Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 09:06:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: top holders  (Read 694 times)
diamond_shine1

Activity: 437
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 28, 2022, 07:27:48 PM

i think if there is a new coin and the top holder has 50% of the total supply it is very dangerous and the holder of the 50% of the coin is clearly very influential with the coin and it doesn't take long anytime he can drop the coin maybe in a matter of hours he can drop it base.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
laredo7mm

Activity: 1498
Merit: 537

View Profile
January 28, 2022, 08:23:33 PM

understood however when looking at coin like Covalent, the top 100 own 99%. does this matter ?? I thought maybe supply should be more spread
Of course it does matter, if top 100 owns 99% then something is wrong with that project.

It can easily be manipulated for instance, or what if those suddenly dump the coins in the market? What will be the results? It will be a disaster for those small holders.

To be fair, there are a lot of projects like this, so personally, I would stay away from this projects.

I have seen many projects that made more than 20X when the top 10 holders have 90% of the total supply. Actually, it's risky to put any money on those projects but for a working project, I saw the team push the price exponentially by keeping most of the supply out of circulation. The team will surely sell their token gradually but for quick profits, I can risk some money to those projects.
Saisher

Activity: 2296
Merit: 175

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
January 29, 2022, 12:26:12 PM

i think if there is a new coin and the top holder has 50% of the total supply it is very dangerous and the holder of the 50% of the coin is clearly very influential with the coin and it doesn't take long anytime he can drop the coin maybe in a matter of hours he can drop it base.
That's risky, a good project will try to have as many holders as possible and will try to equally distribute their token that is why some tokens do their ICO in a launch pad where investors investment is limited, few holders holding 50% can manipulate the price and especially if the holders are the developers of the tokens, and if it is a farm-based token you should check the liquidity and the certik certificate to avoid rug pull.

SWG.ioPre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15
║〘 Available On BINANCE 〙•〘 FIRST LISTING CONFIRMED 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙║
╙ ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹ ╜
Jackl87

Activity: 1722
Merit: 269

View Profile
January 29, 2022, 12:45:56 PM

When finding a new coin, should the percentage the top holders earn influence your decision to buy in. for example if the top holders own > 50% ?

I do think that the coin distribution is an important factor. If a small percentage of people is holding most of the coins then this is definitely something that would scare me off from investing into that project at the first glance. You always need to check carefully though or ask in the telegram what those wallets are. I had this with Drip Network for example where i think more than 70% of all the tokens is in just 1 wallet, which would also be a huge no-go at the first glance but if you investigate a little further than you will see that this wallet is not owned by any person but it is the treasury wallet of the whole project where all the interest is being paid out from.
Daodex

Activity: 252
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 29, 2022, 01:19:53 PM

Only shitcoins have huge percentage holding by top holders, this is a game of death for real  Grin I exited a meme token because of this an few days later these whales started selling and the price was greatly affected, equally distribution of tokens brings balance to a project and erase the fact that one person can crash the whole project value just by selling his or her bag

Baofeng
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 1658

View Profile
January 29, 2022, 01:35:52 PM

Only shitcoins have huge percentage holding by top holders, this is a game of death for real  Grin I exited a meme token because of this an few days later these whales started selling and the price was greatly affected, equally distribution of tokens brings balance to a project and erase the fact that one person can crash the whole project value just by selling his or her bag

So got lucky and exited on time bro, if not, they you could be the next victim of whales trying to manipulate the price of a shitcoin and meme coins. And right, this is a dangerous game that we are in because of this one. For us small and average joe investors, it's a game of death because we are putting our hard earn money and gambling it to make profits. But if this whales are playing, the whole game will change and to their advantage.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
superman184

Activity: 658
Merit: 189

View Profile
January 29, 2022, 06:37:44 PM

When finding a new coin, should the percentage the top holders earn influence your decision to buy in. for example if the top holders own > 50% ?

Unfortunately, the ownership of the top holder cannot be ascertained. What if the top holder is the team that they are likely to sell at some point in time and make the price worse?
I don't see from the number of top holders. I see how well the team is doing to promote the coin or token, whether it's listed on the best exchanges, or the level of development on their platform.
jeungo

Activity: 700
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 30, 2022, 09:12:53 PM

There are many examples both with one logic and with another. Sometimes it's important, sometimes not. In fact, it all depends on the roadmap and the total amount of money that must be contributed to the project. A coin can be brought down not by top holders, but by a trend of distrust towards this coin.
deean_3one

Activity: 490
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 12, 2022, 10:25:56 AM

Not so. Investing is not based on the most coins. To see a good coin or not you can see in coinmarketcap. All the movements of the coin will be visible there.

⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣     C O M B O     ⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣
A leading provider of scaling solutions for Web3 game developers
|      Twitter      |    Telegram    |     Discord     |     Medium     |      GitHub      |
Zotak337

Activity: 232
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 12, 2022, 10:31:31 AM

Run, I repeat run for your life if you come across any token that a holder have access to 50% of its max supply, this means that this holder can manipulate the token value, not good mate not good, even if the project is so good at one point this holder will drag it down for a while.

►           ►     enVoy        ▐ │     Sustainably Green Trust in Trade     │ ▌     ◄           ◄
►            ██  WHITEPAPER       ██  TWO PAGER       ██  TOKEN DECK            ◄
[v]  Facebook     [v]  Twitter     [v]  Telegram     [v]  Medium     [v]  Linkedin     [v]  Reddit
usekevin

Activity: 2212
Merit: 558

Highly Trusted|Most efficient Manager| yahoo62278

View Profile
February 23, 2022, 08:13:34 AM

If a few holders own over 50% or which project developers owned a significant amount of total supply, when i will try to avoid it whatever although which projects are looks very promising.

It will happened in almost all the project.The developers and project holders had a control over the project. It's not a unique one and it's common one.When they want to manipulate the price variation in their coin, the adjust it by the token supply into the market.

Because if dev mood changes anytime they can manipulate, I see that in the several projects. And in the token sale, team should to limit in the maximum invest amount if also investors can't manipulate in token price.

Being a source of the project, they would like to control it based on their own way.In a long run, the team of certain project will became a whale for the long run.And they try to change the token price, when ever they like to do that.So in some project, most of the coin price vary suddenly the huge amount. Background investigation of the project is important one for the safer side.
Ureung jameun

Activity: 412
Merit: 13

Trident Protocol | Simple «buy-hold-earn» system!

View Profile
March 06, 2022, 05:17:30 PM

yes, greatly influenced my decision to buy the altcoin. because if you get the top holder owning more than 50% then you have to stop and take the decision to ignore the altcoin so you don't lose assets in the future. try to learn about good altcoins then you won't find the top holders own more than 50% . so if you want to buy an altcoin then look at the top holders owning as much as 10-20% only.

Simple «buy-hold-earn» system!      │     TRIDENT PROTOCOL     │      HIGH FIXED APY  >>> 382,945%
THE HIGH PAYING AUTO-STAKING & AUTO-COMPOUNDING PROTOCOL
████████████|           Twitter           |          Telegram          |            Reddit            |████████████
Luqman

Activity: 826
Merit: 263

View Profile
March 06, 2022, 10:37:36 PM

Yes, it may be one of the considerations that we must think about, who is the holder, how much, and how long.
It will make us think realistic and more logically about the strength and weaknesses of the projects.
But if this is about Bitcoin, I think that there is no problem or no matter for holding.

yes, greatly influenced my decision to buy the altcoin. because if you get the top holder owning more than 50% then you have to stop and take the decision to ignore the altcoin so you don't lose assets in the future. try to learn about good altcoins then you won't find the top holders own more than 50%. so if you want to buy an altcoin then look at the top holders owning as much as 10-20% only.
It is moreover for special new token or coin from new projects, exactly we must double think about this. If a higher amount of percentage or mostly percentage are held by an only a certain person, it will also influence the value and probabilities of market manipulation. And maybe it will not be good at all for the long term inevstment
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: