarX

Activity: 1358
Merit: 850

View Profile
February 19, 2022, 06:05:02 PM

Damn! How did you find it? Are you in search of Satoshi?

I also have the honor of selling BTC at the lowest prices ever recorded, $0.003/BTC. Smiley
That's even far lower than the Pizza sale which was supposed to be ~$40 for 10000 Bitcoin. Well, we all are bad traders in our past but theymos selling $0.003/bitcoin hmm. Is there any record of bitcoin ever first trade price? I guess I have seen something like a few months back but can't remember where I did.

Synchronice

Activity: 840
Merit: 772

Watch Bitcoin Documentary - https://t.ly/v0Nim

View Profile
February 19, 2022, 06:38:33 PM

Could it be that during his time in high school and his freshman year, he received such a cool education that he would become technically advanced?
Probably yes, mentioning that time around 2010 owning a computer is a lot considering it's expensive, at least in my place when you have a computer and internet connection, mean you have the resources and money.

LOL, no! Owning a personal computer 12 years ago was actually much more common than you suggest. I don't have the exact source of the numbers, but I'm sure over 70% of households in developed countries owned a PC with a broadband internet connection. I mean, we're talking about a time where the iPhone was already in its fourth generation.

Yeah, Iphone 4 was released on 24th June and were kinda cool guy if you had it. At that time computer wasn't an impressive thing and most of the families already had one PC. At that time probably computer was a thing in poor countries. In my country (Germany) up to one million people had access to Cable internet. Fiber to the Home has become available since 2011.

I think the behavior of people was a little different at that time. From my experience, almost everyone was either doing office job via computer or playing Dota, WOW, MU, Counter-Strike, Half-Life. Forums and social medias weren't as popular/active as they are today, so, lack of information about innovations was very common.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
Stalker22
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1358

View Profile
February 19, 2022, 07:46:46 PM

I think the behavior of people was a little different at that time. From my experience, almost everyone was either doing office job via computer or playing Dota, WOW, MU, Counter-Strike, Half-Life. Forums and social medias weren't as popular/active as they are today, so, lack of information about innovations was very common.

As a matter of fact, I think forums were much more popular then than they are now. Forums, or message boards, are the evolutionary successor to electronic mailing lists or newsgroups and were the primary place to conduct public discussions before social networks took over. I cannot recall the exact date when I joined my first forum, but I remember being active in three or four forums in 2010 when twitter and facebook were still very new at that time.

█████████████████████████
██
█████▀▀███████▀▀███████
█████▀░░▄███████▄░░▀█████
██▀░░██████▀░▀████░░▀██
██▀░░▀▀▀████████████░░▀██
██░░█▄████▀▀███▀█████░░██
██░░███▄▄███████▀▀███░░██
██░░█████████████████░░██
██▄░░████▄▄██████▄▄█░░▄██
██▄░░██████▄░░████░░▄██
█████▄░░▀███▌░░▐▀░░▄█████
███████▄▄███████▄▄███████
█████████████████████████
.ROOBET 2.0..██████.IIIIIFASTER & SLEEKER.██████.
|

█▄█
▀█▀
████▄▄██████▄▄████
█▄███▀█░░█████░░█▀███▄█
▀█▄▄░▐█████████▌▄▄█▀
██▄▄█████████▄▄████▌
██████▄▄████████
█▀▀████████████████
██████
█████████████
██