Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 10:00:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why buy old ASICS?  (Read 301 times)
FP91G
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1051

View Profile
April 13, 2023, 01:03:32 PM

Someone just dumped a bunch of antminer x3s on ebay. scooped up as many as i can in case cryptonight coins make a run in a heavily regulated market.
Cryptonight coins? They are almost all dead 🤣😅🤣 the few ones that remain are Dero, Loki, havven, turtle coin, I mined cryptonight coins since 2017 and 90% of them died, it was a painful experience for me.

Worked out for me real well...Dynex launched as cryptonight original and I just happened to be around to see them and started mining it with all those X3s I got for 20 $$ off ebay. The first day of mining 1 X3 made 6k coins...I soon had my army of 15 of them going. that month was the best mining season of my life. I still have a ton of them for when it runs to 1$.

For anyone looking for a time stamp post of someone making a bet, then having someone say they will be wrong, only for the original person to be right....scroll up and read my post from early 2022 about me buying old asics as a speculative play with the intention of some coin launching.

Dynex lunched cryptonight and I made a ton of money. each miner I bought was 20$$ with shipping...don't believe me go look at the sale history of X3s in early 22.
Asic Bitmain Antminer X3 (220Kh) is powered by CryptoNight algorithm and Dynex changed the algorithm to DynexSolve at the end of 2022. If you are lucky enough to use Antminer X3 competently, then we are happy for you. But this is very difficult to guess and there are risks of mining a worthless coin.

I will admit I got lucky but that is the nature of this thread.......I remember I had to scramble to buy a bunch of the power supplies. If I had had all the power supplies on hand day 1 I would have even more of them....I remember my farm of 15 of them was pulling a ton of power. I got lucky it was in the fall and not summer or temps would have been to high.

my main reason for buying the X3 was it was the most developed asic for that algo ever (cryptonight original) and development stopped right after XMR hard forked. I knew there was no risk of there being some secret asic out there because development on the algo truly stopped in 2018 because all incentive stopped and asic development is very expensive.

The Antminer X3 originally retailed for 11k...That price soon dropped and "bonus units" were given to the early 11k  buyers that were mad once XMR said they would hardfork the algo in a month(hence the rise of XMC by bitmain) but the asic was still very expensive. all buyers of the X3 lost big in the same way people did with the Dash antminer D3 BUT that algo still has active development and coins.

What asic could have another speculative run? The antminer B7 which fits the same criteria above.

And what are you doing with your Antminer X3 ASICs now?
From autumn to winter, not much time has passed to mine a lot of coins.
Antminer B7 mining Tensority algorithm and which coins are you targeting?
Bytom BTM has already been mined a lot, more than 85% of all coins
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: