Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 09:33:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for loan, $500 to $3000 or more per individual, 1.25% for 3 months  (Read 3182 times)
copumpkin
Donator

Activity: 266
Merit: 252

I'm actually a pineapple

View Profile
December 24, 2011, 12:33:08 PM

1.25% is ridiculous considering the level of risk being taken on such a large loan.
A lot of you are missing the point.
1.25% per 3 months is more than 5%APR.
Find me a bank that pays you more than 2% these days.
If you think is too much risk for you, then please move on.

There's a high inherent risk in lending stuff to pseudonymous people on the internet. I've done a lot of it, but in many cases I've asked for (and received) interest rates in your rage, per day. You may be providing collateral, but unless someone actually wanted a bunch of mining rigs, nobody wants to go hunt you down and deal with law enforcement and collections. To make that option more palatable, people want a larger payoff. Lending money to strangers you've never met is terrifying Smiley

For some perspective, look at pirateat40's thread looking for lenders. He's offering 1% per day on loans, and is reputable and well liked on the forums. If someone has spare money lying around, do you think they'd give it to you or to him?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Ranvier

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 24, 2011, 06:35:21 PM

Banks dilute the risk of their investments among their depositors, hence they can afford to charge lower interest rates.

Individuals, on the other hand, gain it all or lose it all.

Additionally, if it is possible to earn 5% annually on a corporate bond or dividends of Verizon stock, why would someone loan you money at the same rate? There is no gain for the massive increase in risk.

P.S. The request in your new thread is much more reasonable. Good job.
chungenhung (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1005

View Profile
December 27, 2011, 09:02:07 PM

Banks dilute the risk of their investments among their depositors, hence they can afford to charge lower interest rates.

Individuals, on the other hand, gain it all or lose it all.

Additionally, if it is possible to earn 5% annually on a corporate bond or dividends of Verizon stock, why would someone loan you money at the same rate? There is no gain for the massive increase in risk.

P.S. The request in your new thread is much more reasonable. Good job.
nobody is forcing you to lend me money at the rate if you can earn it with verizon stock. Just hope that your stock price will stay the same should the EU crashes, and pull US down with it.

BTC is BTC. USD is USD.
The loan in BTC will be paid back in BTC.
casascius
Mike Caldwell
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1135

The Casascius 1oz 10BTC Silver Round (w/ Gold B)

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2011, 09:46:11 PM

If you've got 8 GHash of mining gear, I would recommend a pawn shop as a place for a good loan.

Companies claiming they got hacked and lost your coins sounds like fraud so perfect it could be called fashionable.  I never believe them.  If I ever experience the misfortune of a real intrusion, I declare I have been honest about the way I have managed the keys in Casascius Coins.  I maintain no ability to recover or reproduce the keys, not even under limitless duress or total intrusion.  Remember that trusting strangers with your coins without any recourse is, as a matter of principle, not a best practice.  Don't keep coins online. Use paper or hardware wallets instead.
LoupGaroux

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 27, 2011, 10:18:00 PM

A notarized signature on your "contract" is nothing more than proof that you got someone to attest to your signature being the one on the document, and means nothing about the validity or enforceability of the contract. If someone wanted to physically take possession of your mining rigs as security for your loan, they would be spending far more in transport costs to move them around than it would be worth, and leaving them in your possession eliminates any consideration of them being security for the loan.

What you are looking for, without providing any specifics about how the money will be used, and what your actual capability to repay the loan is a signature loan based on nothing more than a rumor that you have a way to beat the system.

There are lenders that do that kind of business. My cousin Joey "Two Fingers" Giancarlo is one such lender. For this type of loan, and with your attitude about it, he would loan you $3,000 in a heartbeat. The weekly vig on it is 10%, every Friday, in US cash, no BTC. You are late by so much as two minutes on any Friday, you will learn exactly what the nickname "Two Fingers" means. After 30 days, you pay the full $3,000, plus a final juice of 10% and you keep your mouth shut.

Shall I have a lending officer contact you?
mc_lovin
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

www.bitcointrading.com

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2011, 02:07:46 AM

$3k per person?  At 1.25%?  If you had a genius stock-trading tip that makes you infinite funds--practically a licence to print money--you wouldn't need a loan but you would be the one offering loans. 

TRUST ME.  You don't want to owe people money.  Last year I was in a rough spot, I was holding someone's money and these three cute girls totally duped me and got me robbed and I had to repay money that wasn't even mine in the first place...  And I had to sell my TV and a bunch of other stuff, because some people are serious when it comes to debt.  Take LoupGaroux's advice seriously before asking for money.

If anyone loans this person money I hope they let it be public so we can make a bet on www.betsofbitco.in an we can bet for or against the repayment. 
chungenhung (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 28, 2011, 04:09:54 AM

$3k per person?  At 1.25%?  If you had a genius stock-trading tip that makes you infinite funds--practically a licence to print money--you wouldn't need a loan but you would be the one offering loans. 

TRUST ME.  You don't want to owe people money.  Last year I was in a rough spot, I was holding someone's money and these three cute girls totally duped me and got me robbed and I had to repay money that wasn't even mine in the first place...  And I had to sell my TV and a bunch of other stuff, because some people are serious when it comes to debt.  Take LoupGaroux's advice seriously before asking for money.

If anyone loans this person money I hope they let it be public so we can make a bet on www.betsofbitco.in an we can bet for or against the repayment. 
It takes time to "print money". Say you can make 100% a yr, but you only have $5, that makes you $5 a yr. But if you have 1 trillion, you would make 1 trillion in a yr. See the difference?
So you are against the idea of owing money? then I suggest you hand me all your cash, as it is an IOU.

BTW, how much would you bet on www.betsofbitco.in?
chungenhung (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 28, 2011, 04:11:10 AM

A notarized signature on your "contract" is nothing more than proof that you got someone to attest to your signature being the one on the document, and means nothing about the validity or enforceability of the contract. If someone wanted to physically take possession of your mining rigs as security for your loan, they would be spending far more in transport costs to move them around than it would be worth, and leaving them in your possession eliminates any consideration of them being security for the loan.

What you are looking for, without providing any specifics about how the money will be used, and what your actual capability to repay the loan is a signature loan based on nothing more than a rumor that you have a way to beat the system.

There are lenders that do that kind of business. My cousin Joey "Two Fingers" Giancarlo is one such lender. For this type of loan, and with your attitude about it, he would loan you $3,000 in a heartbeat. The weekly vig on it is 10%, every Friday, in US cash, no BTC. You are late by so much as two minutes on any Friday, you will learn exactly what the nickname "Two Fingers" means. After 30 days, you pay the full $3,000, plus a final juice of 10% and you keep your mouth shut.

Shall I have a lending officer contact you?
Details will be provided for interested individuals. Have you ever heard of trade secrets? you only reveal those to INTERESTED investors/lenders, and have them sign a NDA.
chungenhung (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 28, 2011, 04:12:31 AM

If you've got 8 GHash of mining gear, I would recommend a pawn shop as a place for a good loan.
funny. if i pawn it, i can't make money with mining!
and hey, where I live, people won't even pay $200 for a Core i7 laptop.
mc_lovin
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

www.bitcointrading.com

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2011, 08:58:14 AM

It takes time to "print money". Say you can make 100% a yr, but you only have $5, that makes you $5 a yr. But if you have 1 trillion, you would make 1 trillion in a yr. See the difference?
So you are against the idea of owing money? then I suggest you hand me all your cash, as it is an IOU.

BTW, how much would you bet on www.betsofbitco.in?

I'm not sure how much I would bet, but I would definitely submit the bet for 0.1 BTC plus like 1 BTC and get a small % of the cut at the end.  Small risk, small reward.

But you cannot guarantee you will make $5 or 1 trillion.  Who can guarantee that?  If you could, you wouldn't need a loan.  I've made $10,000 in 1 day before, I've also lost >$10,000 in 1 day before.  If you invest in something, that's sort of a gamble.  Your account could hit zero at anytime.  The only difference is if you are at zero or minus $3000. 
copumpkin
Donator

Activity: 266
Merit: 252

I'm actually a pineapple

View Profile
December 28, 2011, 11:14:46 AM

Time for some credit default swaps Smiley
john Harry

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 10:33:03 PM

We are certified, trustworthy, reliable, efficient, fast and dynamic. and a co-operate financier. We give out long term loan for 5-25Yrs maximum @ 2% interest rate, If you are interested do get back with this information below.
Your Name:
Address:
City:
Phone:
Amount Needed:
Loan Duration:
Email: johnharry098@gmail.com

Thanks
We hope to serve you better

Regard
Mr.john Harry
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 3010

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2014, 10:36:26 PM

We are certified, trustworthy, reliable, efficient, fast and dynamic. and a co-operate financier. We give out long term loan for 5-25Yrs maximum @ 2% interest rate, If you are interested do get back with this information below.
Your Name:
Address:
City:
Phone:
Amount Needed:
Loan Duration:

Thanks

Regard
Mr.john Harry

Smells fishy.  YEARS long loans at 2%?  Either identity theft, or collateral scam.    Roll Eyes

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!

OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 10:50:01 PM

Your Name:
Address:
City:
Phone:
Amount Needed:
Loan Duration:

Thanks

Regard
Mr.john Harry

Smells fishy.  YEARS long loans at 2%?  Either identity theft, or collateral scam.    Roll Eyes

I smell the rotten fish too.
One post noob with easy, cheap loans?
This community is good, but not that good....

DiamondCardz
Legendary

Merit: 1105

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2014, 12:16:24 PM

Time for some credit default swaps Smiley

Your Name:
Address:
City:
Phone:
Amount Needed:
Loan Duration:

Thanks

Regard
Mr.john Harry

Holy necro, this thread is over 2 years old. Also, I love how this certified financier has the extremely professional email of johnharry098@gmail.com Tongue

BA Computer Science, University of Oxford
Dissertation was about threat modelling on distributed ledgers.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: