Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 07:45:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Gobrrrrrr  (Read 618 times)
MoparMiningLLC
aka Stryfe
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 2180

EIN: 82-3893490

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2022, 05:26:41 PM

Using bitcoin 24/7 is hard. I personally carry no bank account with USD outside of cashapp and paypal - which I use for accepting non BTC payments - I usually convert it to Bitcoin upon receipt though. My regular daytime job pays me in fiat but I have it direct deposited to Strike which converts to Bitcoin at time of deposit but thst being said - I still have to convert BTC to fiat daily. I just do it and fuck the conversion rate - If I lose out net for the year, I will claim it as a capital gains loss anyways. I do ask if I can pay with it everywhere as well - some surprisingly say sure and whip out their phones.

Mine BTC @ kano.is
Offering escrow services https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5154480
All Bitcoin 3D printing needs at CryptoCloaks

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
GoBrrr.me

Activity: 17
Merit: 19

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2022, 06:12:21 PM
Last edit: March 27, 2022, 07:27:30 PM by GoBrrr.me
Merited by dkbit98 (1)

Thanks for your input! It further strengthens my belief that it's in no way wrong to charge fiat in the Bitcoin space, which some may or may not want to make one believe.
You can tell those people who are thinking that you should use exclusively Bitcoin for accepting payments, to try and live their everyday life only using Bitcoin, and see how far they will go like that  Cheesy
I am all for adoption of Bitcoin and adding it as optional payment everywhere, but I would never force people to use only only thing, but rather give them the option to choose.

One small request from me to you, if you can please add .STL files for SeedSigner cases in Download section, or at least post a link to original files, if they are open source.
For closed source special cases some people suggested to add paid .stl files that can be downloaded and printed at home.
I see you currently have only SeedHider and Steuerkreuz Control pad posted there.

Good point. That settles this question for me once and for all. Or, until hyperbitcoinization.  Cheesy

I will add those asap. Good to see someone finally looked at the downloads section.

@MoparMining

I agree, living on bitcoin is hard. Even harder, where strike is not an option, and probably won't be anytime soon. I also ask a lot of businesses if I can pay in bitcoin, but right now, it's far and few in between, if any. I helped two local businesses in accepting bitcoin in their shops, though, we're getting there.

Edit: In the meantime, use these links to the OpenPill and OrangePill downloads on the official SeedSigner GitHub:

https://github.com/SeedSigner/seedsigner/tree/main/enclosures/open_pill
https://github.com/SeedSigner/seedsigner/tree/main/enclosures/orange_pill/print_files

And the "LilPill" you already know:
https://cults3d.com/en/3d-model/gadget/lil-pill-seedsigner-case
dkbit98
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 6975

SATOCHIP.io

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2022, 11:07:12 AM

I agree, living on bitcoin is hard. Even harder, where strike is not an option, and probably won't be anytime soon. I also ask a lot of businesses if I can pay in bitcoin, but right now, it's far and few in between, if any. I helped two local businesses in accepting bitcoin in their shops, though, we're getting there.
It is hard to use only bitcoin, unless you are living in a war zone, banks are closed and your fiat ATM machines are not working or they are out of cash.
We have examples of people being able to survive or buy a car they needed only using bitcoin.

Edit: In the meantime, use these links to the OpenPill and OrangePill downloads on the official SeedSigner GitHub
Thanks, and I hope you have enough Raspberry Pi zeros in stock, because prices are going up quickly, that is if you can find them anywhere.
It's not looking like chain supply crisis for microchips will be resolved any time soon, and now I can't even find Rpi v2 with wireless to buy.

I do ask if I can pay with it everywhere as well - some surprisingly say sure and whip out their phones.
I ask that all the time, but many people still think it's a scam  Roll Eyes maybe because we saw many fake accounts created of public figures asking for Bitcoin payments, and regular people than associate bitcoin with scam...
Scammers even hijack their social media profiles and then ask for bitcoin ransom to return their accounts.

..JAMBLER.io..Create Your Bitcoin Mixing
Business Now for   F R E E 
▄█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████▀████████████████████
███▀█████▄█▀███▀▀▀██████
██▀█████▄█▄██████████████
██▄▄████▀▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄██████
█████▄▄▄██████████▀▄████
█████▀▄█▄██████▀█▄█████
███████▀▄█▀█▄██▀█▄███████
█████████▄█▀▄█▀▄█████████
▀█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████
      OUR      
PARTNERS

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
████████▀▀█████▀▀████████
█████▀█████████████▀█████
████████████████████████
███████████████▄█████████
███████████████▀█████████
████████████████████████
█████▄█████████████▄█████
████████▄▄█████▄▄████████
   INVEST   
BITCOIN

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
GoBrrr.me

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2022, 12:59:00 PM

Yes, I read that story of a Ukrainian guy who managed to buy a car with bitcoin and get out.

Regarding stock, I'm fortunate enough to still have some in stock from last year. I don't know how long they will last. I found some 2Ws locally with WiFi and ordered a bunch, I plan to remove all of those WiFi chips once I get them. As is it, the Pi situation doesn't look too good, but I do know some are still being made, so not all hope is lost in that regard.

And yes, I agree, unfortunately, this space is riddled with scammers, and it's not going to change anytime soon.

dkbit98
Legendary

SATOCHIP.io

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2022, 06:04:45 PM

Regarding stock, I'm fortunate enough to still have some in stock from last year. I don't know how long they will last. I found some 2Ws locally with WiFi and ordered a bunch, I plan to remove all of those WiFi chips once I get them. As is it, the Pi situation doesn't look too good, but I do know some are still being made, so not all hope is lost in that regard.
I saw whole procedure and schematics for removing wifi chips from Rpi, and it's not that complicated for anyone with basic soldering knowledge, and I think they are faster than old 1.3 version.
This should help speed up slow booting for operating system that is probably one of the worst things in SeedSigner, but I didn't here feedback from people about this.
Check out this website I found for locating Raspberry Pi devices, it can help locating when seller have them in stock again:
https://rpilocator.com/

███▀█████▄█▀███▀▀▀██████
█████▄▄▄██████████▀▄████
█████▀▄█▄██████▀█▄█████
      OUR      
PARTNERS

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
   INVEST   
BITCOIN

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
GoBrrr.me

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2022, 06:42:27 PM

I saw whole procedure and schematics for removing wifi chips from Rpi, and it's not that complicated for anyone with basic soldering knowledge, and I think they are faster than old 1.3 version.
This should help speed up slow booting for operating system that is probably one of the worst things in SeedSigner, but I didn't here feedback from people about this.
Check out this website I found for locating Raspberry Pi devices, it can help locating when seller have them in stock again:
https://rpilocator.com/

I'm not sure if the booting speed can be significantly improved on newer Pi Zeros, could be. I recently tested on Tails OS, where it was comparably slow to start, but I'm not enough of a coder to judge why that might be.
Thanks, I'm aware of rpilocator.com, it's a great too and has helped me out countless timesl! Sadly, many bots and ebay vultures know this as well.

I suppose you mean this guide: https://github.com/DesobedienteTecnologico/rpi_disable_wifi_and_bt_by_hardware

It works really well, once you get the hang of it, can confirm.

GoBrrr.me

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2022, 12:52:29 PM
Merited by dkbit98 (1)

Hello again, hope you are all well!

Good news everyone!  Grin

1. Pi Zero 1.3s are back in stock!

2. The Lil'Pill SeedSigner enclosure including resin printed buttons is now available for purchase. For those who have their own 3D-printers, the files are available in the download section.

3. Seedmint Plates (25x25 & 29x29) are also back in stock, and we now offer a very high quality automatic center punch as well as 3D-printed waterproof enclosures for the plates.

An experimental threaded joystick, which threads on the dreaded "stabby nub" of the SeedSigners Waveshare display, is currently being sent out to testers, one has already confirmed it works as intended. The file is available in our download section, and the resin printed joysticks will be added to every new order. Instructions for installment come with them, but please be aware that you can damage your SeedSigner with it before trying them out.

That's all for now, thank you for reading!
dkbit98
Legendary

SATOCHIP.io

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2022, 02:53:51 PM

Pi Zero 1.3s are back in stock!
€21,67 plus shipping is still higher price for Raspberry Pi than I would like to seem but I can't find many shops that have it available for lower price now.

The Lil'Pill SeedSigner enclosure including resin printed buttons is now available for purchase. For those who have their own 3D-printers, the files are available in the download section.
Are you going to make Lil'Pill SeedSigner available as a Kit, same way you have Open Pill and Orange Pill kits?
This would be great alternative for newbies and everyone else who wants to buy one more device.

An experimental threaded joystick, which threads on the dreaded "stabby nub" of the SeedSigners Waveshare display, is currently being sent out to testers, one has already confirmed it works as intended. The file is available in our download section, and the resin printed joysticks will be added to every new order.
You know that someone found out those little red trackoints zsed on Thinkpad laptops can also work for SeedSigners Smiley
I don't know if you recently reduced prices for SeedSigner Kits, but this sale prices are looking sweet, and you don't have to waste time collecting all parts separately.

███▀█████▄█▀███▀▀▀██████
█████▄▄▄██████████▀▄████
█████▀▄█▄██████▀█▄█████
      OUR      
PARTNERS

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
   INVEST   
BITCOIN

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
GoBrrr.me

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2022, 08:00:02 AM
Merited by dkbit98 (1)

Regarding the price of Pi Zero's, rest assured I will always offer them for the lowest price possible. When I get the chance to bulk buy them at lower prices, I can lower them again. Right now, this is as good as it gets, unfortunately.

Yes, I plan to change the product layout of the kit entirely, so any enclosure can be chosen to go with it, I'll try to add this asap. Also another new case version from @OrangeSurf is in the pipeline as well and will soon be available.

That's a neat solution with the trackballs I didn't yet know of, I will look into this, thanks for the pointer.  Wink

dkbit98
Legendary

SATOCHIP.io

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2022, 10:58:53 AM

Yes, I plan to change the product layout of the kit entirely, so any enclosure can be chosen to go with it, I'll try to add this asap. Also another new case version from @OrangeSurf is in the pipeline as well and will soon be available.
Thanks for updating.
That is good idea for choosing any available case with kit, and I just hope it's not hard to change cases if you want to replace them.
I know it's very hard to remove open pill case without breaking case or raspberry Pi.

That's a neat solution with the trackballs I didn't yet know of, I will look into this, thanks for the pointer.  Wink
Check out the size that would fit perfectly for SeedSigner on right side, and you can order this thinkpad stuff in bulk from China for dirt cheap Smiley

███▀█████▄█▀███▀▀▀██████
█████▄▄▄██████████▀▄████
█████▀▄█▄██████▀█▄█████
      OUR      
PARTNERS

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
   INVEST   
BITCOIN

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
GoBrrr.me

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2022, 07:58:09 AM
Merited by dkbit98 (1)

Hello again!

The SeedSigner kits have been updated and can now be configured to come with any of the available enclosures. The SeedSigner Kit Sale ends with this month as well.
dkbit98
Legendary

SATOCHIP.io

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2022, 07:52:06 PM

The SeedSigner kits have been updated and can now be configured to come with any of the available enclosures. The SeedSigner Kit Sale ends with this month as well.
Looks very good!
I see that you added options to manually select enclosure, and Lil'Pill is even cheaper than OrangePill enclosure.
One suggestion I have for you is to add separate images for this three options, or it could be confusing for some newbies ordering SeedSigner Kit.

███▀█████▄█▀███▀▀▀██████
█████▄▄▄██████████▀▄████
█████▀▄█▄██████▀█▄█████
      OUR      
PARTNERS

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
   INVEST   
BITCOIN

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
GoBrrr.me

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2022, 09:47:34 AM
Last edit: April 27, 2022, 01:56:40 PM by GoBrrr.me

Thanks for the suggestion. The pictures will change automatically to the correct picture selected enclosure. I'm a very bad photographer and need to add more and better product pictures of all the enclosures in the different colors before that'll work as intended.

Edit: The LilPill is using less material and saves print time, which is reflected in the pricing.
dkbit98
Legendary

SATOCHIP.io

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2022, 08:31:24 PM

Thanks for the suggestion. The pictures will change automatically to the correct picture selected enclosure. I'm a very bad photographer and need to add more and better product pictures of all the enclosures in the different colors before that'll work as intended.
Is it possible to choose color when ordering SeedSigner Kit or you are sending one color by default?
One more thing you could add is more information about privacy and what you are doing with personal data of customers (deleting it after X days or not) who order something from your website.

The LilPill is using less material and saves print time, which is reflected in the pricing.
I was wondering if it is easier to disassemble LilPill case compared to other enclosures?

███▀█████▄█▀███▀▀▀██████
█████▄▄▄██████████▀▄████
█████▀▄█▄██████▀█▄█████
      OUR      
PARTNERS

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
   INVEST   
BITCOIN

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
GoBrrr.me

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2022, 02:06:24 PM
Merited by hugeblack (4), dkbit98 (2)

It's possible to choose the color for each of the available enclosures. The buttons and joysticks aren't customizable, as switching colors isn't that easy with resin, button colors vary based on what's in the resin printer and how many buttons are left. I plan to get another resin printer when funds allow, then I can offer to make them available in more colors.

It's easier to disassemble vs. the OpenPill and harder vs the OrangePill because the two parts of the LilPill are holding together much better than the parts from the Orange Pill. But luckily, since one can reach the SD card from outside, there's no need to disasseble the LilPill.

On privacy, there is a privacy policy on the website now, as well as an imprint and a cookie notice. The privacy policy and imprint are a bit hidden and finding them requires a few seconds of patience.

I actually had a customer ask about his data in my shop a few days ago, here is my (copypasted) response:

Your data is in my shops database now, BUT:

•   All Data is being purged from the server in regular intervals.
•   Our BTCpayServer and Node are both self-hosted, so absolutely no third parties can see the correlation between order and transaction.
•   Obviously, since this (gobrrr.me) is a registered company, I’m obliged to keep logs for a few years (7 years here in Austria) -> This is done offline on printed paper.
•   The weakest link for the data is probably the email client, but conveniently, the address used by the BTCpayServer is not sent via mail.
•   The privacy policy can be found here: https://www.gobrrr.me/pp/

Orders will be delayes for a few days, as I'm going on vacation.

Cheers!
dkbit98
Legendary

SATOCHIP.io

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2022, 10:13:01 AM

Orders will be delayes for a few days, as I'm going on vacation.
Hey GoBrrr.me I hope you are back from your holiday vacation and ready for business. Smiley
Can you please tell me what kind of materials (petg, abs, nylon, etc.) are you using for 3d printing and are you accepting custom orders, after I send you .STL files.
I need to print four plastic parts but material needs to be strong and resistant to breaks and cracks as much as possible.

███▀█████▄█▀███▀▀▀██████
█████▄▄▄██████████▀▄████
█████▀▄█▄██████▀█▄█████
      OUR      
PARTNERS

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
   INVEST   
BITCOIN

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
GoBrrr.me

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2022, 11:39:39 AM
Merited by dkbit98 (1)

Hey! Very sorry for the long wait. I didn't check this thread in a while.

I'm able to print PETG, ABS/ASA (not recommended, though), and various other high-temp materials like nylon. If you want the strongest possible part while still maintaining visual quality, I recommend CarbonFiber infused Nylon (CF-Nylon). Cf-Nylon offers the best layer adhesion and overall stiffness, as well as a high glass transition temperature to withstand heat. But let's assess the perfect material once I have seen the models and know what purpose they're planned for.

And yes, of course I accept custom orders.  Grin
dkbit98
Legendary

SATOCHIP.io

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2022, 07:58:31 PM

I'm able to print PETG, ABS/ASA (not recommended, though), and various other high-temp materials like nylon. If you want the strongest possible part while still maintaining visual quality, I recommend CarbonFiber infused Nylon (CF-Nylon). Cf-Nylon offers the best layer adhesion and overall stiffness, as well as a high glass transition temperature to withstand heat. But let's assess the perfect material once I have seen the models and know what purpose they're planned for.
Sorry from my side because I had to print my stuff locally and replace original broken parts, but I will consider using GoBrrr next time.
So far my printed parts hold very good, it looks and feels much better than original plastic parts, and I used regular PLA material.
This guy also offered me Nylon material and said that is the best option he has but it was much more expensive than PLA.

███▀█████▄█▀███▀▀▀██████
█████▄▄▄██████████▀▄████
█████▀▄█▄██████▀█▄█████
      OUR      
PARTNERS

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
   INVEST   
BITCOIN

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
MoparMiningLLC
aka Stryfe
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 2180

EIN: 82-3893490

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2022, 04:04:06 AM

Thanks for your input! It further strengthens my belief that it's in no way wrong to charge fiat in the Bitcoin space, which some may or may not want to make one believe.
You can tell those people who are thinking that you should use exclusively Bitcoin for accepting payments, to try and live their everyday life only using Bitcoin, and see how far they will go like that  Cheesy
I am all for adoption of Bitcoin and adding it as optional payment everywhere, but I would never force people to use only only thing, but rather give them the option to choose.

One small request from me to you, if you can please add .STL files for SeedSigner cases in Download section, or at least post a link to original files, if they are open source.
For closed source special cases some people suggested to add paid .stl files that can be downloaded and printed at home.
I see you currently have only SeedHider and Steuerkreuz Control pad posted there.

I try to do btc only every day. my paychecks are direct deposited to strike which converts it 100% to btc. I ask if they take btc in every business I go to. for those that dont, they have to wait for me to send btc from strike to cash app and sell it for usd then pay them.

it for sure is not easy to do on a daily basis. but i am trying Smiley

and a comment about the seed signer cases - they are open source and can be downloaded direct from the original maker

https://github.com/SeedSigner/seedsigner

Mine BTC @ kano.is
Offering escrow services https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5154480
All Bitcoin 3D printing needs at CryptoCloaks
GoBrrr.me

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2022, 01:59:58 PM
Merited by dkbit98 (1)

Sorry from my side because I had to print my stuff locally and replace original broken parts, but I will consider using GoBrrr next time.
So far my printed parts hold very good, it looks and feels much better than original plastic parts, and I used regular PLA material.
This guy also offered me Nylon material and said that is the best option he has but it was much more expensive than PLA.

No problem, printing local is the way if you have someone available. PLA is surprisingly sturdy in many situations, just in applications that involve lots of heat or direct sunlight it's prone to warping. Never had a problem with PLA fan ducts, I suppose because the airflow cools the duct as well.

As Mopar Mining stated, the original SeedSigner cases are open source, and you can download them directly from github. I will not host those separately, as they are SeedSigner's work and readily available.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: