Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 11:27:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do this to avoid stories that touches later  (Read 180 times)
GEMIN_M4

Activity: 237
Merit: 19

View Profile
February 26, 2022, 05:52:25 PM

Imagine storing your coins to a offline wallet address that you have access to its recovery seed and you can track your coins using blockexplorer, this is total anonymity when it comes to keeping your wallet offline, all my respect goes to paper wallet..

██████████████ ███████ █│     S y n t r u m     │     JOIN NOW     │█ ███████ ██████████████
►   Blockchain Infrastructure for DeFi, Gaming and NFT   ◄
██████████████       |       Twitter       |     Telegram     |      Medium      |       ██████████████
Rengga Jati

Activity: 2016
Merit: 646

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2022, 09:27:42 PM

I'm still trying to learn more but I will like to keep sharing what I know, newbies if FED can gain access to billions of assets through hacking cloud storage why do you still believe that storing your keys and phrases in email account and cloud storage is safe?
Storing that kind of important data only is not a good and smart idea. We know that everything online will have more risks.
You are right, it will be secured enough to save our private keys, phrases, and other important data offline. In offline itself, we must be also careful enough to ensure that other people will not know the data. We must also save them securely, not forgetting, and also difficult to reach by others. Not telling others about this important data is also important because none may be trusted 100%.

.SWG.io.

..Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15..

..Buy Now..

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
..CONFIRMED..

boyptc

Activity: 3038
Merit: 681

View Profile
March 01, 2022, 10:07:34 AM

What I did was, I made a backup quickly offline and wrote it and then deleted what I have written on my email.
The chance that the private key you were storing on email has been compromised is very high. You should have moved the coins from the compromised wallet to a completely different wallet with a different set of private keys. Only when you make sure that the keys you generated have never touched the online environment can you create an offline backup of them and assume they are relatively safe to store for the long term. This also applies to lost backups... If you made several backups of your seed and now can't find at least one of them, you should consider your security compromised, and you should immediately move all your coins to another wallet. If you lose your hardware, your system is compromised no matter how strong your passphrase or PIN is. Never rely on passwords that protect your backups or hardware wallets you lost access to because you never know whether or not it was hacked.
Don't worry.

It's long due already when I've done that and that was during when I'm new to electrum. Right now, it's on my hardware wallet and never published the key that I have generated.

I was a complete ignorant by that time and my email was really likely compromised since I've been receiving odd emails and notifications from websites that I didn't signed up for.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: