Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 09:37:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Don't lock your tokens away  (Read 409 times)
Cling18

Activity: 1708
Merit: 126

View Profile
March 12, 2022, 04:14:21 PM

I know we have determined newbies among us this days that have developed a strong holding (HODL) habit in themselves, I have an advice for you as a crypto holder and I hope you listen.

Do not hold your tokens for too long without looking back, I have lost some this way because later they move to main chain running on a separate blockchain, imagine if you decide to check the progress of that project only in 2024 and you see that you've missed out on swapping your old tokens to the new coin.

I was too unfortunate to have had this kind of experience before where I held a certain coin for a long time without checking its developments. I haven't checked their channels and social media platforms so I wasn't updated. I learned that holding for the long term isn't just holding in time but rather holding while getting updates about it so you'll know if it's about time to sell.
7788bitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1023

View Profile
March 12, 2022, 05:04:43 PM

~
Do not hold your tokens for too long without looking back, I have lost some this way because later they move to main chain running on separate blockchain, imagine if you decide to check the progress of that project only in 2024 and you see that you've missed out on swapping your old tokens to the new coin..
That is a valid point, there are certain coins in my old wallet where they changed to a new chain and i failed to look at their update after the last correction and only after a few years i came to know that some of the coins i am holding changed to a new chain and when i asked about migrating it to the new chain, they claim that the swapping options is not available. It would call them as a scam as i hold the old coins because i invested money in them and then to take a decision that the coins i invested did not have any valuation and i cannot claim the new chain is ridiculous and once i debated in the official chat they will ban you.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: