Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 11:19:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Average bitcoin transaction fee lowest since two years  (Read 195 times)
tbct_mt2

Activity: 2352
Merit: 837

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2022, 02:34:32 AM

It is partially contributed by the massive growth of Lightning Network since 2020 with more integration on exchanges, merchants, marketplaces and wallets.

However, if you do not use Lightning Network, you are still able to broadcast your Bitcoin transactions with low transaction fee. To do this, you have to use a non custodial wallets with which you can control your inputs, outputs and fee rate. Because if you have control of inputs, outputs, you can pick good time when mempools are clear in order to consolidate your inputs. It's a good preparation for later transaction broadcast even if you do this when mempools are not clear.
kotajikikox

Activity: 2422
Merit: 213

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
April 20, 2022, 02:43:21 AM

The average fee is on April 17 was $1.039

Some people think bitcoin transaction is high, the beginners that have just started to know bitcoin always have this complain which are from people that have wrong info about bitcoin and also because of the exorbitant withdrawal fee from exchanges. I can not remember the last time I make bitcoin transaction that is worth $1 fee, I pay lower.

https://cointelegraph.com/news/bitcoin-average-transaction-fees-lowest-in-two-years-at-1-04

Despite the exchanges and noncustododial wallets that make many input transactions and also consolidate, the average fee is still low.

https://www.blockchain.com/charts/fees-usd-per-transaction
Yeah this maybe the lowest fee I ever experienced  for the last years ,  but would this be continuously to happen or something we must be ready about as the congestion next to come in the coming year.
But what can we expect? after the congestion there will be a lowering of fees, then the cycle will happen again .
so same thing here and there  Grin

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: