Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 10:43:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: checking to see if anyone is looking for an Iphone 4  (Read 1442 times)
scarletwolf (OP)

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 07, 2011, 06:33:32 PM
Last edit: December 07, 2011, 06:49:49 PM by scarletwolf

I`m going to be updating my plane sometime this week and was wondering if anyone here would be looking at getting an Iphone 4,   i`m new to the forums so i would be looking for around 200$ for the phone and it would be 100 before shipment and the rest payed when it arrived, looking at it in bitcoin, so depending on what bitcoin is worth at the time would depend on how many bitcoins it would cost, this is just to get an idea of how many people would be looking for an iphone

if payment in bitcoins is an issue i can also accept payment by paypal if you feel safer , but payment by paypal would be full payment as the protect both buyer and seller from scamers.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nelisky
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 07, 2011, 07:38:08 PM

I could be interested but:
- Is it simlocked? If it is then I'm not interested as I'll be using it in Europe and I want to keep the regular apple updates.
- I will not pay anything upfront, period. I can use a trusted member as escrow, and will gladly pay for his/hers/its service, but since you have zero trust here, and a quick check will show you I'm well trusted, I feel that this shouldn't be a show stopper for you.

Pictures? Date of purchase? Any extra info regarding the device, like scratches and bumps as well as battery life would be really helpful.

Thanks!
chungenhung
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1005

View Profile
December 07, 2011, 09:06:47 PM

I am interested too. Please answer the questions above.
bitjet

Activity: 696
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 07, 2011, 09:41:49 PM

Also specify if this phone is CMDA or GSM. If you dont know, just specify carrier.
scarletwolf (OP)

View Profile
December 07, 2011, 09:59:00 PM

Phone is not simlocked it is an unlocked iphone, and open to any sim card, it is a GSM phone i think right now it`s hooked up with Rogers. but i have also had it on Telus as well.

Images will come once i have gotten my updated phone as this post was to see if there would be interst in the phone Smiley
date of purchease was Aug 15 2011,  Phone has not scratches that i can see i keep it in a case at all times, but i will go over it with a fine look to see if i find any, there are no bumps in it lol, and righ tnow the battery life on the phone lasts me 24-48hrs with light use and around 24 if i`m playing my online games and stuff, as i have alot of apps and an online life fps game on it Smiley

escrow I would consider but would ask to look at sites that have been around for some time that will take shipment info and such and will verify id of who is selling and who is buying .

sorry i have been scamed on other sites with Escrow it`s not always trusted but i will consider it,

anything else,  if your worryed about being scamed i have no issues, giving my phone number and copys goverment ID i`m in Canada and it`s a Crime here to do fraud and trust me i am no scamer.

Date of purchase? Any extra info regarding the device, like scratches and bumps as well as battery life would be really helpful.
nelisky
Legendary

View Profile
December 07, 2011, 10:37:10 PM

Phone is not simlocked it is an unlocked iphone, and open to any sim card, it is a GSM phone i think right now it`s hooked up with Rogers. but i have also had it on Telus as well.

Perfect Smiley

escrow I would consider but would ask to look at sites that have been around for some time that will take shipment info and such and will verify id of who is selling and who is buying .

sorry i have been scamed on other sites with Escrow it`s not always trusted but i will consider it,

anything else,  if your worryed about being scamed i have no issues, giving my phone number and copys goverment ID i`m in Canada and it`s a Crime here to do fraud and trust me i am no scamer.

I don't think IDs and such are of much help, and I don't want to assume you are a scammer obviously. I wasn't proposing using an escrow site, but rather asking one of the older, trusted members of this forum to mediate the transaction. If we can't find one that we both trust and you don't trust me either then I'm afraid we can't work this out. Have a look at https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=37805.0 for a list of potential candidates. I have been around for almost 1.5 years and if you search the forum you'll see that there's little risk in dealing directly with me, but since I could have been just waiting for this opportunity to grab your iphone and run (*wink* *wink* *nudge* *nudge*) I will perfectly understand if you require a third party. Where are you located, btw, as I'll be visiting the US soon and, who knows, maybe I'll be close by.
scarletwolf (OP)

View Profile
December 07, 2011, 11:45:06 PM

I`m in ontario  about 3 - 4 hr drive from Grand Portage, MN

Aso for Older Members i would ask that the Shipping to such member be payed by you before shipping sorry but i will not just spend money to send to someone who is then going to send to you. and then when the middle man is what i`ll call him or her , that once the item gets to the middle man payment would then be sent to the seller ie me.  depending on where the middle man lives would depend on shipping as i would make sure the package can be tracked to verify delivery
nelisky
Legendary

View Profile
December 07, 2011, 11:51:07 PM

I`m in ontario  about 3 - 4 hr drive from Grand Portage, MN

Right, I should have assumed Canada when you mentioned Rogers... Heh, I'm going way down south, so no meet'n'greet in person for sure. Still, let me know if you think we can come to an agreement on the deal process.
scarletwolf (OP)

View Profile
December 07, 2011, 11:56:25 PM

I`ll have an idea in 2days thats when i go pick up my new phone Smiley,  if you can agree to pay atlest the shipping to a trusted member then i don`t think i`ll have an issue, you would just have to find someone who is willing to act as a middle man and get me there addres so that i can get a shipping qout on the price and then work out how muhc in btc it is so that you can atlest pay for the shipping of the item to the person of your picking.
nelisky
Legendary

View Profile
December 08, 2011, 12:01:48 AM

Not a problem. Because I'll be travelling to that side of the pond very soon I'll try to work out someone to receive the phone for me in the States. Failing that I'll need you to ship to Europe, I'll PM you the country + zip code.

Not that it matters but how many GB does the iphone have? And what IOS version do you have it in?
scarletwolf (OP)

View Profile
December 08, 2011, 12:13:32 AM

it`s right up to date i belive its os 5 or somthing like that maybe 5. somthing not sure if there was an update lol, and it`s a 16GB iphone 4
Littleshop
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2011, 12:28:47 AM

I sold my iPhone 4 for $329 on eBay after offering it here for less.  I would buy it as a trusted buyer and seller for $225 provided u ship to me before payment.  You can probably get more if it s real and working. 

scarletwolf (OP)

View Profile
December 08, 2011, 12:49:01 AM

it is real, and working, and not that old, i am already working with nelisky about the phone, and getting payment after shipping is not an issue but the shipping cost is what i insiste on before shipping as i will not take a loss if i get jacked so to say,  if the buyer is not willing to pay shipping upfrount thent hey might just want to advoid any of my adds as i will never ship without the shipping payments, and i think i'll be doing alot of selling lol, just had a baby and they cost alot Smiley
Littleshop
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2011, 01:17:37 AM

it is real, and working, and not that old, i am already working with nelisky about the phone, and getting payment after shipping is not an issue but the shipping cost is what i insiste on before shipping as i will not take a loss if i get jacked so to say,  if the buyer is not willing to pay shipping upfrount thent hey might just want to advoid any of my adds as i will never ship without the shipping payments, and i think i'll be doing alot of selling lol, just had a baby and they cost alot Smiley

Understood.  Good luck!

Mousepotato

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

Seal Cub Clubbing Club

View Profile
December 08, 2011, 07:07:49 AM

Not sure why you're trying to sell it for $200 here when you could just as easily sell it on Ebay/CL for $350-400.

Mousepotato
scarletwolf (OP)

View Profile
December 08, 2011, 07:45:31 AM

because i would like bitcoins not cash, sure i can sell it on my ebay account and i might just have to do that. if i don't find a buy here, but after you take paypal fees, depsit fees from my bank then bitcoin fees i end up with about the same as just asking 200 for the phone on here in bitcoins
Littleshop
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2011, 09:21:35 PM

because i would like bitcoins not cash, sure i can sell it on my ebay account and i might just have to do that. if i don't find a buy here, but after you take paypal fees, depsit fees from my bank then bitcoin fees i end up with about the same as just asking 200 for the phone on here in bitcoins
No, not really.  If you sell on eBay for the average rate $330, you will net $300.  I have no idea why you would want to sell it for that much less. That is why I offered you more then what your asking price was, and I will pay in BTC. 

nelisky
Legendary

View Profile
December 08, 2011, 10:00:59 PM

I have obviously tried my best to grab this deal before someone else would take it from me by offering a fair price Smiley BTW, thanks for that, Littleshop!

We couldn't come to an agreement, and while I haven't had a reply to my last PM to the seller, the reason I'm backing off is really simple; scarletwolf doesn't mind me sending the btc after receiving the phone, or at least put it under escrow after he shows me the shipping slip, but he wants the shipping value ahead of time so he "doesn't loose money if I decide to change my mind after he sends".

As I have stated before, I will put the whole value, shipping included, in the hands of a commonly agreed to escrow before he ships, but I will not send him any coins before I receive the phone. This, it seems, is not something he can agree with.

I asked him to state this here so others know he is open to offers again but remember; "if it seems to good to be true...".

Good luck to whoever gets to buy this, it seems to be an amazing deal.
terrytibbs

Activity: 560
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 08, 2011, 10:02:52 PM

I call BS
scarletwolf (OP)

View Profile
December 09, 2011, 01:24:08 AM

i will have images uploaded sometime soon, as i go pick up my new phone in about 17hrs Smiley , i will pm the next person inline, and yes nelisky did try his best i made it clear that shipping must be paid upfrount, i even offered to put the item on ebay so that the buyer can be protected, i don't know anyone else on this forum so sending it to a member that i don't know is just as much risk as the buyer is taking, i don't think i was unreseonble at all. i will pm the next person in line.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: