Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 12:46:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Never store your coin on exchange!!!  (Read 235 times)
tokyohd

Activity: 352
Merit: 18

Pepemo.vip

View Profile
May 02, 2022, 07:33:37 PM

Thanks for the nice advice. In fact, my thinking changed reed your post. I have always felt that the exchanger wallet was more secure than my offline wallet. Thanks a lot.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Upgrade00
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 2174

Professional Community manager

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2022, 07:51:54 PM

Storing coins to an exchange "account" (not wallet) for trading is different from making it as an alternative as a wallet.  When you see "never store" it is a different way to say, dont send your coins to an exchange.
To store up something basically means to keep in a safe location while you're not actively using it. Day traders are actively trading and as such they are using the funds sent to their wallet, this does not count as storage. Using an exchange account to keep bitcoins you're not using overtime is storing and is not advisable

Exchanges are necessary for trades. Except one has a trusted individual they can trade with, you'll need them.

I have always felt that the exchanger wallet was more secure than my offline wallet.
Note that your offline wallet is the best option, but it puts all the responsibility of safeguarding your address on you. You are responsible for;
• Your private keys (seed phrase) back ups,
• Your choice of wallet software or hardware.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██