Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 11:38:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: When the People's Choice is not the Investors' Choice: Economic Prospects  (Read 104 times)
Darker45 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1858

🙏🏼Padayon...🙏

View Profile
May 07, 2022, 02:35:39 AM
Merited by Similificator (2)

My country will have its presidential election a couple of days from now. It's gonna be on Monday, May 9. All the surveys are pointing at the son of the infamous dictator Ferdinand Marcos Sr. and Imelda Marcos as the potential winner. The result is more or less expected to be a landslide victory for the only boy of probably the most hated couple in Philippine history. Second in the surveys is the current vice president, but she's trailing too far behind.

Things could have been easily acceptable since the voice of the people is the voice of god. However, it somehow causes anxiety and worry when the choice of the general populace is not the choice of investors, the sector that plays a very vital role in the country's economy. To make things worse, not only is the namesake of the old dictator not the choice of the sector that creates assets and employment, he is the least of the choices, together with the boxing legend, Manny Pacquiao.[1][2]

So far, the country's currency has experienced a three-year low, partly due to election concerns.[3] The stock market is also going down.[4] And while there is the prospect of a nice ROI months after the elections, this one is a bit different. Not only are the investors wary of the next possible administration, there is also high inflation, a pandemic, and a war far away yet affecting the domestic economy.[5]

N.B.: This isn't a political discussion.

[1] https://www.bworldonline.com/the-nation/2022/03/13/435503/investors-lukewarm-to-marcos-presidency/
[2] https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-03-13/marcos-nears-bottom-in-philippine-markets-poll-favoring-robredo
[3] https://www.thestar.com.my/aseanplus/aseanplus-news/2022/05/04/philippine-peso-falls-to-three-year-low-on-fed-election-worries
[4] https://tradingeconomics.com/philippines/stock-market
[5] https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-05-06/presidential-elections-spell-fat-philippine-stock-returns

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Similificator

Activity: 882
Merit: 403

View Profile
May 07, 2022, 07:05:18 AM

As a fellow Filipino citizen I admit that I am actually a bit worried about this as well. Although I support the Marcoses, these issues mentioned above are real and can be a huge problem if ever he does win. But even so, I do not think that it will be a long term problem if these issues get properly addressed as soon as he takes office(if he really does win that is). The turbulent times will, just like any other phases, pass. A change for the better does require a lot but I just wish though that we wouldn't be sacrificing that much and that the change coming if he wins really does improve the overall state of our country.

What's important right now though is that whoever wins should be fully supported by the entire country. Because a leader's success is the whole country's success as well and this goes both ways having us suffer when the leader fails. The toxicity of being a sore loser and being trapped in the never ending cycle of pulling down others that have bested you should be broken. These political parties and their personal agendas that does not only divide us but turns us against each other as well should be put to an end.

I wish that this time, my fellow countrymen will wake up from the wrong mentalities and stimulate the change, unity and genuine love that our mother land is desperately crying out for by starting within our/themselves. Only by this can our country get back up again like in the past.
glendall
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1018

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
May 07, 2022, 07:58:17 AM

people expect the best from their leaders, but sometimes the leaders we hope for lose one thing that is disappointing, just as in my country when the presidential election yesterday was not the desire of the people but the wishes of investors and the political elite, what can we do we are just a people
must accept what has become the path of our country's choice
keep calm and believe our country will be fine

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
Moneyprism

Activity: 452
Merit: 10

👉bit.ly/3QXp3oh | 🔥 Ultimate Launc

View Profile
May 09, 2022, 08:07:14 AM

as a person who lives in the ASEAN region I see that the current Philippine elections are very crucial, especially for security and economy in the region.. if Marcos is elected, this will of course affect security and the economy not only in the Philippines but also in the region.. his decision will play an important role in the economic progress and security of the philippines.. to be honest in my country too we are fighting the rise of the sons of a dictator who is forming a political dynasty and wants to be the full holder of power,, but fortunately during 3 elections, This dictator family is not elected by the people

▀██▀ ▀▀▀▀▀  ▄██████████▀          T O N U P          ▀██████████▄ ▀▀▀▀▀  ▀██▀
THE ULTIMATE LAUNCHPAD ON TON CHAIN
▀████▄     [      Twitter      ]    [    Telegram    ]    [     Medium     ]     ▄████▀
Anonylz

Activity: 2562
Merit: 577

View Profile
May 09, 2022, 06:35:35 PM

The people are the electorate and have the power to put whomever they so desire they want in power who they feel have the interest of the people at heart, it doesn't matter what choice the investors want provided the people can come together to collectively vote for whom they want. Except the election is not expected to be free and fair then there is a reason to be worried.

██▄     ▄▄░
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
████▀                   ▀████
████       ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▄   ████
████      ▄██████████▄▀    ████
████      ████████▀▀       ████
████  ▄▀ ▄██▀▀▀   ▄██      ████
████   ▀▀     ▄▄███▀       ████
████▄                   ▄████
▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
SECONDLIVE
CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS
                           Twitter       Telegram      Medium      YouTube      Discord        TikTok         GitHub               
        ▄▄███████▄▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
   ████████████████████▄
  ███████▀▀▀█████████████
 ██████▌     ▀████████████
███████▀ ▀▀▄▄██▀▀▀█████████
██████             ▀███████
██████▄             ███████
 ███████▄▄        ▄███████
  ███████████▄▄▄▄█████████
   ▀███████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀▀