Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 04:36:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Decentralized Wallets not Metamask  (Read 308 times)
Pezroly

Activity: 67
Merit: 8

View Profile
March 27, 2023, 07:44:55 PM

MetaMask is safe and decentralized wallet, https://metamask.io/ trusted by over 30 million users worldwide. Websites do not see your balance in MetaMask, if you do not connect to them. And before any transfer, you need to accept and sign it, so this is safe wallet. If you need specific tokens, for example, BNB Smart Chain tokens, you have not another choice than MetaMask wallet.
So if you like MetaMask wallet, use it.
Jawhead999
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1158

View Profile
April 03, 2023, 02:40:05 PM

MetaMask is safe and decentralized wallet, https://metamask.io/ trusted by over 30 million users worldwide. Websites do not see your balance in MetaMask, if you do not connect to them. And before any transfer, you need to accept and sign it, so this is safe wallet. If you need specific tokens, for example, BNB Smart Chain tokens, you have not another choice than MetaMask wallet.
So if you like MetaMask wallet, use it.
How it's decentralized if they're record user's IP address and not allow citizens from few countries due to conflict or politic problems?

The number of installed aren't proving if it's really 30 million users, it can be manipulated.

There are many choices of wallet and it's easier to use than Metamask. If you want to receive a token run in BSC, you need to add new network, otherwise you might lose the token. Other wallet doesn't need this, it's automatic.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
kelonmusk

Activity: 198
Merit: 10

COMBO Network ex COCOS-BCX

View Profile
April 22, 2023, 12:28:01 PM

Why you can't  use MetaMask. Metamask is easy to use and save. But in terms of security and ease of use, hardware wallets and mobile wallets are great alternatives to browser extensions like Metamask.

For my opinion, in other options use hardware wallets like the Ledger or Trezor. These wallets are not browser extensions and can be used to interact with various decentralized platforms.

Another option is use a mobile wallet like Trust Wallet or Atomic Wallet. These wallets have built-in decentralized exchange (DEX) support and can be used on your phone. I think, it enough you use it.

⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣     C O M B O     ⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣
A leading provider of scaling solutions for Web3 game developers
|      Twitter      |    Telegram    |     Discord     |     Medium     |      GitHub      |
yhiaali3
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1872

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2023, 03:17:47 AM

Metamask is easy to use but it's really not completely secure, I mean as the OP says Metamask collects information about your computer especially IP and other information in the background.
Everyone remembers what happened with Metamask at the beginning of the Russian-Ukrainian war.

libert19

Activity: 2492
Merit: 943

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2023, 02:45:33 PM

Anyone know or can suggest of decent wallets that are not browser extension types that would work in decentralized platforms? please and thanks all for your help.
I can only think of one app for that, Trust Wallet. Though only available as mobile version, it's open-source and community-driven (at least that's what they brag about themselves). If you want to run it on desktop (Windows), you can run an emulator or have Windows 11 (I heard it supports android app now).

Just use wallet connect (settings >> wallet connect), using it you can connect your wallet on any system, all transactions will have to be confirmed by you through trust wallet on your phone only despite being connected to other places.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
dansus021
Copper Member

Activity: 2002
Merit: 912

Part of AOBT - English Translator to Indonesia

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2023, 01:08:47 AM

First of all Metamask is open-source and is the best EVM Chain that I ever know I mean you can add dozen other EVM chain by just clicking some mouse button in chainlist.org

Meaning you can play or stake with other DeFi and other Chain and most of the DeFi out there is using accepted Metamask as their provider at the first place.

mk4 said it would secure by using Hardware wallet + metmask and it is true made new wallet and then combined with hardware wallet for second auth and revoke deposit smart contract on http://app.unrekt.net/ or limit before you made an approval the guide can be find here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5445323.msg61934163#msg61934163

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
merekamo

Activity: 391
Merit: 13

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
May 31, 2023, 12:44:17 AM

Maybe i was confused about Metamask before? more or less my Funds are always coming and going from my wallet? Metamask is more of a gateway between the wallet and the destination i am sending or receiving those funds from?
I understand your concern about using browser extensions, but it seems like you might have had a misconception about Metamask. You're correct in saying that Metamask acts as a gateway between your wallet and the destination you're sending or receiving funds from. It is essentially an interface that allows you to interact with decentralized platforms.

If you still prefer not to use Metamask, there are other non-browser extension wallets that you can consider. For example, hardware wallets like Ledger and Trezor provide high levels of security and can be used with some decentralized platforms. Alternatively, explore mobile wallets such as Trust Wallet or Argent, which also support staking and interacting with decentralized platforms.

Enoxe

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 27, 2023, 09:22:20 PM

I am not a fan of these browser extensions at all. I do not want to use Metamask at all.
You have right to be not fan of it. Meta Mask is not safe because it is always open on Internet. It is a wallet direcly in your Bowser and it is always connect to your Internet. When you are visit a hack Internet site hackers will have direcly access to it because you are direcly on hack site from your Bowser where your Meta Mask is in.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: