Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 10:48:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Which Cryptocurrencies offer zero-fee transactions?  (Read 895 times)
ShaunHingston (OP)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 06, 2011, 06:51:07 PM

I want to create micro-transactions and am wondering if any of the current crypto currencies have no transaction fees? And if not, is it possible to create a miner that can allow zero-fee transactions?
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
terrytibbs

Activity: 560
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 06, 2011, 08:28:21 PM

1. Read Satoshi's paper on Bitcoin and other articles of the fundamentals on decentralized crypto currencies.
2. Come back and try asking the same question again without being ashamed of yourself.
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2011, 08:34:33 PM

How micro do you mean by microtransactions?

Coins that are worth a thousanth of a bitcoin or less are pretty micro aren't they, and their fees tend to be a small fraction of a coin, so compared to bitcoin they are ridiculously micro. (Doesn't apply to DeVCoin, its fee was bmped up proportional to its coin precisely because it planned on being only a thousandth of a bitcoin yet still hoped to discourage spamming.)

So maybe just use a micro-value coin type?

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
Gabi
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1008

If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat

View Profile
December 06, 2011, 08:37:26 PM

I want to create micro-transactions and am wondering if any of the current crypto currencies have no transaction fees? And if not, is it possible to create a miner that can allow zero-fee transactions?
Oh you just need a client that always make transactions with 0 fee. You should just modify the standard one or find one already modified.

As far as i know every miner just put every transactions in blocks even if they are 0 fee transactions, so no need for a special miner (with "miner" you are speaking about mining and not the bitcoin client right?)

dree12
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1077

View Profile
December 06, 2011, 09:13:33 PM

Oh you just need a client that always make transactions with 0 fee. You should just modify the standard one or find one already modified.

As far as i know every miner just put every transactions in blocks even if they are 0 fee transactions, so no need for a special miner (with "miner" you are speaking about mining and not the bitcoin client right?)
The issue with that is that the clients will stop relaying your transactions. There are some solutions to this problem:
  • Mine solo and include own transactions
  • Connect to Eligius mining pool and relay transactions there
  • Connect to Eligius mining pool and mine there
ShaunHingston (OP)

View Profile
December 06, 2011, 09:21:07 PM

The issue with that is that the clients will stop relaying your transactions. There are some solutions to this problem:
  • Mine solo and include own transactions
  • Connect to Eligius mining pool and relay transactions there
  • Connect to Eligius mining pool and mine there

Hmm, that could work.

If I got a rig going at the Eligius pool, then I could ask nodes to connect to my rig, I could filter the spam, and then hopefully the miners at Eligius would put the transactions on the block-chain?

I would know in advance which bitcoin addresses are ´legit´. I would just need a miner who ´trusts´ me.
dree12
Legendary

View Profile
December 06, 2011, 09:24:12 PM

Eligius accepts all transactions it can take (but prioritizes fee transactions first).
ShaunHingston (OP)

View Profile
December 06, 2011, 09:35:14 PM

Hmm,

So if I got a custom client with the transaction fee removed, connected it with the Eligius pool, then things should work? The only 'issue' is that I would need to wait for Eligius mine a block before the transactions were processed?
dree12
Legendary

View Profile
December 06, 2011, 09:40:26 PM

Hmm,

So if I got a custom client with the transaction fee removed, connected it with the Eligius pool, then things should work? The only 'issue' is that I would need to wait for Eligius mine a block before the transactions were processed?
Correct.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: