Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 01:42:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bryan Solstin, US Senate Candidate: I Will Make Bitcoin Legal Tender  (Read 65 times)
Coinshots (OP)

Activity: 27
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 07, 2022, 08:40:28 AM

Bryan Solstin, an aerospace engineer and a developer, is running for the U.S. Senate on a platform of making Bitcoin legal tender. He insists that political resistance is going to fade away, and technology is going to win.

El Salvador was the first country in the world to make bitcoin legal tender. Since then, the national project of Nayib Bukele has become the prototype for any other country that might be tempted to go in the same direction.

Speculation of new countries adopting bitcoin as legal tender has arisen, hinting it will occur once again in Latin America. Surprisingly, the United States has several politicians advocating for bitcoin at different levels. Recently a new candidate for the US Senate, Bryan Solstin, has a primary objective to make bitcoin a legal tender at the federal level.

Bryan Solstin, a privacy advocate, went viral on crypto Twitter when he introduced his candidacy for the US Senate, where he stated clearly that his main objective would be to make bitcoin legal tender throughout the United States.

LINK:https://www.coinshots.com/news/bryan-solstin-us-senate-candidate-i-will-make-bitcoin-legal-tender

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
hugeblack
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 3649

Buy/Sell crypto at BestChange

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2022, 11:01:04 AM

One hand does not clap, the strength of the United States is its currency as it is backed by the US military and therefore there is no need for them to make Bitcoin a legal Tender next to USD.

The best that can happen is to recognize Bitcoin as a currency like all other currencies and accept it and keep it as a reserve like other assets and gold, but I do not see that the same model that was applied in El Salvador will be applied in the United States.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Hydrogen
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 1441

View Profile
April 07, 2022, 11:07:39 AM
Last edit: April 07, 2022, 11:18:57 AM by Hydrogen
Merited by coolcoinz (1)

Bryan Solstin is running as a democrat.

In 2016 Tulsi Gabbard ran as a democrat saying she would pardon Edward Snowden and drop charges against Julian Assange if elected:

https://www.newsweek.com/tulsi-gabbard-julian-assange-edward-swowden-pardon-dropped-charges-joe-rogan-1425802

Joe Biden promised to cure cancer if he won the Presidency in 2020:

Joe Biden: If I'm elected, we're going to cure cancer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Df0xnmxLuw

Democrats are known for making outrageous campaign promises.

davis196

Activity: 2968
Merit: 913

View Profile
April 07, 2022, 11:09:57 AM

One senator cannot achieve anything by himself.There has to be a majority in both the US congress and the senate,in order for this to happen.This is simply impossible.
I remember that one US presidential candidate was promising mass Bitcoin adoption,if he gets elected(I don't remember his name,I only remember that he was Asian-American).
I assume that this Bryan Solstin won't even receive enough support from the Democratic party.
The democratic party supports only puppets of the Clinton family.
This means that he would never get elected.

Moneyprism

Activity: 452
Merit: 10

👉bit.ly/3QXp3oh | 🔥 Ultimate Launc

View Profile
April 07, 2022, 03:00:35 PM

this is a good step because with his success the adoption of bitcoin will be higher in America,,, but America is a big country ... a senator is unlikely to be able to fight the Fed and various parties behind the us dollar

▀██▀ ▀▀▀▀▀  ▄██████████▀          T O N U P          ▀██████████▄ ▀▀▀▀▀  ▀██▀
THE ULTIMATE LAUNCHPAD ON TON CHAIN
▀████▄     [      Twitter      ]    [    Telegram    ]    [     Medium     ]     ▄████▀
avikz
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1500

View Profile
April 07, 2022, 05:29:54 PM

Lol! US government and its policies are not driven by a single Senate. What it really doesn't matter what a candidate says about  his thinking of bitcoin and what he will try to achieve.

Personally, I don't see it happening. Because US will never allow something that will reduce the dollar dominance. If US makes bitcoin a legal tender, then they will have to provide their trading partners with options to either use Dollar or bitcoin. So it's not going to happen for sure.

Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies are accepted within US and there are a lot of crypto companies are running from US soil. They may be lenient towards the crypto business ecosystem, but won't allow bitcoin to become a legal tender.

odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4312
Merit: 3214

View Profile
April 07, 2022, 05:51:50 PM

As much as I like Bitcoin, that's crazy talk. I would never vote for someone basing their campaign on making Bitcoin legal tender because it is impossible and unnecessary. If Bitcoin ever becomes legal tender in the U.S., in will be only after the death of the dollar.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
Finestream

Activity: 3024
Merit: 604

View Profile
April 07, 2022, 07:45:54 PM

One hand does not clap, the strength of the United States is its currency as it is backed by the US military and therefore there is no need for them to make Bitcoin a legal Tender next to USD.

The best that can happen is to recognize Bitcoin as a currency like all other currencies and accept it and keep it as a reserve like other assets and gold, but I do not see that the same model that was applied in El Salvador will be applied in the United States.
It would be hard for US to adopt bitcoin as a legal tender since we all know, they would even die for their own official currency. Maybe in the future, bitcoin could be accepted as a reserved currency but thinking to replace their own USD, that is impossible. US government will never allow a cryptocurrency to be a legal tender.  I believe if this senate candidate will continue to promote his primary goal, he will never get sympathy from his own colleagues.

Vaculin

Activity: 2898
Merit: 612

View Profile
April 07, 2022, 09:58:11 PM

Lol! US government and its policies are not driven by a single Senate. What it really doesn't matter what a candidate says about  his thinking of bitcoin and what he will try to achieve.

Personally, I don't see it happening. Because US will never allow something that will reduce the dollar dominance. If US makes bitcoin a legal tender, then they will have to provide their trading partners with options to either use Dollar or bitcoin. So it's not going to happen for sure.

Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies are accepted within US and there are a lot of crypto companies are running from US soil. They may be lenient towards the crypto business ecosystem, but won't allow bitcoin to become a legal tender.
Before Bryan knew it, he was already out in the election. His goal will never be accepted by the US state because its very clear that they would even fight for the right of their legal currency. Promoting bitcoin and making it as a legal tender will never be acceptable in US because they have their own rules that will only focus on their official currency and that accepting a new legal tender particularly cryptocurrency will always be against the state. Maybe if he starts promoting knowledge about bitcoin and plans to create good education, that may be possible.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: