Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 04:59:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Pareto principle and chats  (Read 40 times)
GrLinkey (OP)

Activity: 234
Merit: 26

View Profile
April 28, 2022, 07:29:20 AM

There is a famous phrase by Dana Eagle, who won the comedian competition: “Studies show that 80% of the population suffer from depression, the remaining 20% create this depression in them.” It seems to me that this is a very true phrase and it is related to politics: these 20% always impose erroneous views and values on society. In the West, “20 percenters” are those who too actively support political correctness, tolerance, and multiculturalism. In Russia, the 20 percenters are the most ardent supporters of Putin and the war (anti-democrats).
And it occurred to me that this topic is related to the Pareto principle and this is observed in chats:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pareto_principle

Roughly speaking, in chats, 20% of the participants create 80% of the posts, the remaining 80% of the participants create 20% of the posts. At the same time, the first 20% always impose on the rest an uninteresting format of communication, boring topics.
What do you think about this?
cryptosize

Activity: 1652
Merit: 303

View Profile
May 03, 2022, 08:55:52 AM

The Pareto principle is a universal law that explains everything in this universe, including wealth distribution (a touchy topic).

I'll never understand people who think they can go against universe's laws (that exist for billions of years), unless they're... "Gods" themselves?

I'm a mortal human being.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: