Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 06:01:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Terrible Mining Mistakes  (Read 381 times)
FirmWars

Activity: 229
Merit: 79

View Profile
April 21, 2022, 07:20:24 PM

not throwing defective parts right away...by not doing this, you will waste your time and effort in the near future LOL
Your point is kinda confusing to me, I won't advice people to get rid of parts because they can be useful in future if thats what you saying then im sorry, I was able to change hear sinks twice because I have them laying around, I was able to change a busted capacitor on my card because I have gpu spare part.

██████████████ ███████ █│     S y n t r u m     │     JOIN NOW     │█ ███████ ██████████████
►   Blockchain Infrastructure for DeFi, Gaming and NFT   ◄
██████████████       |       Twitter       |     Telegram     |      Medium      |       ██████████████

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
arielbit
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1059

View Profile
April 22, 2022, 02:10:10 PM

not throwing defective parts right away...by not doing this, you will waste your time and effort in the near future LOL
Your point is kinda confusing to me, I won't advice people to get rid of parts because they can be useful in future if thats what you saying then im sorry, I was able to change hear sinks twice because I have them laying around, I was able to change a busted capacitor on my card because I have gpu spare part.

like riser cards and usb cables, you will pick it up and plug it and then remove it again (during troubleshoot)..this makes sense if you have a lot of gear, managing a few is very different in managing a lot of gear.

exceptions are: you have same model of gpu from the farm that is defective, do not throw that away since you can get parts that are "compatible" to the ones that are still running.
JayDDee

Activity: 1388
Merit: 220

View Profile
April 22, 2022, 04:00:52 PM

Just use a trash bin, once it's in the trash bin you won't accidentally use it.
You can empty the trash bin if you like but it isn't a mistake not to.

IdiotCoder

Activity: 193
Merit: 26

View Profile
April 22, 2022, 06:42:23 PM

Bought an antminer and I caused a surge. Now it's dead. I've also bought GPYUs at 2x MSRP.

I suggest staking your coins for Ethereum. That's what I'm doing. Mine Ethereum and stake it for post-merge.
arielbit
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1059

View Profile
April 23, 2022, 04:28:25 AM

Just use a trash bin, once it's in the trash bin you won't accidentally use it.
You can empty the trash bin if you like but it isn't a mistake not to.

Here is the reality part:

You troubleshoot, replaced the riser(not the usb cable), but you placed the riser beside the rig because it might be the cable or other stuff(thinking the riser is might not be the problem) then you go out the mining area, look at the pool data or remote view, everything is fine and you don't come back to the mining area...you'll forget that you have a defective riser there, trust me you'll forget that you have a defective riser there and will try to use it again, only to be troubled by that defective part in the future.

The key is, if you know something is defective 100% sure, don't be lazy throw that shit right away.
devil2man

Activity: 759
Merit: 15

View Profile
April 23, 2022, 07:36:55 PM

there are no precise calculations, only estimates can be made, whattomine can give us a hand, however all the total energy consumption like cpu,gpu,mobo must be calculated,PSUs with a higher power than the graphics cards must always be bought because the consumption of the entire system must be added, it is not a good time to buy gpu if eth passes soon to pos the gpus will cost much less
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 1710

View Profile
April 25, 2022, 04:17:15 AM

Yeah I made that mistake also. Had defective risers, hard drives , PSUs , etc and instead of labeling them as “BAD” or throwing them out I would tend to reuse them in the future and forget that they were defective in the first place.

Lots of potential revenue was lost because due to those faulty parts the rig would crash overnight and would be down until the next day and sometimes day after. Basically lost lots of revenue this way because I should of put them in the garbage on day one instead of keeping them stored somewhere.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██