Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 03:21:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Zeal | a new competitor to other cryptocurrency wallets?  (Read 248 times)
aylabadia05

Activity: 1498
Merit: 765

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2023, 04:09:16 PM

Due to its planned launch in 2024, we will wait to see how Zeal is rumored to be a solution amidst security concerns in the digital currency environment[1]. If in the end Zeal is the same as TrustWallet or other closed source wallets, it means that Zeal is not a solution for the security in question.
They don't offer anything new. From what they said, their new offer is. basically a phishing/scam list check if I get it correcly. Not really groundbreaking since most of them are available in many apps today. Other than probably a better blocking list, or the so-called advanced AI-powered list, I don't see how it will be different compared to what we have today. Even if they offer something new, it will likely be a closed source as mentioned above. CMIIW.
Intended to address and prevent fraud. Yes, they don't offer anything new other than addressing limitations and preventing fraud that users would otherwise accept based on the same resources I listed above.
From the sources I read, Zeal focuses more on centralized services even though it is called a wallet.

We will soon enter 2024. So we'll just have to wait and see whether Zeal can be categorized as a wallet that is suitable for use.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████████████████████████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███