Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 06:23:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Initiative against war - Upside down your avatar  (Read 64 times)
HedgeFx (OP)

Activity: 1000
Merit: 397

View Profile
February 24, 2022, 09:02:13 AM

Our Russian and Ukrainian friends do not deserve what is happening.  History will judge the guilty, but who starts a war is always a loser.

I propose to those who wish, to turn their avatar upside down as a sign of disapproval for the war.

It 'a symbolic gesture, which wants to represent our desire to say NO to what is happening, and that the time has come to change reverse course.

War is always an evil.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Cnut237
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1277

View Profile
February 24, 2022, 11:26:49 AM
Merited by Foxpup (1)

I propose we change our avatars so they are not pictures of Vladimir Putin, as a sign of disapproval for the war.

But seriously, yes, it's starting to get pretty bad now. I had assumed that Putin would just see how far he could push the West, and then back down at the last minute. He's counting on the West not to send troops in, and counting on Russia (with Chinese support if required) to withstand any sanctions. He's far from being an idiot, and will have planned all of this out very carefully. Unfortunately he knows exactly what he's doing, and he believes he will come out on top.

evilgreed

Activity: 728
Merit: 266

View Profile
February 24, 2022, 12:14:52 PM

I mean, by all means, I would love to but. . . Yeah, I think you understand my problem. But seriously though, I never would've imagined that things would be escalating to this extent. Now fear really starts to kick in while patience of parties involved directly and indirectly are being tested. We are talking about a potential world war if things don't get settled soon. The economical damage would be devastating along with the environmental damagaes. The poor people, the poor children that barely understands what's happening with their country. I pity the people involved along with the soldiers and their families. I really hope that there can still be peaceful talks that would take place.

╔═╗┬ ┬ ┬┌─┐┬┌─┐┌┐┌
║╣ │ └┬┘└─┐│├─┤│││
╚═╝┴─┘┴ └─┘┴┴ ┴┘└┘

Next generation reserve backed token for the decentralized web
   Stake and bond to earn up to 1000% APY
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN ELYSIAN FINANCE

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
NoorulHuda

Activity: 196
Merit: 270

View Profile
February 27, 2022, 05:41:29 AM

Our Russian and Ukrainian friends do not deserve what is happening.  History will judge the guilty, but who starts a war is always a loser.

I propose to those who wish, to turn their avatar upside down as a sign of disapproval for the war.

It 'a symbolic gesture, which wants to represent our desire to say NO to what is happening, and that the time has come to change reverse course.

War is always an evil.

I don't have avator Option but I think we all should make avatar and impose on the profile which has a text " Stop war and save the innocent lives.
af_newbie
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1468

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2022, 06:10:29 AM

Np.

His Soviet dream (nightmare) will never happen.

Ukraine will not be subdued.

He walked into another Afghanistan without realizing it.

I think his intelligence-gathering operations failed him.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: