Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 01:41:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ronin hack blamed to North Korean hackers by American government  (Read 125 times)
bbc.reporter (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1446

View Profile
April 15, 2022, 04:12:27 AM
Last edit: April 15, 2022, 04:52:13 AM by bbc.reporter

Does anyone have any articles or other news that proves it is the North Korean hacking group Lazarus that has hacked Ronin or we only trust the sauces of the United States treasury department? I think that we should very skeptical of this until they show how they concluded that the Lazarus group was really the hacker.

Also, what can the treasury department do if those coins went to Tornado Cash for mixing?

The U.S. Treasury Department alleged that North Korean hacking group Lazarus is tied to a more than $600 million theft of cryptocurrency from the Axie Infinity-linked Ronin bridge.
The Treasury Department added an Ethereum address to its sanctions list on Thursday. Wallet profiler Nansen had labeled the sanctioned address as a “Ronin Bridge Exploiter” when checked by CoinDesk Thursday. It held 148,000 ETH at publication time. CoinDesk independently confirmed that the wallet is tied to the Ronin exploit.

Crypto analytics firm Chainalysis tweeted that the address “was involved in the Ronin hack.” Tracing firm Elliptic estimated that 14% of the stolen funds had already been laundered by Thursday.

A Treasury Department spokesperson said the department had worked with the FBI to investigate the Lazarus Group and Advance Persistent Threat 38 (another North Korean entity believed to use malicious programming to steal funds).

"Identification of the wallet will make clear to other VC actors, that by transacting with it, they risk exposure to US sanctions. This demonstrates Treasury’s commitment to use all available authorities to disrupt malicious cyber actors and block ill-gotten criminal proceeds," the spokesperson said. "There may be mandatory secondary sanctions requirements on persons who knowingly, directly or indirectly, engage in money laundering, the counterfeiting of goods or currency, bulk cash smuggling, or narcotics trafficking that supports the Government of North Korea or any senior official or person acting for or on behalf of that Government."

Read in full https://www.coindesk.com/policy/2022/04/14/us-officials-tie-north-korean-hacker-group-to-axies-ronin-exploit/

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
sunsilk

Activity: 2926
Merit: 620

View Profile
April 15, 2022, 05:02:29 PM

I've seen this news recently and was surprised that they've determined the hacker was from North Korea. I am of the same opinion as you that even the sauces are telling us that the culprit is from NK, still, we should take it with a grain of salt.

Maybe they're right and we're wrong or vice versa.

Whether they also determine who the hackers are, do they have the capacity to return the hacked funds? I don't think that they can.

ryzaadit
Legendary

Activity: 2478
Merit: 1228

View Profile
April 15, 2022, 05:37:38 PM

Just like say.

Getting robbed because you are not closed the door, and someone robbed you then you are blaming the robbed ~XD The important things about this not who is hacked the ronin, but the security of ronin it self need to be questioned.

They should stop blame someone, and fix the goddamnd security ~LOL

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
vv181
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1273

View Profile
April 15, 2022, 07:22:28 PM
Merited by bbc.reporter (1)

Does anyone have any articles or other news that proves it is the North Korean hacking group Lazarus that has hacked Ronin or we only trust the sauces of the United States treasury department? I think that we should very skeptical of this until they show how they concluded that the Lazarus group was really the hacker.
I tried to look around the sources that tied the hack has something to do with the alleged group, and I didn't even see there is a single plausible reason that the hack can be concluded to the Lazarus group. After all, I don't even think that Chainalysis and the US entities would disclose the investigation, if they truly have proof and decided to disclose it, that will only make those group can readdress their strategy about obfuscating the coins.
Xal0lex
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 2451

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2022, 07:41:10 PM
Merited by bbc.reporter (1)

Also, what can the treasury department do if those coins went to Tornado Cash for mixing?

I read the news today that Tornado Cash will be blocking sanctioned addresses. It was posted on their Twitter feed:

https://twitter.com/TornadoCash/status/1514904975037669386

Tornado Cash uses @chainalysis oracle contract to block OFAC sanctioned addresses from accessing the dapp.
Maintaining financial privacy is essential to preserving our freedom, however, it should not come at the cost of non-compliance.

Although the blocking is only provided at the frontend level of the application, the smart contract itself remains the same as before. So this blocking can be bypassed by simply using the smart contract directly.

So far, Tornado Cash has received about 27,000 ETH of the stolen 173,600 ETH

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
bbc.reporter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 18, 2022, 01:28:56 AM

I read the news today that Tornado Cash will be blocking sanctioned addresses. It was posted on their Twitter feed:

https://twitter.com/TornadoCash/status/1514904975037669386

Tornado Cash uses @chainalysis oracle contract to block OFAC sanctioned addresses from accessing the dapp.
Maintaining financial privacy is essential to preserving our freedom, however, it should not come at the cost of non-compliance.

Although the blocking is only provided at the frontend level of the application, the smart contract itself remains the same as before. So this blocking can be bypassed by simply using the smart contract directly.

So far, Tornado Cash has received about 27,000 ETH of the stolen 173,600 ETH

Agreed, the smart contracts are immutable. I speculate that Tornadocash's statement is only for the purpose of protecting itself from the government. They make it appear that the sanctioned wallets are really blocked, however, everyone in the community knows this is impossible to do hehe.

Also, what if the hackers transfers the coins to another address then sends them to Tornadocash within 1 minute?

I tried to look around the sources that tied the hack has something to do with the alleged group, and I didn't even see there is a single plausible reason that the hack can be concluded to the Lazarus group. After all, I don't even think that Chainalysis and the US entities would disclose the investigation, if they truly have proof and decided to disclose it, that will only make those group can readdress their strategy about obfuscating the coins.

Are there sources proving without doubt that the Lazarus group are North Korean? How do we know?

.Duelbits.
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
bussybuddy

Activity: 1190
Merit: 105

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live

View Profile
April 18, 2022, 01:36:47 AM

I also read this news recently, but it was also surprising because I only knew of North Korea as a country with a nuclear military and potential threats to those who want to control it. surname. I know they are very poor with the embargoed economy, and they also get some food donations from the country I live in, but information like the Internet is not yet available in this country, which is also known. So many people verifying. It's strange that hackers come from here with such a big case.

dansus021
Copper Member

Activity: 2016
Merit: 921

Part of AOBT - English Translator to Indonesia

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2022, 02:15:58 AM

Just like say.

Getting robbed because you are not closed the door, and someone robbed you then you are blaming the robbed ~XD The important things about this not who is hacked the ronin, but the security of ronin it self need to be questioned.

hahah this is kinda true

north korea always become of something tho  Grin. and i would aggree to you that ronin team should fix the security and question about every team they had becuse it can be inside job to

.Duelbits.
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Xal0lex
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 2451

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2022, 09:06:39 PM

Agreed, the smart contracts are immutable. I speculate that Tornadocash's statement is only for the purpose of protecting itself from the government. They make it appear that the sanctioned wallets are really blocked, however, everyone in the community knows this is impossible to do hehe.

These are just bureaucratic mechanisms, I understand. All these statements about blocking are made for accountability, nothing more. If it were possible to block tornado cash, it would have been done long ago and mixing of stolen ETH would have been prevented. But regulators understand that they are powerless against decentralized services, that's why we see these ridiculous statements.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
crzy

Activity: 2128
Merit: 180

View Profile
April 18, 2022, 09:18:32 PM

Just like say.

Wonder why the US blames North Korea directly, while the Ronin team can’t figure this out.
This is a big mistake from the developer, they can’t secure the money and this is the price that they have to pay. I agree on everything here, they should focus on fixing the security blaming other country can’t be a big help, their platform is slowly sinking.
Baofeng
Legendary

Activity: 2604
Merit: 1661

View Profile
April 18, 2022, 09:36:33 PM

Yeah, I read the news as well, I think this is not the first time and definitely not the last thing we are going to heard from North Korea with regards to crypto hacking. I mean they have been doing this for years already and they even have their own group inside to work this, state sponsored attacks. So this is going to be a cat and mouse game, developers should know how to protect and should be wary of North Korea's Lazarus group.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
Yogee

Activity: 1554
Merit: 412

View Profile
April 18, 2022, 11:15:09 PM

.... I think that we should very skeptical of this until they show how they concluded that the Lazarus group was really the hacker.
Are you asking them to divulge their methodology in tracing those wallets? I doubt they will ever do that. I'm sure the hackers would also love to know how they were traced and then change their methods.

It is mentioned by Elliptic that the hackers used centralized exchanges before using tornadocash so that's probably part of the reason.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
bbc.reporter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 19, 2022, 04:11:15 AM

These are just bureaucratic mechanisms, I understand. All these statements about blocking are made for accountability, nothing more. If it were possible to block tornado cash, it would have been done long ago and mixing of stolen ETH would have been prevented. But regulators understand that they are powerless against decentralized services, that's why we see these ridiculous statements.

Agreed again, this is nothing more than a frontend block by Tornadocash. Another development team can fork Tornadocash and allow all coins from all sources to be mixed and use all the same smart contracts as Tornadocash.

@Yogee. I am only skeptical if the Lazarus group is really from North Korea. Also do not trust everything you read in the news.

.Duelbits.
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
jrrsparkles

Activity: 2408
Merit: 265

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
April 19, 2022, 05:07:24 AM

North Korean people have computers at all? Someone hacked the funds and its because of the security bug so why need to blame a country, no matter who hacked it should be punished. Also everything we see from the news are not supposed to be true or 100% accurate so let's wait until there is proof to claim who stole and laundered it.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
Yaunfitda

Activity: 2856
Merit: 585

View Profile
April 19, 2022, 05:31:41 AM

We can only based on speculations as North Korean hackers have been blamed for most of the crypto's hack in the last 5 years or so. But we definitely don't have valid proof except coming from the US itself.

Definitely the North Koreans are not going to admit it as well. And even their secretive Lazarus group has been in the headlines even before crypto boom in 2017 if I'm not mistaken.

Nevertheless, we should take everything with a grain of salt.

███████████████████████████████
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████
█████████████▀▀        ▀▀██████
██████▀▀▀▀▀▀              ▀████
██████████▀     ▄▄██▄▄     ▀███
██████████      ██████      ███
██████████▄     ▀▀██▀▀     ▄███
██████▄▄▄▄▄▄              ▄████
█████████████▄▄        ▄▄██████
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████
|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
SSC NAPOLI
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER
|.ROLLBOTS.|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████▀████████▀████▄
██████▄▄▄█████▄▄█████████
██████▀▀▀█████▀▀█████████
▀█████████▄████████▄████▀
▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ROLLBIT COIN
TRADE RLB NOW!
|...PLAY NOW...
Bttzed03
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1149

https://bitcoincleanup.com/

View Profile
April 19, 2022, 11:35:39 AM

Of all the hacks and cyber attacks linked to Lazarus, had there been other proofs presented by the US Government agencies (Treasury Dept., FBI, CIA...)? AFAIK, it's just their words. The only other way I see to prove this is if the hackers confirm the accusations.

North Korean people have computers at all?
Of course they do. How else would they operate the equipments/machineries for their nuclear weapons and missiles without using high end computers?

Someone hacked the funds and its because of the security bug so why need to blame a country,
They are not blaming a country but a group of hackers that happened to be sponsored by the Government (according to them).
Odusko

Activity: 910
Merit: 512

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2022, 11:51:47 AM

So many hack cases in recent times have happened to the security architecture of most def and NFTs platforms lately because their the most hit by hackers, rather than blaming the origin of the hackers we should concentrate more on protecting our funds from hackers and the only way is to stop playing the blame game and step up our security.

Available
Ketesnuko

Activity: 233
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 19, 2022, 12:20:48 PM

I still read about this news today as the FBI is now pointing to North Korean hackers for many crypto hacks that already happened and some that are already in the play waiting for newbies to fall victim, the only way to prove this is by getting one hacker nailed and make such confession, in this case its going to be extremely hard because this is North Korea, no one leaves this country to make some confession about what the country is up to alive.

██████████████ ███████ █│     S y n t r u m     │     JOIN NOW     │█ ███████ ██████████████
►   Blockchain Infrastructure for DeFi, Gaming and NFT   ◄
██████████████       |       Twitter       |     Telegram     |      Medium      |       ██████████████
vv181
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1273

View Profile
April 20, 2022, 04:40:18 PM

Are there sources proving without doubt that the Lazarus group are North Korean? How do we know?
That also the things that are still vague. There hasn't been any strong proof that concludes the Lazarus group is from North Korea or backed by them. As far as I concern the allegation were tied because of their past hacking activities, which barely suggest as:

According to researchers, that could mean several things:

The attackers connected from that IP address in North Korea
    It was someone else’s carefully planned false flag operation
    Someone in North Korea accidentally visited the command and control URL

As we can see above, I think it isn't a fact that the group are indeed from North Korea. I don't follow that issue again, so I don't know if there are any new reports.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: