Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 01:47:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Modified USA Canada and UK coins to Physical BTC coins  (Read 181 times)
Steeley (OP)

Activity: 1125
Merit: 265

Byzantine Generals' Problem solved,Prosperity Next

View Profile
February 22, 2022, 03:31:25 AM

I am slightly confused by these coins, but started seeing them pop up on Ebay. It seems like this mint takes legal tender silver coins and imprints over them to modify them with colorized BTC designs. The reason I am confused is just why they never mention this specifically on their website or in any of the Ebay entries. Maybe it is illegal so they never say it directly. Maybe they just forgot to describing this aspect of the product. Regardless, this company is making unique 50 coin lots and issuing each coin with a COA and a box for $65. What do you think? Are these legit collectibles or just new crud thrown on the hobby?

https://mysilvertreasure.com/en/coins/?s=bitcoin&post_type=product&dgwt_wcas=1&lang=en

Beware of scammers. I will never discuss the sale of Collectibles on Telegram or any other messaging client outside the forum.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Suzuki Matt
Copper Member

Activity: 714
Merit: 110

View Profile
February 22, 2022, 03:49:23 AM

Im curious to see others thoughts as well. But I like them that's for sure. I like those alot and appreciate you sharing.
MoparMiningLLC
aka Stryfe
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 2226

EIN: 82-3893490

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2022, 12:33:55 PM

I dont think they are "printing" over US/Canadian coins

these are 1 oz FS rounds being made to look similar to the National currencies but then with a Bitcoin theme. at least that is how I see it.

Mine BTC @ kano.is
Offering escrow services https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5154480
All Bitcoin 3D printing needs at CryptoCloaks
ChiBitCTy
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 3010

View Profile
February 22, 2022, 01:04:40 PM

these are 1 oz FS rounds being made to look similar to the National currencies but then with a Bitcoin theme. at least that is how I see it.

This is exactly what they are doing. I have seen coins being made like this for all sorts of different themes. This is definitely not anything new. I doubt it’s illegal as you aren’t destroying the coins. Kialara’s Thug Bills kind of clarified this where as long as you’re not destroying them it’s not illegal.  These are far from the first of their kind. I’ve got a couple ruthenium 1 oz silver eagle bitcoin coins and some JFK half dollar bitcoin coins I bought 3-4 years ago.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
MoparMiningLLC
aka Stryfe
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 2226

EIN: 82-3893490

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2022, 01:36:25 PM

This is exactly what they are doing. I have seen coins being made like this for all sorts of different themes. This is definitely not anything new. I doubt it’s illegal as you aren’t destroying the coins. Kialara’s Thug Bills kind of clarified this where as long as you’re not destroying them it’s not illegal.  These are far from the first of their kind. I’ve got a couple ruthenium 1 oz silver eagle bitcoin coins and some JFK half dollar bitcoin coins I bought 3-4 years ago.

really? I would think they would just make new coins. I stand corrected.

as for US currency - I thought it was illegal to "deface" it even?

edit - just re-read the law concerning defacing and it states that the crime is if you render the currency "unfit to be re-issued"  so it has to be usable as US currency still. would these coins classify as "usable" still?

Mine BTC @ kano.is
Offering escrow services https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5154480
All Bitcoin 3D printing needs at CryptoCloaks
krogoth

Activity: 1217
Merit: 138

Krogothmanhattan alt account

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2022, 01:43:13 PM

Nice looking coins!  Thanks for sharing Steeley

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>CIPHER BILLS-CIPHER BONDS-CIPHER STAMPS * www.CYPHERHODL.com * COLD STORAGE BITCOIN CERTIFICATES <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
owlcatz
Legendary

Activity: 3640
Merit: 1968

View Profile
February 22, 2022, 02:55:10 PM

edit - just re-read the law concerning defacing and it states that the crime is if you render the currency "unfit to be re-issued"  so it has to be usable as US currency still. would these coins classify as "usable" still?

I believe if it is valid us tender, it must be acceptable, so I don't see why not - I know if I were a clerk and someone tried to pay with one of those I'd gladly accept it and buy it right back out of the register. Grin

Edit - When I was much younger, I used to find all sorts of weird coins in the register that had been "defaced", or like those cheap gold-looking half dollars they made one year etc etc .... Lots of silver halves and dimes were floating about for a long time! Not so much anymore, but sometimes in a roll I get lucky. 🤷‍♂️

I  C  Λ  R  U  S
██████████
██████▀▀▀██
████▀█████▀█
██████████
██████████
█████████████
░▄████
█████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
████████░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████▄▄▄████████
███████████████████
█████████████████▀
░░░██
▄▄▄█
█████
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░
░░░
░░░
▄██████
█▌░▐██
███████▀
█████████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
████▀▀▀▀████▀▀█████
██
██░░▄▄░░██░░░█████
██
███▄▄██░░███░░█████
██
███▀▀▀▀░░▀██░░█████
██
██░░░░▄▄▄▄█▀░░▀████
██
██░░░░░░░░█░▀▀░████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
█████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██

██
████
████
██

██
████
[/ce
ChiBitCTy
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 3010

View Profile
February 22, 2022, 03:49:03 PM

This is exactly what they are doing. I have seen coins being made like this for all sorts of different themes. This is definitely not anything new. I doubt it’s illegal as you aren’t destroying the coins. Kialara’s Thug Bills kind of clarified this where as long as you’re not destroying them it’s not illegal.  These are far from the first of their kind. I’ve got a couple ruthenium 1 oz silver eagle bitcoin coins and some JFK half dollar bitcoin coins I bought 3-4 years ago.

Yeah it is definitely not against the law. Here’s a couple examples of US coins being converted to bitcoin coins. Again this is nothing new, they have been decorating coins like this for all sorts of themes for a very long time. Even Walmart sells them - https://www.walmart.com/ip/BITCOIN-Physical-Commemorative-Crypto-24K-Golden-Clad-JFK-Half-Dollar-U-S-Coin/316963372

Edit - When I was much younger, I used to find all sorts of weird coins in the register that had been "defaced", or like those cheap gold-looking half dollars they made one year etc etc .... Lots of silver halves and dimes were floating about for a long time! Not so much anymore, but sometimes in a roll I get lucky. 🤷‍♂️

I never find shit.  I always inspect any change that I get closely and I never find silver stuff.  I also always check all Coinstar machines I pass by as they spit out silver coins and I've never gotten lucky and found any silver coins in there either.

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███