Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 12:28:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitfury B8's not hashing  (Read 444 times)
roma93

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 31, 2022, 09:59:21 PM

Thank you again for the follow up and trying to help.  I am running mine on a single 220v 40A so that should be plenty on my end.  I am really leaning towards it not being a defective back plane at this point as I have been testing on multiple machines.  I emailed Bitfury support a few times over the last couple weeks and never received a response.  This is getting a little frustrating lol.

Was utilizing the jumper to update the firmware a solid requirement for getting your miners up and running?  I tried the exact process you described, but did not have any luck:
1.)  Flash a SD card with Openminer v1.2 image
2.)  With the jumper added to the MB, connect to the miner and run a firmware update (I am using a makeshift jumper - penny and electrical tape)
3.)  Once the firmware is updated, restart the miner and remove the jumper for normal operations.

I tried this scenario with both v1.2 as well as 1.3.3.  I also tried Slushpool, Antpool, BTC.com, and Kano pool.  If the the jumper/firmware update process the main determining factor which allowed you to finally start hashing, I can order a handful of jumpers just to make sure of the outcome of that process.

I emailed Bitfury Support for a 4th time today so hopefully that might wake them up (not holding my breath).  I am willing to pay someone for support at this point because I am losing money everyday by not having these machines up and running.  Please keep me updated if you have any additional ideas.

Best,
-Shane

Everything works on 1.3.3!
Like I did. I flashed the SD card with this firmware, inserted everything back, installed the jumper on the board (this is important), and turned on the ASIC. Then, in the ASIC menu, I clicked the Upgrade Firmware button, waited a few minutes. After, I went into the pool settings, the fields were empty. I drove the data of the pool on which I dig, and after a reboot, he also gave me 0 hashing boards! In the address field, where the address of the stratum is registered, you need to write the IP address of the pool. The pool address can be found using the ping command. And that’s all. After a reboot, he showed all 6 boards, and went a hashrate. The only problem on this firmware is it does not regulate the cooler speed. At 1.2 rpm regulated normally.
P / S. Yes, the jumper is always installed, and it always has been, I didn’t even remove it. Everything worked fine and is still working.
And yes, sorry for my language, I am writing through a translator, since I am Russian-speaking ... Smiley

Hello, I have the same problem.The miner turns on and on the pool shows active, but does not hashing.. What could be ??  I installed 1.3.8 firmware

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BestZero

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 22, 2022, 03:50:22 PM

Thanks for your quick response!

Yes, indeed the IP assigned by the router for the B8 is 192.168.0.8

But even so, it does not enter through any browser.

With the PuTTY program it allows me to enter but I don't know the commands that I should use to configure with that method Sad
Hi, did you find the solution to this? I'm presenting the same issue,
I was able to connect by ssh, but I cannot access
through the web interface  Huh
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: