Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 12:04:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: s17+ PIC failure  (Read 190 times)
tornado_blade (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 09, 2022, 01:26:02 AM

Hi,
my S17+ hash boards pic's failed and i need pic firmware (PIC16F1704.hex) for s17+ Hash boards to flash in new PIC,
Are you have this file?
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3234
Merit: 2942

Block halving is coming.

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2022, 10:47:27 PM

Why not backup the PIC file from another known working hashboard?

Anyway, try to contact this thierry4wd he might be able to give you a copy of the pic file for this unit.

If not, then you can buy the pic file from zeusBTC here https://www.zeusbtc.com/ASIC-Miner-Repair/Parts-Tools-Details.asp?ID=220

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
wndsnb

Activity: 544
Merit: 589

View Profile
April 10, 2022, 01:41:21 AM

If you have the pickit that is needed to flash the firmware, then you can also read the firmware out of one of your other boards. No need to buy it.

Have some dead Bitmain 17 series hashboards or full miners?
I'll buy them ... send me a PM with what you have and I'll make you an offer!
tornado_blade (OP)

View Profile
April 11, 2022, 12:03:38 AM

Why not backup the PIC file from another known working hashboard?

Anyway, try to contact this thierry4wd he might be able to give you a copy of the pic file for this unit.

If not, then you can buy the pic file from zeusBTC here https://www.zeusbtc.com/ASIC-Miner-Repair/Parts-Tools-Details.asp?ID=220

cuz i don't have any s17+ Hash Board and 3 of them pic's and drivers failed.
thanks.
tornado_blade (OP)

View Profile
April 11, 2022, 01:13:48 AM

If you have the pickit that is needed to flash the firmware, then you can also read the firmware out of one of your other boards. No need to buy it.

https://i.imgur.com/kvjgjNR.png

thanks,
I have Pickit 4 but didn"t have any healthy S17+ Hash board.
BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3234
Merit: 2942

Block halving is coming.

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2022, 05:42:59 PM
Last edit: April 11, 2022, 05:54:47 PM by BitMaxz

I search a bit and found PIC16F1704.hex but I don't know if this pic file will work because this pic file is dumped from the L3+ hashboard.

You can check the link below. If you are going to use this firmware to try make sure to backup or dump the original hex file first so that you can restore it in the future if it didn't work.

- https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2383200.msg24343142#msg24343142

Or try to dump the original hex file and flash it with your backup and maybe it can fix your issue.

Do you mind posting the kernel logs here I just curious on how did you know that it was a PIC issue.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
tornado_blade (OP)

View Profile
April 12, 2022, 09:02:36 PM
Last edit: April 12, 2022, 09:18:46 PM by tornado_blade
Merited by mikeywith (4), BitMaxz (1)

I search a bit and found PIC16F1704.hex but I don't know if this pic file will work because this pic file is dumped from the L3+ hashboard.

You can check the link below. If you are going to use this firmware to try make sure to backup or dump the original hex file first so that you can restore it in the future if it didn't work.

- https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2383200.msg24343142#msg24343142

Or try to dump the original hex file and flash it with your backup and maybe it can fix your issue.

thank you
I found other healthy hash board and dump pic file from that.
I used t17+ pic file before and didn't work.
Do you mind posting the kernel logs here I just curious on how did you know that it was a PIC issue.
No problem but I don't have logs.
I know that cuz pic and driver exploded.
when your PiC or driver failed you didn't have 3.3v in pic pin and in log shown pic failure and in hash board between hit sink 1 and last hit sink didn't have more than 1v but if your PIC healthy you have 8.6v to 17v in different hash boards.
sometimes When your mosfets failed you have more than normal voltage between hit sinks.
thierry4wd

Activity: 446
Merit: 347

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2022, 08:58:17 AM

I noticed that the PIC LOST error can appear when the ribbon connection cable is bad, try to clean this, if it does not work you will actually have to flash the PIC with pickit

tornado_blade (OP)

View Profile
April 28, 2022, 01:49:12 PM

I noticed that the PIC LOST error can appear when the ribbon connection cable is bad, try to clean this, if it does not work you will actually have to flash the PIC with pickit
that is correct.
but my hash boards eeprom and pic exploded.
need to replace and reflash each one.
MinerMEDIC

Activity: 166
Merit: 82

EET/NASA intern 2013 Bitmain/MicroBT/IPC cert

View Profile
May 12, 2022, 03:25:05 PM

It is extremely unlikely that you have three simultaneous pic failures. It's more likely that the 3.3V power that is sourced by the control board to power the pic has been lost. To put it another way it is the control board that powers the pic and not any circuitry intrinsic to that particular hashboard.

Are you getting 3.3 volts on the hashboard data connector? Also, as a matter of best practices and expedience post your kernel log in a "#-button-above" sequence.
Cheers,
J

---Hi, I'm Juergen "Jay" & I TEACH and REPAIR ASIC HASHBOARDS-- Purdue AS EET -- MinerMEDIC is NOW FREELANCE in Chicago!
tornado_blade (OP)

View Profile
May 13, 2022, 12:44:02 AM

It is extremely unlikely that you have three simultaneous pic failures. It's more likely that the 3.3V power that is sourced by the control board to power the pic has been lost. To put it another way it is the control board that powers the pic and not any circuitry intrinsic to that particular hashboard.

Are you getting 3.3 volts on the hashboard data connector? Also, as a matter of best practices and expedience post your kernel log in a "#-button-above" sequence.
Cheers,
J
thanks a lot
but i fixed control board and all hash boards by change pics and eEproms and failure asics.
one of them lost mp ic and had temp problem.
after fix all, miner work with 80th.
MinerMEDIC

Activity: 166
Merit: 82

EET/NASA intern 2013 Bitmain/MicroBT/IPC cert

View Profile
May 13, 2022, 05:40:45 AM

Cheers,
J
thanks a lot
but i fixed control board and all hash boards by change pics and eEproms and failure asics.
one of them lost mp ic and had temp problem.
after fix all, miner work with 80th.

Great news! I would still like to know what that control board did to those microcontrollers to make them all crap out. Maybe we'll see you back sometime in the future.
J

---Hi, I'm Juergen "Jay" & I TEACH and REPAIR ASIC HASHBOARDS-- Purdue AS EET -- MinerMEDIC is NOW FREELANCE in Chicago!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: