Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 05:35:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Join the First ever Flexible Smartwatch- IRIS, Bitcoin only Pre-order  (Read 2366 times)
bonbon (OP)

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 04:23:41 PM

I am Bonam, Working on a fully flexible Smart Watch with a team of 3 for the past 9 months based out of London.

This is the first ever Flexible SmartWatch: www.irisgear.com

Now updated with new design and new features.

We took the concept of Smartwatch and stripped it down to its bear minimals and got rid of the things that dont matter.

The ideal smartwatch is a harmony of form and function:

1. Personal fitness assistant = gives real time stats of heart rate variability, blood oxygen levels at a glance.

2. Flexible e-paper display = fashion appeal + weeks of battery life

3. Battery technology = kinetic charging + flexible battery wristband

Simply redefining the watch!

Now we have a prototype and manufacturing lined up with help from hwtrek and dragon innovations in USA.

Pre-orders for this awesome technology would help propel our work and launch a Kickstarter campaign.

Fully featured:
Mobile notifications,
Voice commands,
Heart rate, blood oxygen level monitoring,
Fitness and sleep pattern tracking.

Biggest advantage is its Battery life: 400mAh battery, 3-6 weeks on standard fitness tracking usage, 5-9 days on heavy bluetooth, notifications and backlight usage. (tested on various bluetooth connections)

Compatible with all notifications and apps from Anrdoid 2.3+, IOS 5+ and Windows phone 8

(More: It has a 9Degree of Freedom motion sensor and can track sleep patterns. Along with heart rate monitor, tracking steps taken, calories burnt with specific exercises, this will be a complete device for fitness. These graphs will be shown in full wide screen on wrist. It doesnt have glass components or hard casing, making it comfortable to wear even during sleep unlike other watches/Smartwatches.
Also can control google music app, and all notifications in ios, android, on the move)

Ask me any questions you have and help us to launch this product like never before, by pre-ordering this exciting technology.

Pre-orders:
$199 or 0.36 BTC
and free shipping for first 20.

Online Retail Price: $249, June 2014

Thank you

Bonam Seshagiri Rao
IRIS Gear LTD, London, UK
Reg: 8660038

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
FenixRD

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

I am Citizenfive.

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 06:43:33 PM

I am Bonam, Working on a fully flexible Smart Watch with a team of 3 for the past 9 months based out of London.

Thank you

Bonam Seshagiri Rao

All that flex tech sounds pretty nice. What's the resolution? Any other specs? And when will shipment occur for pre-orders? I'd be interested.

—J

Uberlurker. Been here since the Finney transaction. Please consider this before replying; there is a good chance I've heard it before.

-Citizenfive
bonbon (OP)

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 06:57:34 PM

This is the first ever Flexible SmartWatch: www.irisgear.com

Now updated with new design and new features.

We took the concept of Smartwatch and stripped it down to its bear minimals and got rid of the things that dont matter.

The ideal smartwatch is a harmony of form and function:

1. Personal fitness assistant = gives real time stats of heart rate variability, blood oxygen levels at a glance.

2. Flexible e-paper display = fashion appeal + weeks of battery life

3. Battery technology = kinetic charging + flexible battery wristband

Simply redefining the watch!

Now we have a prototype and manufacturing lined up with help from hwtrek and dragon innovations in USA.

Pre-orders for this awesome technology would help propel our work and launch a Kickstarter campaign.

Fully featured:
Mobile notifications,
Voice commands,
Heart rate, blood oxygen level monitoring,
Fitness and sleep pattern tracking.

Biggest advantage is its Battery life: 400mAh battery, 3-6 weeks on standard fitness tracking usage, 5-9 days on heavy bluetooth, notifications and backlight usage. (tested on various bluetooth connections)

Compatible with all notifications and apps from Anrdoid 2.3+, IOS 5+ and Windows phone 8

(More: It has a 9Degree of Freedom motion sensor and can track sleep patterns. Along with heart rate monitor, tracking steps taken, calories burnt with specific exercises, this will be a complete device for fitness. These graphs will be shown in full wide screen on wrist. It doesnt have glass components or hard casing, making it comfortable to wear even during sleep unlike other watches/Smartwatches.
Also can control google music app, and all notifications in ios, android, on the move)

Ask me any questions you have and help us to launch this product like never before, by pre-ordering this exciting technology.

Pre-orders:
$199 or 0.36 BTC
and free shipping for first 20.

Online Retail Price: $249, June 2014

Thank you

Bonam Seshagiri Rao

All that flex tech sounds pretty nice. What's the resolution? Any other specs? And when will shipment occur for pre-orders? I'd be interested.

—J

Its a 4.9" display with 180 ppi, 16 level grey scale e-paper display. The response at work place for resolution is that it looks a lot cool than they thought e paper would be. It is also always on, unlike existing smartwatches where you have to press/shake to read time/stats.
other specs: Battery is 4 times more powerful than existing smartwatches like pebble, galaxy gear, as we have a 400mAh flexible battery in wristband itself. Also it lasts long due to low power display.
some more improvements: thickness: 6mm, compared to 9-10mm of existing ones.
waterproof, bluetooth low energy, Memory. 4GB Internal memory + 512MB (RAM) 800MHz Processor, 9 dof sensor

would be a great start if you pre-order.
FenixRD

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

I am Citizenfive.

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 07:38:03 PM

Its a 4.9" display with 180 ppi, 16 level grey scale e-paper display. The response at work place for resolution is that it looks a lot cool than they thought e paper would be. It is also always on, unlike existing smartwatches where you have to press/shake to read time/stats.
other specs: Battery is 4 times more powerful than existing smartwatches like pebble, galaxy gear, as we have a 400mAh flexible battery in wristband itself. Also it lasts long due to low power display.
waterproof, bluetooth low energy, Memory. 4GB Internal memory + 512MB (RAM) 800MHz Processor, 9 dof sensor

I'm halfway there. A few more questions:

It's a long strip. 4.9", that's the diagonal? Also it looks like it's not a pure rectangle, am I right? The face part has a rounded section where it's a bit wider. But ignoring that it's, what, about 4.8" x 1"? Just wondering the actual dimensions and LxW pixel rez. 180 ppi 4-bit greyscale sounds perfectly attractive for a wristwatch application.

How deep is it waterproof?

It's flexible and not glass, but the cover is glossy. Is it flexible clear PVA or something? What testing has occurred to determine the impact of lifetime flexing and the impact on, say, the water resistance in particular?

Again, it's really attractive. One of the only smartwatches I've seen and liked so far.

Uberlurker. Been here since the Finney transaction. Please consider this before replying; there is a good chance I've heard it before.

-Citizenfive
bonbon (OP)

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 07:48:31 PM

I'm halfway there. A few more questions:

It's a long strip. 4.9", that's the diagonal? Also it looks like it's not a pure rectangle, am I right? The face part has a rounded section where it's a bit wider. But ignoring that it's, what, about 4.8" x 1"? Just wondering the actual dimensions and LxW pixel rez. 180 ppi 4-bit greyscale sounds perfectly attractive for a wristwatch application.

How deep is it waterproof?

It's flexible and not glass, but the cover is glossy. Is it flexible clear PVA or something? What testing has occurred to determine the impact of lifetime flexing and the impact on, say, the water resistance in particular?

Again, it's really attractive. One of the only smartwatches I've seen and liked so far.

"One of the only smartwatches I've seen and liked so far"

yeah true, I have set out to do that. I didnt like any smartwatch coming into market and I knew my design skills can beat it. lets see the climax.

the waterproof depth is not known but it will be good, not just splash proof-but for swimming and beaches. The idea is to finish the whole component setup with a glossy plastic coat that gives shine and waterproof protection. It has not been tested yet, but got design approval from guys in factories that its cheap and possible to achieve.

the screen dimensions are 3cm X 12 cm (4.9"diagonal), the wrist band length in total is 22 cm (3 sizes will be made, 20, 22, 24cm).

the bulge in middle is only rim design that is not fixed. It can be straight like a band when you change the casing below. chose this shape to show a meet the classic watch design.

imagine the band like a straight strip of screen and case can be customized with materials, shapes, colors.
Nobitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

In holiday we trust

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 03:49:31 PM

Is the watch :

1. Scratchproof
2. Have a headphone socket
3. How does it recharge
bonbon (OP)

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 07:34:38 PM

Is the watch :

1. Scratchproof
2. Have a headphone socket
3. How does it recharge

1. Not scratch proof, but not a glass so the screen can be protected from shattering. Plastic skins can be replaced cheaply if it's scratched.
2. No headphone jacket for keeping in waterproof. Bluetooth can control music from you mobile
3. Magnetic pin connector, again to keep it water proof
E.exchanger

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

NEED CRYPTO CODER? COIN DEVELOPER? PM US FOR HELP!

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 08:00:58 PM

Simply an amazing idea dude just looked at your website. Its very impressive and would be very happy to order 2 of those next month but the only problem is PRE-ORDER, I don't believe in it so it would be great if we can work out on escrow ?? if not then i'll wait till your first shipment of batch is delivered and you will get few good feedback. Good luck with it it's amazing!!!
bonbon (OP)

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 07:55:49 AM

Simply an amazing idea dude just looked at your website. Its very impressive and would be very happy to order 2 of those next month but the only problem is PRE-ORDER, I don't believe in it so it would be great if we can work out on escrow ?? if not then i'll wait till your first shipment of batch is delivered and you will get few good feedback. Good luck with it it's amazing!!!

Happy for your excitement. You can pre order when we launch a Kickstarter in April.  Totally upto your comfort. 

Meanwhile if you drop an email in the contact us box the bottom of website.  I'll keep you posted with progress.

Warm wishes
markbot

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 10:29:31 PM

There's a typo in the first sentence on the page. "Is'nt" should be "isn't" and I would remove the ellipses from "Design..."
bonbon (OP)

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 10:34:11 PM

There's a typo in the first sentence on the page. "Is'nt" should be "isn't" and I would remove the ellipses from "Design..."

good eye, made those changes Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: