Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 12:54:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Mistake I made till now investing on crypto projects.  (Read 596 times)
Reid

Activity: 2884
Merit: 642

View Profile
April 27, 2022, 06:22:00 PM

Suddenly it made me remember a lot of my mistakes. This list should be kept by every investor because there will be a time we will forget about it and be careless again. Experiences are part of success either good or bad but there are times we get greedy and takes a huge risk without even noticing it.
This makes us remember it all and I appreciate the OP for making a big effort to put it all in one long opening thread.
Will bookmark it and will also print it and paste it in my wall.  Wink Thank you.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
fiulpro

Activity: 1862
Merit: 830

View Profile
April 27, 2022, 06:47:03 PM

At the same time you can see how effective their advertising is from the Altcoins campaigns as well there are many tokens which have been running successfully over the years as well and you can always differentiate between a token that's been in the market for long and the one which is already dying.
Some tokens also have the buy back option as well but for me that's like the team members already have a backup option and they don't trust their product enough therefore I do not like investing in those sector. For me investments are just bitcoins at the moment .
But right now with this much competition in the market I do not think that it's all safe waters as well. Most of the tokens are going to end up loosing all of their value therefore you can either take a chance or invest in the one's which are already successful.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██
█████████▀██▀████████
████████▀
░░░░▀░░██████████
███████████▌░░▄▄▄░░░▀████████
███████
█████░░░███▌░░░█████████
███
████████░░░░░░░░░░▄█████████
█████████▀░░░▄████░░░░█████████
███
████▄▄░░░░▀▀▀░░░░▄████████
█████
███▌▄█░░▄▄▄▄█████████
▀████
██████▄██
██████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀
.BitcoinCleanUp.com.

.     Debunking Bitcoin's Energy Use     .
███████████████████████████████
███████▀█████████▀▀▀▀█▀████████
███████▌░▀▀████▀░░░░░░░▄███████
███████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░▄██████████
███████▀▀▀░░░░░░░▄▄████████████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████
...#EndTheFUD...
dunfida
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1130

View Profile
April 27, 2022, 08:24:04 PM

Product was ready but token doesn't have utility:

This is the main thing that i do always look upon when i do tend to invest on a particular project.Always look for its utility and dont focus on the hype that surrounds it because
it would really be a good indication whether a project could stand on long term or not.

Somewhat its not an assurance because some or most people do really likes to dive in whenever they do see short time pumps.

ajochems

Activity: 1305
Merit: 511

View Profile
April 27, 2022, 08:31:04 PM
Last edit: April 27, 2022, 08:47:33 PM by ajochems

You made a valid post for the beginners.Mainly for the people who inverse money very blindly before the launch on Exchange.Many project will come to exist and sell their token on their own website.Because they will had full investing dollars to their own pocket.Then with expected money,they will close the project and flyaway.So you should investigate the listing before investment in new exchange.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
xSkylarx

Activity: 2352
Merit: 593

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2022, 05:15:30 PM

The team member for my opinion doesn't really become the most important thing than the project itself and again to where that the project is listing. For the team member, they may bring the name of important person but the person not aware of that. They put the names on white paper but white paper is fake and scam. Concentrating on the project I think is better.

Agreed, you have a point. It's like having a celebrity on their WP but that celebrity doesn't really know the project well; it's just like having flowers all over it. However, if you have a reputable team member, such as he/she has previous experience on a successful project, then it's a plus. However, if the project is not supported in the long run, it will be down. Now scammers are really efforting, like hiring famous people to advertise their scam projects, which leads to a lot of people getting scammed. We should look out for that.
el kaka22
Legendary

Activity: 3514
Merit: 1162

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
April 29, 2022, 08:48:35 PM

Ohhhh this list is amazing. I have made some of these mistakes and learned the same lessons, even needed some of these lessons to be fair even though I have been around for many years, nearly a decade. I have to say there is never enough mistakes, we just make them all the time and no matter how long you have been here, you keep making those same mistakes all over again.

I am afraid it is not going to be that easy to just watch the list and check every box before you invest, if it was like that then none of us would have made any mistakes. But, it is clearly important to learn from our mistakes and get lessons like this so that we never repeat them again.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Pomogator

Activity: 616
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 29, 2022, 09:00:05 PM

good writing to add experience so that we are more careful in investing, if we make a wrong step we will indeed wait a long time to recover, it can even happen that we will not recover and we lose money. indeed a lot of new projects that do hype so as to just rob investors of money and walk away. when a rally occurs, fomo takes action, and there will be many people who will be affected so they invest with high expectations
I also encountered scammers in the cryptosystem. Starting from investing in a project and ending with bounty projects. There are a lot of scammers in cryptocurrencies who want to make money on you, this is the financial sector, be careful. The most important thing is to learn to look for projects for yourself, and not to listen to some "experts".
TribalBob

Activity: 1288
Merit: 257

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
April 29, 2022, 09:31:48 PM

it all started from a mistake and made a lesson for all of us in the future, good information, friend, thank you for telling your experience and possible solutions, for beginners, you should read this because your initial thoughts on investing in crypto are always profitable, even though behind the success of someone in the crypto world there are many lessons and journeys behind all

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
CHAIN JOES
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
|
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
📝
Cookdata

Activity: 938
Merit: 876

Not Your Keys, Not Your Bitcoin

View Profile
April 29, 2022, 09:34:13 PM

• Product was not ready: That project looks promising but their product was still in development mode. I made a huge sum of investment but the price of the token keeps falling because no utility exists by then. Lose 90% of my portfolio.

• Lesson: Do not invest in a token that doesn't have any utility or whose product is not ready.

A hard lesson was learnt but I will like to correct some of the wrong assumptions you thought contributed to your failure.
It is true that you should invest in a project that must have a utility but some utility doesn't just come into existence at the beginning of the project launched, some carry months to years before you see their utility and how can you tell if the utility will come or not in future, it is only time that can reveal that, look at Solana and Fantom, they both were here at few scents and nobody gives a sh!t about them until they went mainet and then the FOMO began.

• Product was ready but token doesn't have utility: Another project where I am still 50% down. This project is already live and they have a big community but right now their token doesn't have any proper utility so investors keep selling their unlocked token.

• Lesson: Wait for the team to implement any proper utility so that market has demand for that token.

Why invest in a project that can add value to your money, that's just like investing in a meme token that is purely based on speculation and hype.

Quidat

Activity: 2562
Merit: 539

View Profile
April 29, 2022, 09:35:23 PM

it all started from a mistake and made a lesson for all of us in the future, good information, friend, thank you for telling your experience and possible solutions, for beginners, you should read this because your initial thoughts on investing in crypto are always profitable, even though behind the success of someone in the crypto world there are many lessons and journeys behind all
Most noobs wont really be able to read up things at first because they would really be having that kind of behavior on which they do tend to engage directly without doing
any further research on which things would only be learnt up after real experiences but eventually we could really able to avoid out if we are just sensible
or mindful about our actions specially when we are just starting up but well people do really end up on being careless when we are just stepping our foot
into something new.
Viscore

Activity: 3038
Merit: 647

View Profile
April 29, 2022, 11:11:36 PM

These are realities in the altcoin market. The Bitcoin market is a lot different. And I guess it is generally acknowledged that the Bitcoin market is much much safer than the altcoin market. The risks in the altcoin market are way too high and too many compared to the risks with Bitcoin. Some of these could be avoided but some may not. For example, being aware that altcoins are short-lived must have pushed you to take profit. Losing in that respect is avoidable. However, in terms of picking the best project to invest in, failure could be unavoidable. Projects may not be what they seem. What appears to be the best choice may actually be the scam.
Since altcoin market has been the playground of scams, no matter how promising the project is, there are always high chances that it will end up as scam and that is inevitable. I guess the best thing we can do is to always make an in depth research first deciding to invest in a project. Trace the background of the team that is running the project, if they have made successful projects prior to that. That way, we will have an idea whether to trust them our hard earned money or not.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
CaVO32

Activity: 1848
Merit: 158

View Profile
April 29, 2022, 11:36:37 PM

Most noobs wont really be able to read up things at first because they would really be having that kind of behavior on which they do tend to engage directly without doing
any further research on which things would only be learnt up after real experiences but eventually we could really able to avoid out if we are just sensible
or mindful about our actions specially when we are just starting up but well people do really end up on being careless when we are just stepping our foot
into something new.

Some newcomers are careless because most are tempted with the promised of high profits. However, it is good if they will learn their lessons on their own because in that way, they will bring those lessons throughout their journey in this market. Hard to push something to a person if he doesn't believe it. So it is better to let them learn on their own ways. They will learn quick if they will lose their hard-earned money or in some, borrowed money.
speedy963

Activity: 631
Merit: 253

View Profile
April 30, 2022, 02:23:39 AM

- Don't forget the most vital but less cared about. "The cheap is good mentality" which makes people easily fall for projects that offer lots of coins for a cheap price but the actual supply is too huge to actually give much returns and would take so much to increase their price. At least this is the case for the late comers. For the new comers though, it would be like a moth getting drawn into a flame.

- There's also the "invest because he said so" where most people get fcked because of listening to signals or influential people shilling while not studying about the coin they are investing in.

- And yes, The falling in love with the token which is somehow related to what you have mentioned which was trusting devs too much. Here though, you have fallen in love with the community, the devs, the ideal of the coin or utility that you basically ignore the dozen of red flags that you see as days go having little to no progress and bad managing and marketing. This makes you want to go down with the ship like the Titanic captain. sound hilarious but this is real and does happen a lot.

Good post op, this is such a valuable information specially for newbies even to those that are already in the midst of being a veteran and a newbie. If I had smerits I would've already given you one.
Darker45
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1858

🙏🏼Padayon...🙏

View Profile
April 30, 2022, 02:51:09 AM

These are realities in the altcoin market. The Bitcoin market is a lot different. And I guess it is generally acknowledged that the Bitcoin market is much much safer than the altcoin market. The risks in the altcoin market are way too high and too many compared to the risks with Bitcoin. Some of these could be avoided but some may not. For example, being aware that altcoins are short-lived must have pushed you to take profit. Losing in that respect is avoidable. However, in terms of picking the best project to invest in, failure could be unavoidable. Projects may not be what they seem. What appears to be the best choice may actually be the scam.
Since altcoin market has been the playground of scams, no matter how promising the project is, there are always high chances that it will end up as scam and that is inevitable. I guess the best thing we can do is to always make an in depth research first deciding to invest in a project. Trace the background of the team that is running the project, if they have made successful projects prior to that. That way, we will have an idea whether to trust them our hard earned money or not.

An in depth research is not even a guarantee. Billions were lost during the height of the ICO craze. I'm sure investors, especially angel and institutional investors, made thorough research before releasing a good amount of money. But many of them failed to make ROI.

I can still remember the most common advice in hunting for a good project to invest in was to carefully check the background of the development team. Many did not fail to do this. I myself was diligent enough to do this. An excellent development team is probably one of the reasons why some ICOs in the past would reach their hard cap so easily. But where are the projects now? Most of them are probably dead.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Crypto Library

Activity: 854
Merit: 762

Find your Digital Services at- cryptolibrary.pro

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2022, 11:59:29 AM

Here are some of the mistakes what I have made in the past.  I see new traders start trading without any knowledge and  analysis and also without understanding well and then they face losses. I think it is important to create awareness among all by presenting such goods posts well and newcomers must gain knowledge about this before trading.

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
AicecreaME

Activity: 2338
Merit: 454

View Profile
April 30, 2022, 02:01:43 PM

Often times, its because we think of having more coins so we bought at the cheapest possible that even the project hasn't yet created we bought a lot of it. So much trust given to a project team because they promise something for the project to be the catalyst. Only to be disappointed when they fail to achieve every milestone. 
The ones we taught project won't also succeed are the ones that are trying hard to make it and then many investors also missed while the price is only few satoshis.

Small community may not be as bad if the project team is doing a useful product. The community will grow but if they are not, its also going to fail.

This is so true. I knew some people that were just like this and fortunately, they learned as time passed by. It's really important to do research first before investing into something no matter how small the amount you will invest because every cents matter. If you will not check where you will put your money, there is a high probability that you will end up losing what you risked.

Making sure that the coins you will invest in have a potential and they will have a good project that will be sustainable and effective in the long run will save you from headaches and losses. Hence, you should really do your part which is to be informed and knowledgeable.
uelque

Activity: 812
Merit: 126

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2022, 02:56:27 PM

For me one of the most common mistakes why we fail as investors is that we don't properly research everything about a certain project. Like for example, you found out that a project has an amazing concept and they keeps on saying that they have amazing things to offer but that team remains hidden and unknown yet you still invest. Or a friend of yours introduced a project to you and since you trusted him/her so much, you jumped in without conducting any reseach. I've seen most people done such things and ended up losing money. So what's the problem? maybe it's either we are to lazy reading and knowing every little information about a certain project or we put our trust to other people so easily. I think that is the two main reasons why we keep on making mistakes when it comes in choosing the right investments.
DVlog (OP)

Activity: 476
Merit: 212

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
April 30, 2022, 03:20:38 PM

It's really important to do research first before investing into something no matter how small the amount you will invest because every cents matter. If you will not check where you will put your money, there is a high probability that you will end up losing what you risked.

Actually, the real problem is with people's sentiment. Many people think investing in crypto is a lottery after seeing a meme project like doge and Shiba Inu spike more than 1000% within a few weeks. Lack of proper knowledge about the crypto space gives people a false impression of crypto. Because these newbies took so much loss in their first trade and called crypto a scam.

|     T o n T o g e t h e r     |     Saving Empowers Winning     |
Join Launchpool  >  Jan 10th - Feb 10th
●      T W I T T E R      ●      T E L E G R A M      ●      M E D I U M      ●
kaya11

Activity: 1302
Merit: 110

View Profile
April 30, 2022, 04:28:13 PM

This has some points, most newbies in crypto investments should take information like theses before investing blindly. I have experiences also, and have seen tokens that failed in the long run. I was investing in NFT and p2e projects recently and the thing that made me quit is that the token they are using has less utility on it. They produce drastically and the amount of circulation is so huge that the tokens price has drop, it is just like fiat and it inflates the small community of investors.
Cling18

Activity: 1708
Merit: 126

View Profile
April 30, 2022, 04:29:34 PM

It's really important to do research first before investing into something no matter how small the amount you will invest because every cents matter. If you will not check where you will put your money, there is a high probability that you will end up losing what you risked.

Actually, the real problem is with people's sentiment. Many people think investing in crypto is a lottery after seeing a meme project like doge and Shiba Inu spike more than 1000% within a few weeks. Lack of proper knowledge about the crypto space gives people a false impression of crypto. Because these newbies took so much loss in their first trade and called crypto a scam.

People could easily be moved by the hype and greed. Having the wrong mindset that crypto is a shortcut to getting rich usually result to wrong decisions on investing with projects that are on trend. People are risking on it without even doing research but just going with the flow believing that they could gain higher profit through hyped projects. It's a common mistake that investors must learn from because most of the time, scammers hype their coins to deceive investors.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: