Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 08:09:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Virtual Private Shopper - A Crypto Concierge Service  (Read 119 times)
dougk16 (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 15

View Profile
March 02, 2022, 09:27:20 PM
Last edit: March 04, 2022, 10:42:17 PM by dougk16
Merited by Crypto Fireside (15)

Hi all,

Check it out: https://aytwit.com/vps

EDIT: And a quick explainer video https://youtu.be/O2luTgdeGnk

This service lets people use their cryptocurrency to purchase absolutely anything they want online, even from big sites like Amazon and eBay that don't accept crypto. You send me a link to an item, pay me in crypto with a small fee, and I make the purchase for you. I can also ship first to my mailbox service then have them forward to your address, thus completely hiding your identity and purchase information from the Matrix.

This is a very simple but powerful idea that I think can help bring cryptocurrencies more into actual usage. So many people are simply hodling on big exchanges hoping to get rich overnight, and not really seeing the potential that crypto has to offer. I accept any major cryptocurrency and even gold and silver.

Please let me know what you think! Tell me you came from this post and I'll waive the service fee. I just started this so I'm looking for early adopters to help me smooth the process out.

Cheers,

Doug

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Crypto Fireside

Activity: 42
Merit: 45

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2022, 10:45:42 PM
Merited by dougk16 (4)

This is super interesting!
I might hit you up actually!
And perhaps we can also do an interview about it on Crypto Fireside, it's free and might get you some more exposure!

Check out my blog where I interview Crypto people: Crypto Fireside > cryptofireside.com
dougk16 (OP)

View Profile
March 02, 2022, 11:35:05 PM

Crypto Fireside! Great blog, I've read through quite a few articles. I'd be honored to do an interview. Let me get some sales here first. Wink
Crypto Fireside

Activity: 42
Merit: 45

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2022, 08:33:45 AM

Absolutely!
What can people trial the service with?
Can they send you fiat and then you send them a pair of socks or something?

Check out my blog where I interview Crypto people: Crypto Fireside > cryptofireside.com
dougk16 (OP)

View Profile
March 04, 2022, 09:52:28 AM

Anything you'd buy on Amazon or eBay. If you're uncomfortable making a large purchase (understandable), then try with something small. Everyone needs socks right?! I'm especially targeting everyday people who purchased Bitcoin on some big exchange cause their crypto enthusiast friend told them to and now don't know what to actually do with it.

I also accept fiat and precious metals but I'm expecting crypto to be the most popular payment method. Thanks for the question. Smiley
hugeblack
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 3594

Buy/Sell crypto at BestChange

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2022, 11:04:24 AM

It's a good service but I have some queries regarding to escrow and privacy.

Send us cryptocurrency or precious metals or cash to cover the purchase cost plus a small service fee.

The user will send the shipping costs, but how will he ensure that you will not steal that money?

- Meaning that as soon as the message is sent to you, you will ban the user.
 - How will you prove the payment address, since all correspondence will be by e-mail?
 - Can money be deposited in multi-signature wallets?

Send us a link to an item you want to buy online.

The second problem is privacy, how does the buyer ensure that the money that was used for the purchase is legal and taxable and not from unknown sources?
Meaning that when you buy me a phone or a TV, you send it to my address, and therefore if the source of that money is from thefts, the police will come to my house.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
dougk16 (OP)

View Profile
March 04, 2022, 10:36:04 PM

"The user will send the shipping costs, but how will he ensure that you will not steal that money?"
- The user sends me [cost of item + shipping + small fee]. The guarantee that I won't steal that money is the same as purchasing anything online. That said, investigation into using escrow services and third party review sites is coming quickly. Stay tuned!

"How will you prove the payment address, since all correspondence will be by e-mail?"
- I'm sorry I don't understand the question.

"Can money be deposited in multi-signature wallets?"
- I will provide a unique wallet address used for a single transaction, and only that transaction. I don't see where multisig wallets are applicable but let me know if I'm missing an opportunity.

"The second problem is privacy, how does the buyer ensure that the money that was used for the purchase is legal and taxable and not from unknown sources?"
- Instead of using my service a criminal can take stolen precious metals or crypto, exchange it to fiat at a pawnshop or localbitcoin or something, then use that fiat to buy something online. So basically my service is no different from the status quo, just one less step.

Thanks for your questions. Smiley
SFR10
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 3409

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2022, 07:40:09 PM

I can also ship first to my mailbox service then have them forward to your address, thus completely hiding your identity and purchase information from the Matrix.
Option Two: We have it shipped first to our Virtual PO Box service, then have our service forward it to you. We do not handle the package personally. This is the most private option but obviously costs more.
Are you using a service that's limited to US-based addresses or does it offer international addresses as well [preferably from a European country]?
- The reason why I asked the above question is because of the limits imposed on direct shipments from the US into certain countries [basically, I'm wondering if it can be used as a workaround?].

As the service grows we will evaluate ways to improve confidence such as linking to a third party review site and escrow services. Until then you are taking a risk.
I have mixed feelings about "third-party review sites" since those can easily be faked, but I think you should consider integrating escrow services from the beginning.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
xaexv001

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 30, 2022, 07:05:17 AM

I've used many different bitcoin third-party shopping agents in the past, they've all vanished. Some company in Germany and a service called SnapCard (guess US based) that went under few years back.

This kind of service is occasionally being offered on many BTC or alt platforms, and somebody will sure use it, maybe offer your service through the marketplace at particl.io ?
dougk16 (OP)

View Profile
April 06, 2022, 04:27:04 PM

I can also ship first to my mailbox service then have them forward to your address, thus completely hiding your identity and purchase information from the Matrix.
Option Two: We have it shipped first to our Virtual PO Box service, then have our service forward it to you. We do not handle the package personally. This is the most private option but obviously costs more.
Are you using a service that's limited to US-based addresses or does it offer international addresses as well [preferably from a European country]?
- The reason why I asked the above question is because of the limits imposed on direct shipments from the US into certain countries [basically, I'm wondering if it can be used as a workaround?].

As the service grows we will evaluate ways to improve confidence such as linking to a third party review site and escrow services. Until then you are taking a risk.
I have mixed feelings about "third-party review sites" since those can easily be faked, but I think you should consider integrating escrow services from the beginning.

Thanks for the questions. My PO Box service can use USPS, Fedex, or UPS. So yes it can probably be used as a workaround in many cases. Good idea!

And I agree with you on the review site and escrow services.

dougk16 (OP)

View Profile
April 06, 2022, 04:33:10 PM

I've used many different bitcoin third-party shopping agents in the past, they've all vanished. Some company in Germany and a service called SnapCard (guess US based) that went under few years back.

This kind of service is occasionally being offered on many BTC or alt platforms, and somebody will sure use it, maybe offer your service through the marketplace at particl.io ?

If you have more links to any past and current services please let me know. I myself want more of these services in existence so it legitimizes the idea. https://shopinbit.com/concierge-service-ordering-service is the best one that I know, but only for EU (plans to go worldwide soon).

Thanks for the link to particl.io I am checking it out.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: